Jabo Is Free

In 10 years the money he has put in is reputed to be the same amount we are in debt to our current owners, it does help that they have a fan with there best interests at heart, what I like about him is his ambition, all you hear is how they want to move to the next level and push on to the Championship whilst we are told we are lucky to be where we are on the budget we have, yesterday reaffirmed one thing for me, despite what some say OAFC have some of the most loyal long suffering fans out there.

'Long suffering'? I am quite sure you have not thought that one through, unless you are very young. By my reckoning we have only been relegated twice in the last 40yrs or so, one of those from the Premier League.

These cubs have been our peers at lower league level on a regular basis: Barnet, Bristol Rovers, Grimsby, Halifax, Lincoln, Gateshead, Torquay, Wrexham, Chester, Aldershot, Southport, Stockport, and Darlington.

Again by my reckoning, around 17 clubs have gone into administration in the last 10yrs. Most of them struggle to recover.

I wonder what size of investment you are looking for to fund the success of your hobby.

Professional Football is a extremely unique business - you can invest massive amounts of money with no reliable way to recoup your cash or gain success. You don't have to look too far to see the evidence of that.

6 promotions in 10 years and climbing from non league obscurity to league 1 is brilliant however 3000 home fans suggests to me that there's not much scope for it to continue.

Colne Dynamos and Rushden and Diamonds Spring to mind!

We're not competing with Fleetwood on wages - we're competing with one of their fans who is a millionaire and living the dream.

Simpler answer...

A rich Fleetwood based owner putting his money into the club.

Doesn't the Financial Fair Play rules limit what impact he can have though?

yeah it will do but thay have no debt.

any extra money can be spent how they want and its all his if he wants build new stands he can choose to, our owners have a debt to cover first and foremost before anything else.

Some see that as more ambitious, from our point of view i see it as sensible.

If we can have a millionaire owner who will cover the debt out of their own pocket then that may change things but its also a pipe dream

Edited by palmer1

yeah it will do but thay have no debt.

any extra money can be spent how they want and its all his if he wants build new stands he can choose to, our owners have a debt to cover first and foremost before anything else.

Some see that as more ambitious, from our point of view i see it as sensible.

If we can have a millionaire owner who will cover the debt out of their own pocket then that may change things but its also a pipe dream

Isn't our debt just owed to the other Amigos? And we dont pay anything on it? Therefore we are a level playing field, and we get higher average crowds, at more expensive ticket cost?

Doesn't the Financial Fair Play rules limit what impact he can have though?

'Limit', yes. But their new main stand includes four executive boxes, dining facilities, a supporters bar, a first floor cafeteria, an IT suite, ground floor community room and a club shop. Cheapest adult ticket is £20 opposed to £19 at BP, senior £15 opposed to £12, under16 £12 opposed to £5, only the under 5's get a good deal - they're free. With our much larger, ageing ground they are in a far better financial position than us to invest in the team. Corney is trying to improve income and he is the only one in the frame trying.

Corney's desperate attempt to solve our striker problem was shot down in flames and I can understand him licking his wounds right now. But the teams performance at Fleetwood was very encouraging, a real sign that the team spirit has returned. Perhaps it's not too late to attract some decent home gates in the next 3 months.

6 promotions in 10 years and climbing from non league obscurity to league 1 is brilliant however 3000 home fans suggests to me that there's not much scope for it to continue.

Over the last few years plenty of clubs have come from non-league up to league 1 but have not been able to sustain it:

Rushden

Cheltenham

Dagenham

Stevenage

and this season Crawley look like following suit

while Macc and Accrington came up but soon fell back

Edited by Dave_Og

Over the last few years plenty of clubs have come from non-league up to league 1 but have not been able to sustain it:

Rushden

Cheltenham

Dagenham

Stevenage

while Macc and Accrington came up but soon fell back[/quote

Correction Accrington have never played in league one since reforming.

Only Doncaster and Yeovil who have played in the Conference while we have been stuck in league one have progressed further.

Add Crawley to your original list Dagenham proberly did it in the smallest budget.

Edited by Forte_Baby

Rushden

Cheltenham

Dagenham

Stevenage

while Macc and Accrington came up but soon fell back

Also add Carlisle to that list , and possibly one of Luton , Burton or Newport look like making it this season

Also add Carlisle to that list , and possibly one of Luton , Burton or Newport look like making it this season

Though Carlisle and Luton were established league clubs so the comparison with Fleetwood isn't wholly fair

Newport although they had to reform after liquidation also had a background of league existence and a local community that was used to it

It's £20 at BP.

Its £10 at BP.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

Stand corrected.

I took the £19 from the ticket that always appears on away match ticket news. It's dated August 2014.

I forgot that the £5 ticket at Latics only applies with an adult ticket.

Sloppy research by me and misleading presentation by website.

Stand corrected.

I took the £19 from the ticket that always appears on away match ticket news. It's dated August 2014.

I forgot that the £5 ticket at Latics only applies with an adult ticket.

Sloppy research by me and misleading presentation by website.

I'll forgive you.

:grin: