Ibehre wants to stay

He's missed a gilt edged chance at the RRE in each of the last two games. We'd have beaten Doncaster and been in with a shout of a better result against Yeovil.

I can see his nouse. I get that he's a very different option physically to what else we've got. But he's not exactly tucking away a goal every three games.

I'd probably look elsewhere.

I'd be happy to see him leave.

Link up play with Forte was brilliant for a few games, and he's put in a few great performances but the goals just aren't there. We can't rely on Forte all season with his list of injuries and career record and it's worth the risk of finding a new striker in the hope for goals considering we haven't challenged the play offs for 5 or 6 years.

Not sure.

He has had some great games - holding the ball up regularly and bringing others into the attack; but then his form is a bit indifferent and he hasn't scored enough.\

I'd hope that LJ could find a better player, but if not he'll do but not exactly a player that will be pivotal in securing a Play-off berth.

It's now about balancing a limited budget. I would keep him but Colchester will want us to pay his full wages and I'm sure he will have other options in January. We need different options if we are to end up sixth or better and he gives us that. Wilkinson now appears impossible unless we get him for next to nothing and remember he was not a prolific scorer either.

Colchester would not be wanting rid if he was a consistent performer, he's decent at this level but that's all....wouldn't miss too much sleep if hé went.

Could apply that logic to any player we have signed from a Lg1 or 2 club

Surely it's about what the player does here rather than the view his old club had?

You could find about 50 big lads who hold the ball up well in none league if that's the criteria you are measuring - which a lot seem to do regarding this player - seems a really good job to me - getting paid to 'hold the ball up' - if, however, you want a striker that can actually score some goals - it's a simple decision - get rid - and add Poleon to that too - got all the right attributes but couldn't hit a barn door for us. It's a worry because when Forte dries up (and teams are finding out that if you close mark him he's ineffective) don't know where the goals are coming from.

We need a go long option if their is a better target man available get him. If not stick with jabo as he gives us something different to our other strikers. Doesn't matter if he doesn't score 20 a season it's not the be all and end all of a striker.

I'd want more than three goals between now and the end of the season if he does stay.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite what LJ has said, if we really wanted the guy he would never have returned to Colchester.

Either that or perhaps it might be that Jabo wants to stay down south.

Personally I'm not arsed because we would still need à goalscorer even if he signed.

I think John Stead was à better option but he's at Bradford now........

Léon Clarke is the one we want but we ain't Got the cash unfortunately!