Daniel Johnson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could affect future loan signings.

Yes, and I think it will.

But i'm not sure in this case. He said when he arrived he was here to build his experience, play games and improve further, with a view to getting as high up the football pyramid as he could.

The Chron piece echoes that too.

So, he's aiming Championship or higher. Bigger than us; and it's for that reason i'd say we wont be seeing him again.

(Nice to post something unrelated to CE for a change.....damm it, still mentioned him)

Yes, and I think it will.

But i'm not sure in this case. He said when he arrived he was here to build his experience, play games and improve further, with a view to getting as high up the football pyramid as he could.

The Chron piece echoes that too.

So, he's aiming Championship or higher. Bigger than us; and it's for that reason i'd say we wont be seeing him again.

(Nice to post something unrelated to CE for a change.....damm it, still mentioned him)

He might mean in the Championship with us next season.

His agent want him in the championship,Simple.

We all thought that would be the case weeks ago.

As much as we would like not everything is to do with Ched Evans who as yet hasn't signef for Oldham.

Of course. Although he'll need a permanent move to get there. And if he can't get one of those then he's lumbered with us or Chesterfield, and they won't have any rapists playing for them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear that Liam Kelly has been the difference in our turn around of form. We'd be a better team still with Johnson.

That was the first time in a month and a half we'd won a game and it coincided with the absence of Forte and Jabo. The original point still isn't valid.

Me being a pragmatist and all would have to say no. Philliskirk offers so much defensively and links the play well.

But his job is not to defend its to score goals and get assists which he rarely does. I reckon Johnson has more goals and assists in a month then want philly has all season.

Edited by SavageTheBeast

If Aston Villa want Daniel to play he either has to stay here or go to Chesterfield (two club rule). I would prefer him to stay but that does give us selection problems as I don't think Daniel and Forte can play in the same team against strong opposition. Forte has done an exceptional job but can't be allowed to tackle back in case he gets injured. I haven't seen Daniel add much to our defending. With both we are a man down defending.

My only criticism of Philli is his lack of goals but he should still, after Kelly, be the second name on the team sheet.

You wait all year for a good thoughtful analysis and lo and behold on New Years Eve we get one that I missed at the time. Well said that man!

It's pretty clear that Liam Kelly has been the difference in our turn around of form. We'd be a better team still with Johnson.

That was the first time in a month and a half we'd won a game and it coincided with the absence of Forte and Jabo. The original point still isn't valid.

We are not a better team with Johnson , we may have more of an attacking threat but we are def not a better team.

I would rather have any team we have fielded this season without Johnson than with him.

We are not a better team with Johnson , we may have more of an attacking threat but we are def not a better team.

I would rather have any team we have fielded this season without Johnson than with him.

His main problem was playing in the same team as Philly its either or for me, I'd much rather any money made available goes on a real quality striker, I know thats highly unlikely but thats my view on him.