Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything depends on if and how much is available in our financial fair play (or kick the small clubs) budget.

Jabo would be great but Colchester will be looking for a transfer or more of a contribution so I suspect he is out. Blackman until the end of the season but he will come with a play him requirement.

What we have now will keep us up if Kelly stays fit so unlike most people I think the priority is to find some backup for the intelligent holding midfield role. To push on up we do need a keeper and a striker as well.

Everything depends on if and how much is available in our financial fair play (or kick the small clubs) budget.

Jabo would be great but Colchester will be looking for a transfer or more of a contribution so I suspect he is out. Blackman until the end of the season but he will come with a play him requirement.

What we have now will keep us up if Kelly stays fit so unlike most people I think the priority is to find some backup for the intelligent holding midfield role. To push on up we do need a keeper and a striker as well.

100% agree.

I'd like to add another defender, depending who is avaialble, as the defence could poossibly be argued is close to picking itself.

Nottingham Forest at willing to loan out striker Dexter Blackstock with a return to hometown club Oxford looking likely. Blackstock is thought to favour Oxford over Doncaster and Oldham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Blackstock

Is he the one that turned down a loan move to Sheffield United because of their involvement with Ched Evans?

Any news on Jabo? I'd have him back, he had 3 really good games for us (Cov, Sheff U, Doncaster), and if he was suffering from an injury, that would account for a lot of the less impressive stuff between the Sheff and Donny games. I know he only scored twice for us, and he missed a few chances, but he got in the right places, was an effective target man, bringing others into play etc. If he's 100% fit and with a bit more confidence after his goal on Sat, he could be really useful.

So he played well in a quarter of his games? Na, they can keep him

With the reports of Simon Corney quitting it wouldn't be surprise me if there were no ins and outs in this transfer window.

In spite of what Chron readers have been told, Corney isn’t quitting. He has simply reiterated that the Club is for sale only to the right person who has the best interests of the Club at heart.

Corney’s Statement:

My commitment to the Club, its fans, staff and sponsors is total...

We have a Club to run and goals to achieve and the Board, staff and I are determined to see this great Club prosper.

No reason to think the transfer window will produce anything different from before the media storm blew in.

In spite of what Chron readers have been told, Corney isnt quitting. He has simply reiterated that the Club is for sale only to the right person who has the best interests of the Club at heart.

Corneys Statement:

My commitment to the Club, its fans, staff and sponsors is total...

We have a Club to run and goals to achieve and the Board, staff and I are determined to see this great Club prosper.

No reason to think the transfer window will produce anything different from before the media storm blew in.

He obviously just said he's completely fed up and wants out to the Chron so any potential buyers are well aware we're for sale. He knew it would be picked up nationally after last week so it was good publicity from him.

He's clearly more fed up than ever though, even if he still won't walk away without a buyer.