Corney To Sell?

No we wont As long as people like you keep papping on about every single issue at the club, yet never set foot near the place, we will struggle. The town does not back It's own team, and has not done for a long time.

For someone who chooses to spend all your free time with your young family instead of attending matches, you don't half spend a lot of time being negative on here.

Edit - Meant to quote 0000 here. In agreement with 100 miles.

Edited by Twisbrogan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The terminology used in the Accounts means that Shareholders have covered the losses and give the impression that they 'intend' to continue doing so!

I do not really know what the Trust have found out about current losses but I bet that losses are still occuring

Well we will soon find out...

For someone who chooses to spend all your free time with your young family instead of attending matches, you don't half spend a lot of time being negative on here.

Think you quoted the wrong person...

I have a job that pays me to do nothing at the moment... I am on a "exit" strategy... Long story lol

Secondly... You call it negative... I disagree... Speaking up for things you think are wrong is positive.... I am but one very ignorable voice though....

To hazard a guess, rather than being generally disgruntled I think a big factor in last week's final decision was the interference of the council and hints from there that any funding from them would be in doubt if we were to sign Evans. I reckon this was where the talk of the very existence of the club being in doubt if we had have proceeded.

After the mess of the land of Failsworth, I think further council input has pushed him to breaking point more than anything else.

The Accounts for the Year to 30th June 2014 will be due at Companies House by 31st March 2015 but will probably be delivered late, as they were last year!

Those Accounts will show, I believe, a substantial loss so we are not running at break-even

Televised FA Cup tie at Liverpool; sales of Jose Baxter and James Tarkowski. We shouldn't be running at a loss for 2013/14 after that.

He said in a recent article he has not got anything like that amount....

He may have a few wealthy pals who were interested in getting involved.

totally hypothetical scenario of course but, where would that leave you?

simple, You get rid of Corney but still have Ched ! happy days eh !

He may have a few wealthy pals who were interested in getting involved.

totally hypothetical scenario of course but, where would that leave you?

simple, You get rid of Corney but still have Ched ! happy days eh !

Not really...

Massey won't take over anyway... Never going to happen...

Simon Corney in the Daily Express 15th February 2013;

"If anyone wants to buy Oldham, and sign up for everything that goes with it, they can. But they would have to be the right person with good intentions".

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/377777/Oldham-chairman-Simon-Corney-It-makes-you-mad-I-love-it

Edited by BP1960

Interesting...

Does that mean they are just saying we are basically solvent ... or is it saying money is still being pumped in from outside people ?

I would love to know... Its why we bought 3% and a place on the board so we would know... 12 years on, we don't know really know do we....

Yes, no debt that has to be repaid. The debt was run up prior to Blitz leaving and he never called it in - Though this could change.

My colleague who is a very experienced accountant and former big 4 auditor thought the last balance sheet looked 'pretty decent' relatively speaking, though it was only limted information of course.

Where could he get a valuation of £2.5M from? The club is worth Zero and they will have to just write off the accumulated Losses of some £6M

he said he was prepared to write off the rest, he would make some back on the land, he said he had spent around £6m on all the land get £5m back and keep a lot of land for continued development project limiting his losses further

Yes, no debt that has to be repaid. The debt was run up prior to Blitz leaving and he never called it in - Though this could change.

My colleague who is a very experienced accountant and former big 4 auditor thought the last balance sheet looked 'pretty decent' relatively speaking, though it was only limted information of course.

I have no reason to think Blitz stance would change. He seemed like quite an honest bloke. And lets be frank... He is never going to get his money back... The only outcome would be to destroy the club... I just don't see him doing that.

I heard over the weekend from a couple of people who work at the club that Corney had told them he'd had enough and was selling up. I also heard, all be it in a pub that Corney had approached the CEO at Shrewsbury who is apparently an Oldham supporter to come in as MD and to assist in the selling of the club. I am only passing on what I heard so don't shoot me!! :boxer: