Barry Owen

In the Oldham Athletic master plan, where does he fit in?

I thought, rightly or wrongly, his main job is to reflect the fans views and report back to the board. In this instance, i.e. Ched Evans, according to a poll on OWTB which shows an anti vote of 90% AND ignoring his own advice on the BBC last month with regards to consulting the fans, he has failed us.

It appears from my position that Owen is more comfortable in the boardroom chair and all the matchday freebies that goes with it rather than upset the chairman by doing the job that we "voted" him in to do and reporting our opinions however uncomfortable those opinions may be.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the club have made enquires with the judicial system to see how likely the conviction will be overturned before we have been linked to this player again.

I hoping that they have, it's a big chance to to take, maybe the club are playing this financially?

Still, I believe this signing is morally wrong

Edited by underdog

I seem to remember it was Barry who got his crayon out to scribble an illiterate letter trying to get the maximum possible jail sentence for a Latics fan who pleaded guilty to the mistake he made. What a horrible piece of work he is.

I assume you're speaking of the same latics fan who stole from his fellow fans?

I assume you're speaking of the same latics fan who stole from his fellow fans?

That's the one. He did wrong and he deserved to go down, there was no need to twist the knife. To do that yet go out of your way to assist someone with no remorse at all is all upside down to me.

If he signs and Barry okays it, Barry's got to go. Enough is enough.

Even if he doesn't sign, if he's been instrumental he can't continue in his current capacity. It's a farce. If the club want him to stay on as a Director then good luck with that. But the bloke has actively pursued a signing the majority of fans don't want to the point many will not watch the team, and in spite of the fact he recently did a piece to the press where he emphasised the importance of gauging the fans' opinions.

If it wasn't so horribly depressing it would be laughable.

I have heard that he has been instrumental in this - just as he was with Lee Hughes - I don't know Mr Owen personally but know one or two that worked with him in the past - and let's just say they say less than complimentary things about him.

Has never, in my opinion, been a true representative of the fans - seems more out for his own ends?