Lj's Post Match Comments

I'm all for keeping the positivity but since the batterings of Yeovil and MK Dons I have noticed LJ's determination to keep upbeat and positive messages in his post match comments win lose or draw. This is the complete opposite to his open criticism and dissatisfaction of minor issues with largely good performances (during our unbeaten run).

I guess it is only natural to paint a roses picture when things aren't going so well to avoid added pressure, but to me it's:

A) inconsistent/contradictory to his messages on performance in the first half of the season and frustrating that he didn't accept performance levels with an unbeaten team but now seems to be satisfied with a misfiring team

B) frustrating that he isn't communicating his view on where things need to be improve clearly enough for the last 6 games. I.e lack of striking options an need to get an improvement here and inconsistency defensively.

Like I say I see how he is trying to steady the ship and keep the calm after the hammerings and Ched Evans fiasco but I think he is starting to look weak IMO if he doesn't take the bull by the horns soon and recognise things are not in line with expectations/ambitions.

I'm all for keeping the positivity but since the batterings of Yeovil and MK Dons I have noticed LJ's determination to keep upbeat and positive messages in his post match comments win lose or draw. This is the complete opposite to his open criticism and dissatisfaction of minor issues with largely good performances (during our unbeaten run).

I guess it is only natural to paint a roses picture when things aren't going so well to avoid added pressure, but to me it's:

A) inconsistent/contradictory to his messages on performance in the first half of the season and frustrating that he didn't accept performance levels with an unbeaten team but now seems to be satisfied with a misfiring team

B) frustrating that he isn't communicating his view on where things need to be improve clearly enough for the last 6 games. I.e lack of striking options an need to get an improvement here and inconsistency defensively.

Like I say I see how he is trying to steady the ship and keep the calm after the hammerings and Ched Evans fiasco but I think he is starting to look weak IMO if he doesn't take the bull by the horns soon and recognise things are not in line with expectations/ambitions.

So do you really think that he should be saying 'I have asked the Chairman to give me funds to get in a new striker but all he says is go see Barry?'

He has changed his approach since the squad had an 'open conversation' after the 2 heavy defeats. I think the squad got bored of him slagging specifics/individuals off to the press in public and told his as such! He has since took it on board...

Edited by super_blue

So do you really think that he should be saying 'I have asked the Chairman to give me funds to get in a new striker but all he says is go see Barry?'

I expect him to acknowledge the specific issues yes...it is then his responsibility to find realistic solutions. If that means loaning players out, letting players go to get new faces in then that shouldn't be ruled out.

I guess what I am trying to say is I now feel like his acceptance of current performance level comments suggest in his mind this season is over already which is really dissapointing considering where we were in November. I would rather he just and out and said it as it is.

If those players dont want their indivisiual mistakes mentioned in public, dont make mistakes.

their job is in the public eye, we can see when they :censored: up so why would they say please dont mention it in public? when its on BBC that night aswell as sky and the internet for all to see? if they feel embarressed by it dont lose 7 nil away!!!

for the record LJ did say that one of Gillinghams goal should have been saved. he said similar before dropping Rahubka and I bet he isnt talking about the 3rd like many on here. Critism is still there and rightly so, he just didnt go into detail.

For example How long is he going to say we weren't clinical enough or we didn't create enough in the final third before he starts suggesting what he is doing to overcome it? I am sure he has worked tirelessly with what he has got to address it without much luck...it just gets a bit same, same and I feel people are starting to lose interest with this season.

Maybe it's just my bubble has now burst and it's back to reality after a hopeful start...

For example How long is he going to say we weren't clinical enough or we didn't create enough in the final third before he starts suggesting what he is doing to overcome it? I am sure he has worked tirelessly with what he has got to address it without much luck...it just gets a bit same, same and I feel people are starting to lose interest with this season.

Maybe it's just my bubble has now burst and it's back to reality after a hopeful start...

why would he tell everyone how he is trying to overcome problems in a post match interview?

he may be trying all sorts, training methods or bringing people etc etc

he is just pointing out facts which he should be doing, we have played ok to well over the last few games with no eal cutting edge in front of goal.

with the Fleetwood game and Gill game in mind I can give you 2 reasons for no cutting esge and they are up front. Movement and first touch is not good enough.

Jabo and Forte up tp may have won that on Saturday but even they at this level are very inconsisent

Edited by palmer1

Therein lies the problem. No hope, no dreams = no disappointment. A pessimist is never disappointed etc.

