Club Board Joyful

No, the ex-copper being on the board is only good for a limited number of people.

The ex-copper and his relatives/friends (who might use his free ticket or be invited to enjoy the hospitality)

Any current or former players who have criminal records and their hangers-on, especially their agents.

We had another lifelong fan on the board, he quit rather than be associated with the hiring of the rapist. He did so because he was concerned with both his reputation and that of the club, rather than a personal belief in the rehabilitation of offenders when it suits him.

This entire fiasco has finally officially confirmed what many have be confident of: The copper looked after the copper, not the organisation he was supposed to be Chair of and the club.

Do you know that for a fact? I thought he quit due to threats? He may well have agreed to Evans coming before it got too big an issue?

If he knew we were talking to Evans, why wait and quit after a week or more of negotiations.

Im not disputing anything about Owen just lets not paint others who quit as being better for want of a better word as we dont know for certain why he left. Although if the Evans fiasco hadnt occured he may still be at the club.

Edited by palmer1

Do you know that for a fact? I thought he quit due to threats? He may well have agreed to Evans coming before it got too big an issue?

If he knew we were talking to Evans, why wait and quit after a week or more of negotiations.

Im not disputing anything about Owen just lets not paint others who quit as being better for want of a better word as we dont know for certain why he left. Although if the Evans fiasco hadnt occured he may still be at the club.

Says in the rarely wrong that he stepped down 'due to serious misgivings over the chase for striker Ched Evans'

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89909/lifelong-fan-taylor-calls-time

Says in the rarely wrong that he stepped down 'due to serious misgivings over the chase for striker Ched Evans'

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89909/lifelong-fan-taylor-calls-time

I hadnt seen that, however they reported Corney had quit as well.

If he had serious mis giving like it says why wait until the deal was on the verge of collapse. the board at the time must have discussed it before talks were entred into. If a board member new or old was willing to quit over the though of bringing Ched here i dont even think Corney would have followed through with it. He could have gauged the fans reaction from that one life long fan on his own.

Nsomeone please corrct me if im wrong but news of him quiting came to light after the report of threats to staff and familly members

I hadnt seen that, however they reported Corney had quit as well.

If he had serious mis giving like it says why wait until the deal was on the verge of collapse. the board at the time must have discussed it before talks were entred into. If a board member new or old was willing to quit over the though of bringing Ched here i dont even think Corney would have followed through with it. He could have gauged the fans reaction from that one life long fan on his own.

Nsomeone please corrct me if im wrong but news of him quiting came to light after the report of threats to staff and familly members

But they didn't care about the fans' reaction. If they did, that would have been a fact in pulling out of the deal. It wasn't.

But they didn't care about the fans' reaction. If they did, that would have been a fact in pulling out of the deal. It wasn't.

Not all fans Stevie, Im not trying to det into the Evans debate again really, Im sick of it.

Im just trying to point out that if the life long fan quit because of the attempted signing, why wait until after the deal fell through.

Not all fans Stevie, Im not trying to det into the Evans debate again really, Im sick of it.

Im just trying to point out that if the life long fan quit because of the attempted signing, why wait until after the deal fell through.

As I understand it from the time, he did quit in advance of the deal falling through.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Maybe he didn't wait, maybe he quit in the middle of it all and it was announced afterwards. We don't know. The club did announce that all of the board were for the signing which says to me that he must have quit a lot earlier though.

On the Thursday is what I heard after the threats? the deal went Friday?

thats my point i Jorvik, he was on a board that was up for the signing.

tbf it doesnt matter like you say hes gone, it just we cant say he quit for the good of the club when we dont know when he actually quit, the time frame changes things on his stance

Edited by palmer1

On the Thursday is what I heard after the threats? the deal went Friday?

thats my point i Jorvik, he was on a board that was up for the signing.

tbf it doesnt matter like you say hes gone, it just we cant say he quit for the good of the club when we dont know when he actually quit, the time frame changes things on his stance

I've def heard different. That he was against it, resigned and the rest of the board voted unaminously for it.

Edit:

'While there has been no confirmation and no statement from Mr Taylor (30), a lifelong Athletic fan who became a director last July, we believe he was against the bid to sign Evans and resigned midweek when the deal was under consideration.'

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89796/owen-explains-stance-as-taylor-exits-from-board

Edited by jimsleftfoot