Have The Wheels Fell Off

Next few weeks will tell.

Appalling result at the weekend has the potential to derail us but although we've not picked up enough wins in the last 5 that can only be talked about in the context of form rather than any assertion that it's a terminal decline.

I'm not sure if we'll have the legs to maintain a playoff charge without strengthening in January, particularly up front and replacing Daniel Johnson/James Wilson if they leave. We're not far enough adrift of mid-table for a poor run of results to allow us to remain in contention so the manager needs to make sure the team regain the form they had pretty quickly.

We're not really a team that the wheels can really fall off though. Draws that should've been wins will be our downfall if any. That being the case I'm not sure that constitutes the wheels falling off, more that they were never fully in place...

The problem isn't the draws that should've been wins because that got us to sixth. It could be the loss that should have been a win which will really hurt when we get to the sharp end and an interesting run of games in April. I'm still positive but needed a lot of anaesthetic after the punishment on Saturday. Just hope LJ is going to give the team much love before MK Dons and Boxing Day.

A result like this for a decent side can happen. (whether a performance can, I'm not sure) It's how we respond. If it happens again (maybe not saturday - but in the next few weeks) then there may be a big problem. If we bounce back then it will be a blip

Can't wait for the reaction if we get nothing at MK Dons. Its not like they are one of the better sides in the division which will surley be forgotten if we get nothing.

Anyone can win a cup match which we have seen before and its one defeat in the league.

The wheels are firmly attached. Long way to go yet!

Who would have said no to our current league position at Xmas if asked 4 months ago?

Best case scenario after MK Dons game, we are 5th.

Worst case scenario after MK Dons game, we are 10th and a maximum of 3 points outside the play offs.

Wheels falling off, do me a favour! Given the choice at the start of the season, not one of us would have grumbled about being where we are. In fact, would imagine the vast majority would be delighted!

Well have they?

Yep and I'm not going again until they sack everybody,reduce ticket prices to what they were before and realise that the team should recognise I deserve for them to win every game 4-0 AND NOT PASS IT SIDEWAYS/BACKWARDS (or to Winchester) and they build a statue of Postman Matt at the top of Sheepfoot Lane (of whatever it will be called now that we have sold our soul /the club to Mike Ashely -boo/spit)

Another in the no camp.

Overall we are punching above our weight a little in this division - and have demonstated that we can match and beat the best in the league. Consistenency of performances is not at the level that would see us in contention for an automatic place, but we have seen enough to think that we can be in contention for a Play-Off berth.

The gap between mid-table and the play-offs is tiny at the moment, but over another 6 weeks you will likely see some clear water between the Top 8 and the rest.....we stand a good chance of being in that group and fighing with probably 4 teams for 2 spots as the Top 4 pull away.