Corney To Sell?

The Chron have tweeted that Corney is ready to sell up and walk away. No story so not actually sure what this means in relation to the past 'for sale'.

Readers of the Chron were told Corney quit last week.

In reply to a question from BB80 in November 2013, Corney said on BBC Radio Manc:

Whoever comes along, if they want to buy the land, of course it’s for sale and, no offence to Oldham but it’s a piece of land in Oldham is not where myself and my partners are based, of course we’d give it up, but, at the same time, we’re in for a lot of money and we’d like to get a fair price for it. We’ll never recoup the money we’ve put into it.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue will be finding anyone (fit and proper) to come in and take on a loss making L1 club with a reputation destroyed after last weeks debacle.

Are we still "loss" making and if so who or what is plugging the short fall...

In all these years I still don't really know... I have been told in the past the only money we owe is to Blitz... So I am guessing we are not borrowing money from banks etc, Blitz stepped back years ago and stopped putting in money... So surely we are being run to the money we come in ??

Anyone know ?

In all these years I still don't really know... I have been told in the past the only money we owe is to Blitz... So I am guessing we are not borrowing money from banks etc, Blitz stepped back years ago and stopped putting in money... So surely we are being run to the money we come in ??

Anyone know ?

Who is paying for the stand?

Anyone know ?

The Accounts for the Year to 30th June 2014 will be due at Companies House by 31st March 2015 but will probably be delivered late, as they were last year!

Those Accounts will show, I believe, a substantial loss so we are not running at break-even

So not one scrap of any credit? harsh.

Are we in a better position now... 12 years later....

Or is the land gone, in the same league, we owe more than we did under Moores (£6 million?), and we have a half built stand ?

I don't know mate... What credit do you speak of ?

Edited by oafc0000

The Accounts for the Year to 30th June 2014 will be due at Companies House by 31st March 2015 but will probably be delivered late, as they were last year!

Those Accounts will show, I believe, a substantial loss so we are not running at break-even

So are we operating an overdraft, taking bank loans ?

I don't know mate... I would ask Barry but....

Anyone know ?

I don't know what the current position is. Corney has said previously:

“The Club doesn’t have a burden of debt, it’s all personal and that’s a pretty good safeguard to have."

I don't know what the current position is. Corney has said previously:

“The Club doesn’t have a burden of debt, it’s all personal and that’s a pretty good safeguard to have."

And that is what I was referring too above...

Cheers Diego...

We have also been told Blitz walked away a while back. So we are either being run to the money coming in or we have a mystery backer....

Edited by oafc0000

We will take the pain, ride the storm and come out of it better....

No we wont As long as people like you keep papping on about every single issue at the club, yet never set foot near the place, we will struggle. The town does not back It's own team, and has not done for a long time.

And that is what I was referring too above...

Cheers Diego...

We have also been told Blitz walked away a while back. So we are either being run to the money coming in or we have a mystery backer....

'The Company had at 30 June 2013 net liabilities of £5,132,341 and the shareholders have indicated their present intention to provide adequate finance to enable the Company to continue in operational existence'

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Are we in a better position now... 12 years later....

Or is the land gone, in the same league, we owe more than we did under Moores (£6 million?), and we have a half built stand ?

I don't know mate... What credit do you speak of ?

Of course it's not a garden with rows of roses in it....am the first to say so.

But come on...no credit at all? You have a downer on every single issue at the club.

'The Company had at 30 June 2013 net liabilities of £5,132,341 and the shareholders have indicated their present intention to provide adequate finance to enable the Company to continue in operational existence'

Interesting...

Does that mean they are just saying we are basically solvent ... or is it saying money is still being pumped in from outside people ?

I would love to know... Its why we bought 3% and a place on the board so we would know... 12 years on, we don't know really know do we....

Interesting...

Does that mean they are just saying we are basically solvent ... or is it saying money is still being pumped in from outside people ?

I would love to know... Its why we bought 3% and a place on the board so we would know... 12 years on, we don't know really know do we....

The terminology used in the Accounts means that Shareholders have covered the losses and give the impression that they 'intend' to continue doing so!

I do not really know what the Trust have found out about current losses but I bet that losses are still occuring