Liam Kelly

These things go in cycles. For most of my lifetime I doubt many people would have considered Barnsley a bigger club than us.

Correct not that many moons ago we would take more fans than they had in there own ends, sadly even clubs like Barnsley are now leaving us behind.

Edited by Chaddy_Ender

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a horrible feeling that we are one defeat away from losing Kelly ,

can see a loan until season end to Barnsley with a view to a permanent transfer.

If it was me i would be looking for £500k for the loan with a further £1.5 Mill transfer .

No doubt it will be more like £25k and undisclosed !!!!

can see a loan until season end to Barnsley with a view to a permanent transfer.

If it was me i would be looking for £500k for the loan with a further £1.5 Mill transfer .

Dont think even this board would dare sell any of this squad especially to Barnsley, Kelly is club captain, probably on a fair wage and is contracted to the club for another 2 1/2 years, if they give him away we may as all give up.

He is now a rival, not his mate. Business end of the season and we pay his wages. Lets hope all LJs mates dont miss him so much they :censored: off.

So you cant have mates unless they play for the same team and we want 1.5 million for a defensive midfielder who was getting dogs abuse because people thought was crap 20 games ago....

Honestly, you couldn't make this :censored: up!

Why and how would Kelly go to Barnsley now? There is zero chance he would leave on loan.

If you're comparing it to Furman, the only reason he left was because the manager didn't want him and he couldn't get a game behind Smith - essentially we let him go. We control Kelly and there's no chance we'd let him depart now. In the summer maybe for a fee but now there is absolutely no chance.

Correct not that many moons ago we would take more fans than they had in there own ends, sadly even clubs like Barnsley are now leaving us behind.

Yes. I remember standing on the open terrace absolutely packed with Latics fans, and there car park was an absolute mud heap. Where did they get the money to redevelop the stadium?

Why and how would Kelly go to Barnsley now? There is zero chance he would leave on loan.

If you're comparing it to Furman, the only reason he left was because the manager didn't want him and he couldn't get a game behind Smith - essentially we let him go. We control Kelly and there's no chance we'd let him depart now. In the summer maybe for a fee but now there is absolutely no chance.

Is this a joke?

So you cant have mates unless they play for the same team and we want 1.5 million for a defensive midfielder who was getting dogs abuse because people thought was crap 20 games ago....

Honestly, you couldn't make this :censored: up!

when mr kelly is at work that little prick is a rival. He can give him a handjob a day after training but when our skipper is being interviewed i expect him to be latics focused. Barnsley are just bigger, not bigger at all in some eyes, if he'd gone to a top champ side fine. He's gone somewhere below us, a rival for a play off place, and our skippers pleased for him!

LJ said he would only listen to offer's of 5 million for Kelly.l Time to put your money where your mouth is LJ. Or was that LJ mouth spin? again!!

I have no doubts he will go to Barnsley in the summer for the usual undisclosed fee of £350,000.

when mr kelly is at work that little prick is a rival. He can give him a handjob a day after training but when our skipper is being interviewed i expect him to be latics focused. Barnsley are just bigger, not bigger at all in some eyes, if he'd gone to a top champ side fine. He's gone somewhere below us, a rival for a play off place, and our skippers pleased for him!

There's been some nonsense posted over the past few days but this is up there with the worst of it.

There's been some nonsense posted over the past few days but this is up there with the worst of it.

I don't see what's wrong with it?

Is it too much to expect the players we pay to be focused on Latics? Wish the manager well behind the scenes all you want, but not in a press conference ahead of a huge game on Saturday. It would have been nice if he just said Johnson has gone, the team are focused on Preston.

Our skipper is telling the latics website that he is pleased a rival side for a play off place has taken our manager mid play off 'push'.

That's not quite how he put it. I took it as the usual wishy washy media bollox that they all spout.

He could hardly say that he couldn't believe the little snake-in-the-grass :censored:ing weasel had deserted us could he?

The only, I say the only conclusion to be drawn from the comments by Kelly are that he is asking LJ to sign him. It's likely that LJ has already identified Kelly as one of his targets.

Kelly is however our team captain and should not disparage Latics or wish the rat good luck. A neutral comment would have been OK.

The only, I say the only conclusion to be drawn from the comments by Kelly are that he is asking LJ to sign him. It's likely that LJ has already identified Kelly as one of his targets.

Kelly is however our team captain and should not disparage Latics or wish the rat good luck. A neutral comment would have been OK.

Extraordinary assumption you've concluded there.

You sound like Fred Elliot.