An Open Letter To Barry Owen (And His Friends, Family And Legal Representatives):

Tracy, you shouldn't be in a position that you have to defend Barry. He, as Trust Chairmanship, shouldn't be shielded by stuff on here. He should, in that position, be able to respond to questions in here without himself being personal, or taking things personally.

When it comes to representing a large group of people, it is inevitable that people will give differing opinions and will disagree with you. Your job is to listen to all of them and be respectful. Barry never did that, hence anger was aimed at him.

Him threatening this board with legal action is a joke.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Barry well enough but I do agree with lags with regards to the personal attacks on this board,that maybe he should have been shielded more, however, he did put himself in the firing line, maybe to protect other trust commitee members. And maybe, th trust were wrong to do this and stood more as a body,, rather than an individual speaking on behalf off....

Sorry UD, I don't believe the questions towards Barry have been 'attacks' but people wanting some answers from the 'people's representative' - you (or Lags) show me if I'm wrong....

He's been counterproductive to what the good people of the Trust and Playershare have been working towards. *in my opinion, not OWTB.

Barry has been a PR nightmare *in my opinion.

Geeeeeezzzz.....this, and several other threads of late have descended into previously semi reasonable people (admittedly some of whom regularly fall into the keyboard warrior bracket) becoming complete parodies of themselves in the fight to establish whose balls are bigger than whose. This is a complete and utter storm in a teacup, fuelling the mightier than thou typists into making fools of themselves on a scale bigger than Ben Hur. You :censored:ing wankers......let it drop and get on with being a Latics fan!!

Tracy, you shouldn't be in a position that you have to defend Barry. He, as Trust Chairmanship, shouldn't be shielded by stuff on here. He should, in that position, be able to respond to questions in here without himself being personal, or taking things personally.

When it comes to representing a large group of people, it is inevitable that people will give differing opinions and will disagree with you. Your job is to listen to all of them and be respectful. Barry never did that, hence anger was aimed at him.

Him threatening this board with legal action is a joke.

That's what I can't understand maddog.....why would an ex copper, usually most personal stuff is water off a ducks back....was the face of the trust, took the crap for years yes some created by himself arguably, offered to meet fans etc to resolve issues, suddenly do this?

With regards to responding on here, it was part of the hand over in the main in the summer we, trust, asked Barry to take his foot off the gas by coming on here and let chill as part of his co opted role in communications. To take a bit off the shoulders off Barry as such and give the trust a new face, rather than Barry be the face of and target of the trust.

I am truely stumped by this today and having a few sherbets after work is not giving me clarity either, so I a going to log out and try again tomoz.

Have a sangria for me my friend

"Sir, Sir they are calling me rude names on the internet Sir."

"Didn't you used to be a copper, I'm sure some very nasty people called you worse."

"Make them stop Sir, please make them stop Sir. What they are saying isn't true."

"It's not libellous either. Grow a :censored:ing pair."

If I was a mod I'd be very tempted to ban him. It's a testament to these ones that he isn't.

Geeeeeezzzz.....this, and several other threads of late have descended into previously semi reasonable people (admittedly some of whom regularly fall into the keyboard warrior bracket) becoming complete parodies of themselves in the fight to establish whose balls are bigger than whose. This is a complete and utter storm in a teacup, fuelling the mightier than thou typists into making fools of themselves on a scale bigger than Ben Hur. You :censored:ing wankers......let it drop and get on with being a Latics fan!!

We were letting it drop. Barry is the one escalating it to Level Ridiculous. Why wouldn't people get offended for an insane action.

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 24, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, January 24, 2015 - No reason given

I strongly hope the club don't back Barry's actions in this case.

There won't be a case. "I'M CONSULTING MY LAWYERS." Should have done that about transferring the shares, then he might have gotten away with lying over why the Trust changed it's status. The Devil is often in the detail.

never a truer word spoken.

That's what I can't understand maddog.....why would an ex copper, usually most personal stuff is water off a ducks back....was the face of the trust, took the crap for years yes some created by himself arguably, offered to meet fans etc to resolve issues, suddenly do this?

With regards to responding on here, it was part of the hand over in the main in the summer we, trust, asked Barry to take his foot off the gas by coming on here and let chill as part of his co opted role in communications. To take a bit off the shoulders off Barry as such and give the trust a new face, rather than Barry be the face of and target of the trust.

I am truely stumped by this today and having a few sherbets after work is not giving me clarity either, so I a going to log out and try again tomoz.

Have a sangria for me my friend

Because he has dropped the fans representative tag now! He doesn't have to think about us fans as an OAFC director (tongue in cheek).

Can't believe he is getting so much air time to be honest

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 24, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, January 24, 2015 - No reason given

There won't be a case. "I'M CONSULTING MY LAWYERS." Should have done that about transferring the shares, then he might have gotten away with lying over why the Trust changed it's status. The Devil is often in the detail.

Guilty consciences can make people do daft things. I think the senior people in the trust should have a long hard look at themselves over how things have been handled. Someone is clearly feeling the heat.

Any board member is there for the good of the club. If corney thinks any board member is harming the club he may get them off the board. I can only see playshare as the way to do that as a short term shock. We cannot allow bullying to win.

Guilty consciences can make people do daft things. I think the senior people in the trust should have a long hard look at themselves over how things have been handled. Someone is clearly feeling the heat.

Any board member is there for the good of the club. If corney thinks any board member is harming the club he may get them off the board. I can only see playshare as the way to do that as a short term shock. We cannot allow bullying to win.

No love x x

How does withdrawing support for playershare give the club a shock?.....it's an idea born out of the trust and is run by a separate committee, who has non-trust members on it.

It's purpose is that every penny contribute goes into the account and stays there until the manager of OAFC request it. Any promotional stuff is paid for or contributed out of the pockets of the committee, the pin badges, the quarterly news letter, the offer on when we reach out 100th member that new member will get a prize.

At the moment we are contributing to one player a year....it's not like we we contributing a whole team.

How does withdrawing support for playershare give the club a shock?.....it's an idea born out of the trust and is run by a separate committee, who has non-trust members on it.

It's purpose is that every penny contribute goes into the account and stays there until the manager of OAFC request it. Any promotional stuff is paid for or contributed out of the pockets of the committee, the pin badges, the quarterly news letter, the offer on when we reach out 100th member that new member will get a prize.

At the moment we are contributing to one player a year....it's not like we we contributing a whole team.

Agreed. There are still outstanding Trust questions but with Barry gone, there's a great chance for a fresh start.

Playershare is both its own success and a success for the Trust. A lot of non-Trust people have worked hard to make it so. There's never been a problem with Playershare.

Agreed. There are still outstanding Trust questions but with Barry gone, there's a great chance for a fresh start.

Playershare is both its own success and a success for the Trust. A lot of non-Trust people have worked hard to make it so. There's never been a problem with Playershare.

Thanks 24.... I agree, total wiping of the slate....your trust come make an impact...trust the trust...

may I ask you as fan, does it concern you or maybe give you more belief that two of the playershare committee team have since volunteered as co-opted members of the trust in order to help

Thanks

Is it a rollover in the Lottery tomorrow because if ever OAFC needed new owners it is now. What a bleeding shambles!

The only thing I would do is sign Lee Johnson as manager and start afresh even if we start at the bottom. Pay him the same wage, give him a similar budget and tell him "go get us promotion back to League One". I'd then promote us around the town and get fans back at a lower ticket price and sell them a journey of fun, promotion and football - no politics, no toxic signings - just football!