An Open Letter To Barry Owen (And His Friends, Family And Legal Representatives):

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has always amazed, and annoyed me, about him is that he's the only member of the OAFC hierarchy who was a real fan for many years. A proper stereotype "bloody rubbish Latics!" moaner by all accounts.

Yet, since rising to his new station in life, he seems to understand his fellow fan the least.....

And I wonder what our new Commercial Director, with his desire to engage with supporters, makes of all this?

I was just going to say the same,how ironic that he does this on a day when the new Commercial Director is unveiled, Best of luck Mark Moisley, you are going to need it,and some!

i said when he was made a director that the club would be made to look more amateurish than they did during the Evans fiasco ,

also i could see nothing that he could offer the club , supporters or anything else he could direct except the match day traffic.

His actions have reinforced that view.

Barry -

If you can't stand the heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye Bye

He's a douche bag. People talk about "not being personal" but his position makes that attitude untenable. This is not an employee trying to do a job, he was put in place by fans to be a personality, a representative and a fan's voice. After which he turned his back on the people whose money and engagement put him on the board. I blame nobody who takes that personally.

I've never see anyone threaten him and nor should they. However his conduct at times has justified criticism and opprobrium in equal measure.

The lack of respect he shows here comes as no surprise, and just reinforces a feeling that the hierarchy at Latics is a rat's nest. I am sure that's not fair, but it is absolutely how it feels right now.

Edited by De_La_Vega

I'm willing to throw it out there and say any club director or employee willing to put themselves in a position of importance or in the spotlight in any way, and to then even consider taking legal action against an open forum of opinions, is in my eyes....a :censored:ing :censored:.

Not naming names, like.

I go away for literally 24 hrs..no not 24 the poster on here ....at it's hit the fan again.

Stevie, you are a moderator and seem to me a genuine bloke although we have never met, you opinion to me is invaluable

Barry said chuff all the other night when he handed the cheque books over to his feelings/views on owtb and as far as the trust is aware, we believe the owtb is a genuine overall view of fans opinion and should be tapped into. I don't know Barry well enough but I do agree with lags with regards to the personal attacks on this board,that maybe he should have been shielded more, however, he did put himself in the firing line, maybe to protect other trust commitee members. And maybe, th trust were wrong to do this and stood more as a body,, rather than an individual speaking on behalf off....

I am at a genuine loss how this has come about.....we come from Evans, to Owen, to trust to Paul whitehead and the stand, back to Owen again.

It's deflating.....and as I'm semi drunk, manure are drawing (hang in there Cambridge)... missing my men in leather (three musketeers on bbc too)....this really has been a :censored:ty night.

Bloody hell I'm missing the days when it was footy only on here..