Cheer up pal

why would he tell everyone how he is trying to overcome problems in a post match interview?

he may be trying all sorts, training methods or bringing people etc etc

he is just pointing out facts which he should be doing, we have played ok to well over the last few games with no eal cutting edge in front of goal.

with the Fleetwood game and Gill game in mind I can give you 2 reasons for no cutting esge and they are up front. Movement and first touch is not good enough.

Jabo and Forte up tp may have won that on Saturday but even they at this level are very inconsisent

Maybe you are satisfied with a simple statement of ' we had no cutting edge' 'we lacked a clinical finish' for 5 weeks on the bounce but for me after a while I feel more is needed to explain why the same issues are still prohibiting us...reality is forte apart we have lacked the cutting edge all season and I haven't seen much to suggest we have made improvements on this if anything we have gone backwards.

Even when we ha our unbeaten run lack of cutting edge was given as reason for draws not being deserved wins

Maybe you are satisfied with a simple statement of ' we had no cutting edge' 'we lacked a clinical finish' for 5 weeks on the bounce but for me after a while I feel more is needed to explain why the same issues are still prohibiting us...reality is forte apart we have lacked the cutting edge all season and I haven't seen much to suggest we have made improvements on this if anything we have gone backwards.

Even when we ha our unbeaten run lack of cutting edge was given as reason for draws not being deserved wins

I can only think that you want him to come out every week and say, "most of our forwards are shot and Forte's legs are :censored:ed." That would cheer us right up.

I couldn't care less (within reason) what he says to Latics Player or the media.

I'd be a bit pissed off if I was Rachubka. He's left very exposed by some godawful defending for both the first and the second. The third takes a deflection and he's got no chance.

I get the impression that Johnson really isn't keen on him. Tried to sign Jamie McDonald last season; brought in Etheridge this season, followed by Kenny (who got straight into the team and then conceded 11 in two games).

I'd be a bit pissed off if I was Rachubka. He's left very exposed by some godawful defending for both the first and the second. The third takes a deflection and he's got no chance.

I get the impression that Johnson really isn't keen on him. Tried to sign Jamie McDonald last season; brought in Etheridge this season, followed by Kenny (who got straight into the team and then conceded 11 in two games).

Maybe he's simply looking to get a keeper in he can work with longer term.

It's been rumoured Rachubka himself is carrying on playing reluctantly, wants to coach..,..

I reckon kenny was seen as a long term solution unfortunately after a near perfect debut his record went to :censored:!

I don't expect him to say our forwards are :censored: but I do expect him to say how he aims to make the likes of Philliskirk, Poleon, AMS, even Jabo if he returns to be more clinical.

Maybe it is a lack of knowing the clinical solution on LJ's part as a central midfielder. But since day one he seems to have done well at making us hard to breakdown and looking after the ball (the stat we generally win is the possession).

I.e Could an attacking minded coach offer more than LJ could in this department?

I don't expect him to say our forwards are :censored: but I do expect him to say how he aims to make the likes of Philliskirk, Poleon, AMS, even Jabo if he returns to be more clinical.

I.e Could an attacking minded coach offer more than LJ could in this department?

I don't see what benefit there would be to hearing how the forward players were going to be made more clinical. I'm sure it hasn't passed all the coaching staff by that we don't have a burgeoning Wright & Bright partnership up front.

I would guess that, as he does in the warm ups, Tommy Wright spends time working with the attack minded players.

It's that hole in our bucket again!

Arguably the best team in the land got well beaten by Bradford because of a lack of depth in their squad. We haven't had our best team playing since end of November and the results have followed - change more than one at a time and disaster. Looking back the turning point was against Preston in the JPT when players were rested first half.

We need Jabo back or somebody that can do the job he did. If Forte is now basically ':censored:ed' it is going to be a limp in.

I don't think LJ has given up yet but much more of this and he needs to look towards next season.

Will injuries and suspensions always find us out?

Coach different positions to a respectable standard maybe but to have the level of expertise that is required at a professional level I wouldn't discount it. LJ will have had 20 years 1-2-1 of being coached as generally speaking a central midfielder I wouldn't underestimate the input a professional attacking player could offer. Saying that we had similar issues under Dickov but maybe he just wasn't very good ;-)

When you are working on a shoestring it appears wafer thin squads can't last past Xmas...

Coach different positions to a respectable standard maybe but to have the level of expertise that is required at a professional level I wouldn't discount it. LJ will have had 20 years 1-2-1 of being coached as generally speaking a central midfielder I wouldn't underestimate the input a professional attacking player could offer. Saying that we had similar issues under Dickov but maybe he just wasn't very good ;-)

When you are working on a shoestring it appears wafer thin squads can't last past Xmas...

Not convinced by any of that tbh.