The First Game You Took Yopu Kid(S) To.

eldest girl liverpool 1992 3-2 at home during the great escape

son bradford at home 1993

middle and youngest daughters newcastle at home pre season friendlys must of done something right as they still suppoet the club despite living all the way down in eccles

Ha i remember taking my 4 yr old Simon to Chelsea v Latics Stamford Bridge Feb 1989 2- 2 . Ritchie put us ahead in 3rd minute then Graham Roberts scored 2 for the London Blues before ooh Roger palmer equalised in 86th minute. I had to recheck the facts but still remember the event. I am fairly sure that was the 1st but we made another trip to Millwall around the same time

Matthew aged 7, standing on the barrier Ford Stand paddock, on 24th February 1990 beat Ipswich 4-1. Our first live football game Latics giving away free tickets at St Chad's School in Uppermill (well free for him!), bought season tickets next week for both of us and we are still season ticket holders now waiting to move 'back' to the new stand where I hope to buy a ticket for 11 month old Emily his daughter. I'm not suggesting the 'new' stand will be old before it is opened!

Crikey could we be playing Rochdale on our 25th anniversary?

Edited by Hands on

We took ours to Coventry at home at the end of last season (Easter Monday) for a 0-0 draw which of course he slept through the entire match for. He was 8 months old. I'm not taking him again until he's around 5-6 at least. I also don't want to be too pushy with him insisting he goes every match. I tried that with my nephew and he hates football now.

A one nil win in the FA cup against Crewe was my daughter's first game. She's never forgiven me. as she goes to school in Hertford with a bunch of glory hunting Spur's and Arsenal fans, at least she now has Saturday's to look forward spending time with her long suffering dad.

Took my son, aged 7, to see Latics v QPR (managed by Tommy Docherty) on 16 August 1980, sat in the front row of the Main Stand at Boundary Park. Ryszard Kowenicki scored a screamer, the only goal of the game. He remembers it as if it was last Saturday, when he was at Fleetwood.

That was my first game too Diego!! My memories of that game are clearer than more recent OASIS trips but there is good reason for that....

Took my daughter to MK away two years ago when we lost 2-0 and followed it up for my son's debut in Dec last year and we know the rest....

Pre-season friendly vs Hudds a couple of years back. He threw a plastic tiger from the MSU to the MSP and it hit a poor bloke underneath on the head. Fair play to him though, he chucked it back up. We moved away from the front row after that.

He's now 5 and into double figures, including Carlisle away. Next appearance will be at Glandford Park.

Edited by oafcmetty

First game took my lad to was Blackpool at home (2000) Which sent them down to the bottom division.He was 3 at the time,we went straight to the game that day from Special care baby unit where my 5 week old daughter was on her fifth week of seven.

He did Something that day that I hadn't done in the previous 30 years supporting the Club,he asked to go for a dump with 5 minutes to go! Went to the bogs,heard a big cheer,only goal of the game!!! Thanks son! Yes,hes still going.

Ironically.with my daughter being on Special care I had missed a few games,the last goal I saw that season was the day she was born, Andy Holt v Cambridge,saw it from Delivery room 9 as a nurse had just tipped me off that I could see a third of the pitch from there!

Ironically.with my daughter being on Special care I had missed a few games,the last goal I saw that season was the day she was born, Andy Holt v Cambridge,saw it from Delivery room 9 as a nurse had just tipped me off that I could see a third of the pitch from there!

Mrs. S. and I were both born at Boundary Park Hospital, and it makes us even more proud to know that the delivery room has a view of part of the pitch. :D

Pre-season friendly vs Hudds a couple of years back. He threw a plastic tiger from the MSU to the MSP and it hit a poor bloke underneath on the head. Fair play to him though, he chucked it back up. We moved away from the front row after that.

He's now 5 and into double figures, including Carlisle away. Next appearance will be at Glandford Park.

IIRC theres a picture of you, little un and your missus with Scott Vernon, when the were about 2 days (! I exaggerate of course but no by mmuch) old?

Mrs. S. and I were both born at Boundary Park Hospital, and it makes us even more proud to know that the delivery room has a view of part of the pitch. :D

It was surreal, I had only been in the room about 30 seconds if that when he scored,I was waiting for my wife to come round and daughter to be transferred to special care. Seemed like slow motion but it was a lot quicker when I saw the replay,I must have been in shock with her being 10 week early!

My lad was 5 when I took him to Latics v QPR - 0-0 about 2002 ish......

He fell asleep then woke up with a start when we crashed a shot against the bar!!!!

He is now a volunteer on matchday looking after the mascots and families from other clubs, working in the tuck shop and occasionally ball boying. He must be the only 6ft 4in ball boy in the league!!!!

Last year he went arse over tit chasing a ball down towards the Chaddy. It's the highlight of 30 ish years of going to Boundary Park.......

Boxing Day 2012 home to Doncaster - took my oldest he was 3 and half years old at the time. Sat in Chaddy End and he was bored and cold by start of 2nd half. Fed him a big bag of haribos to keep him quiet. With a few minutes left I said we will go when the man announces how longs left to beat everyone leaving. Typical latics, the man says 2/3 mins injury time and bang Doncaster score! Cue the rush to the exits! Took him to couple more since but he doesn't have much interest in watching football at the moment.

My youngest is now 3 and he likes football so will be taking him to his first game soon.

Edited by Hornbloweroafc

Took my lad, then 4, to the home match v Brentford in January 2011 after I hadn't been for while. He had been showing a interest in football for a few months and wanted to see a football ground so, after we agreed to go, I was desperate for him to see a goal so he could see how the crowd reacted. I think it was Tounkara who obliged & it wasn't long after that he got his first kit. We managed to get to half a dozen or so games after that and became season holders again the following season, managing around 20 away trips together in that time as well. (He's not yet done Gillingham away)

He still says the joint greatest day of his life was when he was mascot v Walsall only equalled when he got 15 minutes working with the first team keepers over Christmas (after they'd finished their drills). As bizarre as it sounds when he's sat through many 0-1 home defeats without barely seeing a shot on the opposition goal, taking him was still one of the best things I've done for him.