Fleetwood 0-2 Oldham

On train back to york and what a good day out this has been

Journey thru sleet and snow, sunshine in

Fleetwood at first, excellent sports bar at the ground. Sterling performance esp in second half . Some excellent individuals today not least Kelly Poleon and Rachubka but many others really had good games

Credit to Brown - on his wrong flank but worked hard and supported midfield and attack

Oh yes, great Latics fans

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great win for sure and as always the support sounded terrific and deserves success.

So pleased for Chubs who sounded inspired and Kelly as always but also great to see praise for Poleon and good to have Conor back in too.

I have not felt so good since the Rochdale win but pray we don't have the same follow on as we had after that. At least we held a lead today - anyway I cant wait to make 1st trip to Gillingham next week and hope to meet up with the great OASIS bunch and many other of the great Latics following.

OWTB

A great win for sure and as always the support sounded terrific and deserves success.

So pleased for Chubs who sounded inspired and Kelly as always but also great to see praise for Poleon and good to have Conor back in too.

I have not felt so good since the Rochdale win but pray we don't have the same follow on as we had after that. At least we held a lead today - anyway I cant wait to make 1st trip to Gillingham next week and hope to meet up with the great OASIS bunch and many other of the great Latics following.

OWTB

He said in his Chronicle column this week he felt he personally had a point to prove and he was much better today.

Just got home in one piece, just! How bad was the motor way near Bolton? And to cap it off, almost ruined my car getting back onto my street!

What a great result, industrious to the end. Poleon looked like he wanted to take his chance with both hands, full of running, just needs a goal now.

Morgan Smith looked OK too. MOM for me was Winchester. Good in the tackle, excellent work rate and a super strike.

Special mention to the Fleetwood fans, stewards and police, all very reasonable people. Can't wait to go back next year. (Hopefully when it's not snowing!)

Oh and to fully make the day, being served dinner by Sid Little... Legend!!

Edited by Chris Richard

Sat down with a beer, fortunately home in one piece. Coming through Grotton and Mossley a nightmare. Absolutely worth it though, cracking day.Solid first half and ripped them to bits at the start of the second half. Brilliant clearance off the line first half from George but apart from that they offered little. Listened to alexander on the way home and he must have been at a different game. Apparently they missed loads of chances and we got two soft goals.

Winchester came out like he meant it and was superb, MOM for me. kelly, george and jones super. First goal came after a corner with George and J Wilson playing one twos on the left wing, only Latics! Poleon and AMS worked their socks off but didnt look like scoring i'm afraid. Although poleon did make the free kick for the second.

Just got home in one piece, just! How bad was the motor way near Bolton? And to cap it off, almost ruined my car getting back onto my street!

What a great result, industrious to the end. Poleon looked like he wanted to take his chance with both hands, full of running, just needs a goal now.

Morgan Smith looked OK too. MOM for me was Winchester. Good in the tackle, excellent work rate and a super strike.

Special mention to the Fleetwood fans, stewards and police, all very reasonable people. Can't wait to go back next year. (Hopefully when it's not snowing!)

Oh and to fully make the day, being served dinner by Sid Little... Legend!!

I'm intrigued, where were you to get dinner served by Sid Little?

I commented at half time that it looked like a real January mid-table battle. We had a lot of the ball, they had the real chance when George cleared off the line twice as we approached the break. Kelly was the standout for us with so much starting from him snuffing out Fleetwood's play. Jones wasted some decent set pieces by hoofing free kicks out of play.

Second half we started brightly, Philliskirk having a decent effort beaten away and a couple of other interchanges down the middle getting us close to shooting opportunities that never came.

The goal came not soon after. I think it was a corner that they failed to clear, Winchester picked it up on the left hand side, shifted it onto his right foot and smacked it into the top right corner. It was a gem and the reaction of the Latics fans behind the goal was a joy to behold. The small terrace became a moving mass of humanity in ecstasy.

The second came from a free kick where Poleon (IIRC) ran straight at them, scared them and got his shirt pulled. The defender let go about a yard outside of the box but the referee made us take the free kick further back. Jones got his angles right and put Latics two up and, to be fair, we deserved it and looked comfortable.

While we didn't sit back as much as we have done at other times this season, Fleetwood did create some chances down our right and on a couple of occasions should have scored. They were also denied at least twice by Rachubka showing us the strengths in his game with excellent reflex saves.

