Jabo Is Free

just watched LJ interview post fleetwood and he said he had just heard that Jabo has had his contract at Colchester cancelled .

with this in mind Lj is interested and we could do a lot worse than get him in as a freebie to end of season then review situation.

cant see a down side to that . he knows club , manager , systems and players . sign him up

Read something on colchesters website that suggested that they were expecting us to take over his contract but we're disappointed that we didn't .

Either we can't afford him or perhaps LJ believes he can get someone better in ?

or we don't think he's worth whatever he was on

Getting a bit sad when we cant afford Jabo Ibehre yet Fleetwood are paying Dobbie 6k a week, we cant compete with Fleetwood now can we sink any lower wage wise and compete in League 1 ?

Hopefully there is a difference between cannot afford and don't think he's worth it.

Getting a bit sad when we cant afford Jabo Ibehre yet Fleetwood are paying Dobbie 6k a week, we cant compete with Fleetwood now can we sink any lower wage wise and compete in League 1 ?

I think your clutching at straws abit there!! Jabo has played for most his career down south. He is 31 so the next move he makes is likely to be his last. Is he really going to ship his family up North for one last move? No. Unless we were to pay him stupid money. If he has rejected us money won't be the reason.

The way that I understand it is that Dobbie is on £6K per week at Palace but a lot less at Fleetwood.

Believe it or not Dobbie is on £18k a week at Palace, Fleetwood are picking up a third of his wages for the rest of the season, I suppose my point is how can a team who were playing Mosseley when the 3 amigos took over here have more financial clout than a club like ours ?

Believe it or not Dobbie is on £18k a week at Palace, Fleetwood are picking up a third of his wages for the rest of the season, I suppose my point is how can a team who were playing Mosseley when the 3 amigos took over here have more financial clout than a club like ours ?

Simpler answer...

A rich Fleetwood based owner putting his money into the club.

We're not competing with Fleetwood on wages - we're competing with one of their fans who is a millionaire and living the dream.

We're not competing with Fleetwood on wages - we're competing with one of their fans who is a millionaire and living the dream.

In 10 years the money he has put in is reputed to be the same amount we are in debt to our current owners, it does help that they have a fan with there best interests at heart, what I like about him is his ambition, all you hear is how they want to move to the next level and push on to the Championship whilst we are told we are lucky to be where we are on the budget we have, yesterday reaffirmed one thing for me, despite what some say OAFC have some of the most loyal long suffering fans out there.

I wonder how much ambition the fleetwood owner would have if he had to cover our debt every month. Which we wouldnt have if we had been promoted from the lower leagues like them.

Same league at the moment but not sure its a fair comparison at all.

Edited by palmer1

I wonder how much ambition the fleetwood owner would have if he had to cover our debt every month. Which we wouldnt have if we had been promoted from the lower leagues like them.

Same league at the moment but not sure its a fair comparison at all.

As far as I'm aware when he took over they were in the North West Counties League, Im pretty sure it was about the same time TTA took over here, you cant compare what he has acheived because he has improved the whole infrastructure of a club and at the same time acheived success on the pitch, in comparison we he regressed both on and off the pitch I think its a very fair comparison and shows what can be done with ambition and drive.

As far as I'm aware when he took over they were in the North West Counties League, Im pretty sure it was about the same time TTA took over here, you cant compare what he has acheived because he has improved the whole infrastructure of a club and at the same time acheived success on the pitch, in comparison we he regressed both on and off the pitch I think its a very fair comparison and shows what can be done with ambition and drive.

He'll have spent a relative shoestring on the playing side to get them through non-league though, leaving him more to spend on (money making) ground developments. We've been saying recently if you were a glory seeking millionaire you should start at the bottom, you can see your time win every week and win promotions for fraction of the cost to be stuck in the middle of the leagues with the fans grumbling at you.

He took over a north west countires side without any debt and for a millionaire very little expenditure. Much easier to build..

TTA took over a club with a debt that was building and with a far higher expenditure to boot.

How can you make a fair comparison? If TTA took over Latics in the North West Counties league. We may well be on the up.

Apples and Oranges IMO

He'll have spent a relative shoestring on the playing side to get them through non-league though, leaving him more to spend on (money making) ground developments. We've been saying recently if you were a glory seeking millionaire you should start at the bottom, you can see your time win every week and win promotions for fraction of the cost to be stuck in the middle of the leagues with the fans grumbling at you.

Brilliantly put.