Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a pretty decent first 11 or so.

And in some positions we have some depth to cover for injuries and suspensions (Brown, Chubs, Dieng) and with Poleon, Smith, Forte and Philliskirk - whilst not the most prolific, there is pace and competition and enough to mix it up a bit during or between games. But we are thread bare in other positions, and not a lot over cover overall

We could make do and see how this squad can get on and rely on loans if we get desperate. But I think that having players in the squad, fighing for places and learning how the team plays is better than an emergency loan in on the 11th hour if we are short. However I doubt we can afford that so it seems as though we will make do.

If we still have Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Wilson and Forte tomorrow - then we have done well to hold on to the spine of a decent team.

Bolton after Gary Taylor-Fletcher, hope on Wilkinson yet?

I have posted a few times on this. Wilkinson playerd (well) against Liverpool in the cup recently - if he is being picked and performing in a big game like that, I'd imagine he is firmly in their plans.

Mike Keegan: Oldham goalkeeper Paul Rachubka could be on his way from Boundary Park. The ex-Manchester United stopper, 33, is surplus to requirements after manager Lee Johnson brought in Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Jake Kean on loan for the rest of the season last week.

Oldham top scorer Jonathan Forte is interesting Rotherham United. The 28-year-old has hit the net 13 times in 20 games this season and Millers boss Steve Evans is set to swoop. Should that move materialise, Latics are expected to step up their efforts to bring Blackpool bad boy Nile Ranger, 23, across Lancashire.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2935307/Transfer-news-LIVE-Arsenal-Manchester-United-Chelsea-Liverpool-deadline-day-latest.html#ixzz3QaOm3p6J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not buying this about Forte. His knees are literally knackered, he's our top scorer, our only goal threat, and for the first time in half a decade, we have a possibility of play-offs. I think we have an option on him, so we could still get a fee in the summer for him. And any fee would be so small it wouldn't be worth doing.

Come on Simon, turn your phone off and let this die down.

According to Matt Chambers one player is set to leave on loan today but it is unlikely that there will be any incomings.

which is contradicted by Mike Keegan

For #oafc followers, could be a very, very busy day at Boundary Park. Led to believe more than one offer received & talks on with targets.

I'm not buying this about Forte. His knees are literally knackered, he's our top scorer, our only goal threat, and for the first time in half a decade, we have a possibility of play-offs. I think we have an option on him, so we could still get a fee in the summer for him. And any fee would be so small it wouldn't be worth doing.

Money talks.

With you this Forte rumours been knocking around for a bit suppose a player we got on a free, not fully fit is smart buisness but end of day majority of goals have come from him. Unless we get a decent replacement i rather we kept him.

Money talks.

I have to say, if his knees are as bad as people make out he has no chance of a move to the championship. A level I think he has played previously and done nothing....

Even Evans wouldnt be stupid enough to pay cash for him if his is unfit and we do have an option on him.

if he is leaving then a swap deal may be better?

Edited by palmer1

If Ranger is hungry he'll be a great signing. He might be a bellend but we've had plenty of players, managers and board members recently who have been.

He's been in bother several times in the past year alone, I would look elsewhere now the team spirit seems to be high.

If Ranger is hungry he'll be a great signing. He might be a bellend but we've had plenty of players, managers and board members recently who have been.

He cant be that hungry enough if he's willing to go AWOL from the club paying his wages with no explanation.

I'm not convinced of any of this. He's not hungry, he has no desire to be a footballer, he's had so many chances at decent clubs to prove it, and he's only showed that he can be a grade A pillock. His only decent goal return was at Swindon, so I'm yet to be convinced that he'd be great. And there's no way he'd be more effective than Forte.