As the clock ticked down the manager brought on two subs, one forced, one optional. Latics got the ball towards the corner flag and saw the game out well - in itself an achievement after recent events.

It wasn't vintage. But it was deserved and it's the sort of away win that the good sides get. Beat Rochdale on Tuesday and the league table could look very interesting.

Rachubka 9

B Wilson 7

Brown 8

Elokobi 9

J Wilson 8

Kelly 75,999

Winchester 9

Jones 8

Philliskirk 7 (deducted a point for a pathetic first half dive)

AMS 6

Poleon 7

I didn't go today, so chaos based on last weeks home and today's away....are we getting back to where we were pre Dec?

Is a top 10 finish possible, if not playoffs?

Dare I dream?

The team ethic was there today, If we finish top 10 I will be chuffed, and it does look possible.

Dream away, sometimes they are all we have.

Oh and your parka would have served you well today it was a little bit chilly.

I commented at half time that it looked like a real January mid-table battle. We had a lot of the ball, they had the real chance when George cleared off the line twice as we approached the break. Kelly was the standout for us with so much starting from him snuffing out Fleetwood's play. Jones wasted some decent set pieces by hoofing free kicks out of play.

Second half we started brightly, Philliskirk having a decent effort beaten away and a couple of other interchanges down the middle getting us close to shooting opportunities that never came.

The goal came not soon after. I think it was a corner that they failed to clear, Winchester picked it up on the left hand side, shifted it onto his right foot and smacked it into the top right corner. It was a gem and the reaction of the Latics fans behind the goal was a joy to behold. The small terrace became a moving mass of humanity in ecstasy.

The second came from a free kick where Poleon (IIRC) ran straight at them, scared them and got his shirt pulled. The defender let go about a yard outside of the box but the referee made us take the free kick further back. Jones got his angles right and put Latics two up and, to be fair, we deserved it and looked comfortable.

While we didn't sit back as much as we have done at other times this season, Fleetwood did create some chances down our right and on a couple of occasions should have scored. They were also denied at least twice by Rachubka showing us the strengths in his game with excellent reflex saves.

As the clock ticked down the manager brought on two subs, one forced, one optional. Latics got the ball towards the corner flag and saw the game out well - in itself an achievement after recent events.

It wasn't vintage. But it was deserved and it's the sort of away win that the good sides get. Beat Rochdale on Tuesday and the league table could look very interesting.

Rachubka 9

B Wilson 7

Brown 8

Elokobi 9

J Wilson 8

Kelly 75,999

Winchester 9

Jones 8

Philliskirk 7 (deducted a point for a pathetic first half dive)

AMS 6

Poleon 7

Shall we deduct Jones one for his second half one?

The Strawberry Gardens pub about 5 mins walk from the ground. Really friendly with loads of real ale. Apparently he owns and runs it!

Next time we play them I will make a point of visiting,

Just one more thing about today, how good is it to stand on a packed terrace and support your team, all seater stadium my arse.

Next time we play them I will make a point of visiting,

Just one more thing about today, how good is it to stand on a packed terrace and support your team, all seater stadium my arse.

You must. They do food too which was really good. Jumbo fish and chips!

I agree with your point about standing, although we were seated for this one due to one of our party being on crutches and two OAPs. I thought we all made plenty of noise!

You must. They do food too which was really good. Jumbo fish and chips!

I agree with your point about standing, although we were seated for this one due to one of our party being on crutches and two OAPs. I thought we all made plenty of noise!

Have to agree, the seated area crowd really gave it some, also a balcony connected to a box above you had a load of latics fans on it, they looked like they were enjoying themselves, must have been the drink.

Have to agree, the seated area crowd really gave it some, also a balcony connected to a box above you had a load of latics fans on it, they looked like they were enjoying themselves, must have been the drink.

The ones in the box were brilliant, started off loads of chants, and very drunk!! The bloke sat in front of me in the green parka was brilliant too!

Tuesday night fixtures (weather permitting):

Latics v Dale

Notts v Donny

Preston v Yeovil

If we win and Notts County don't we're in the top six. Win 8-0 and we could go 5th.

0-1 nailed on!

If Donny win by 3 and we win by 1 they are 6th, and we're 7th. However, if we win by 3 and County win by 1 we are 6th and they are 7th.