Trust Oldham Public Meeting

Clifford, May I take issue with you on a couple of points? I am not quoting because there are too many of your comments above to reply to specifically.

Any individual even if he is part of a section/ group/ board can threaten Legal Proceedings for Libel and/or Slander if he feels that defamation has occured!

Just because that threat has supposedly been issued to the Board Administrators of OWTB has nothing at all to do with the Trust, since that person has resigned his office with the Trust. That he remained in office for such a long time (and not representing the views of the fans) is again not the fault of the Trust-It is the fault of the fans, you and me who have had no involvement at all with the Trust for many many years!

The worst thing that people can now say is that they are not bothering attending and will give no support whatsoever to Chris, Tracy, Lookers and Jorvik et al who are giving up their time in an effort to improve things at the Trust.

Admittedly any improvement will not be easy but for goodness sake appreciate their efforts for what they are-time consuming but well intended.

Similarly I wouldnt expect Jenny and the New Director to even allow themselves to get involved in this argument. I would be disappointed if they did, actually

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks chaddy, more diplomatically put then the post I decided not to upload.

We are all volunteers and we decided that communication was the key area that needed immediate improvement in.

Chris especially has taken this on board to be the communication face of the trust with the support of lookers and myself too.

It has to be right first time, or at least small steps until we get the right format/channels of communication but I understand this can be frustrating too.

I look forward to meet you all on the night and hope then I can put a true name to a face of a owtb username.

Hope it's not snowed off now..tut

I wonder how many from owtb actually bother to turn up. very few I think

I am not seeing the reasoning to rush down if you don't normally...

Nothing has changed... The chance of future change is over for the foreseeable.

There was a strong backlash towards our man on the board over the last couple of weeks and the ultimate outcome was a very clear strengthening of his positing within the club with his direct appoint to the board without the need for any fan approval. I don't see that as the club wanting to engage with fan opinion personally, I don't see that as a positive development.

After a couple of days of real positivity at the thought of a fresh start when Barry said he was stepping aside I now think we are even further divided from the club. This whole reaching out attempt just feels phoney to me.

Edited by oafc0000

I don't see how a new repersentive can have a fair crack at the whip with the old representation still there. Sad times for us that wanted a fresh start and approach.

I have to say a fair comment and one I didn't think off.I have known Barry for a few seasons now with regards to playershare and trust meetings only, I can't say I truly know the man outside that capacity.

I've never felt oppressed by the man, nor threatened, and he has asked for and listened to me when I have ventured an opinion/clarity.

I even told him twice last week to get out of our meeting....in a jokingly way, I think he took it jokingly as I've not been arrested or threatened to be sued..is there a statute of limitations?..yikes

I am at an age where I am like a grumpy owd woman and I'll say it how it is.....I even last year at work questioned why a director was still in a job of failing department when she was announcing job losses in that team....she said it was irrelevant, 6 weeks later she's on deck chair leave ( What the hell is deck chair leave?).....and then went on to pastures new....cough, cough. Well my wage is in jeopard and then threats my latics attendance I get a bit tetchy.

I will say that the trust committee are not yes men/women and are vocal when discussing points. I just think Barry became the face of the trust for too long, hence the committee trying to get other faces out there to engage with the fans like Chris. Timing eh

If you can't attend or have time to ask the trust/tweet the trust on the night, please feel free to contact myself, Chris, lookers on here in a pm or on the pinned trust thread above. Barring cancellation, I will also be in the RRE end near the sweet shop before match for 15 mins and at half time, if we are turfed out of the RRE, then at the chaddy end tuck shop same timings.

I wish yourself, Chris and all the other people trying to improve the trust all the best. Personally if I was any of you I would give up. Its a totally pointless exercise and its going to get you nothing of use. We missed our chance.

I feel like I have lost.

The events of the last couple of weeks have seen me go from despair, to hope, to resignation that it will never change.

We had the opportunity 12 years ago to forge a new way forward with our relationship with the club, buying shares, getting a seat and so on. We slowly blew it. I was hopefully that the events of the last couple of weeks would lead to a fresh start, instead I think lines have only hardened, trenches have been dug, lines drawn, bridges burnt.

Its all phoney... Its a business / client relationship. I hate that. I give up. I concede defeat.

In spite of the threats to OWTB, club staff getting involved in Trust meetings should only be viewed as a good thing.

Fans having the opportunity to interact with the club should be embraced; it's what most of us were arguing should have happened during Barry's time as Trust Chairman.

I'm sceptical as to how Corney and Barry et al will react to the Trust in the post-Baz era but surely the Trust have to try. Otherwise, what's the point?

In spite of the threats to OWTB, club staff getting involved in Trust meetings should only be viewed as a good thing.

Fans having the opportunity to interact with the club should be embraced; it's what most of us were arguing should have happened during Barry's time as Trust Chairman.

I'm sceptical as to how Corney and Barry et al will react to the Trust in the post-Baz era but surely the Trust have to try. Otherwise, what's the point?

Thanks Steve, at the moment I want to try...well until the life gets sucked out of me.

OAFC0000, if you don't feel you can trust the trust at the moment, please don't give up on us yet, please keep you eye out on future events, the up and coming AGM and if you want to raise anything, please get in touch too

I wish yourself, Chris and all the other people trying to improve the trust all the best. Personally if I was any of you I would give up. Its a totally pointless exercise and its going to get you nothing of use. We missed our chance. I feel like I have lost.

The events of the last couple of weeks have seen me go from despair, to hope, to resignation that it will never change.

We had the opportunity 12 years ago to forge a new way forward with our relationship with the club, buying shares, getting a seat and so on. We slowly blew it. I was hopefully that the events of the last couple of weeks would lead to a fresh start, instead I think lines have only hardened, trenches have been dug, lines drawn, bridges burnt.

Its all phoney... Its a business / client relationship. I hate that. I give up. I concede defeat.

Its a good job that you are not in the starting 11 on Saturday then!

"Hi Simon, it's Jenny (or some such employee) did you know there is an issue with Barry and legal threats to both owtb and some of its users?"

Now if Simon goes ape and rings Barry and tells him to grow up then that is fine but I'm guessing we'd know if that happened. The person contacted should have been informed of that.

The other option is he may not give a toss about fans views, fans of the club he owns and therefore doesn't care what Barry is doing. As he is the owner he would be very much in a position to bollock and or sack any board member he likes. That's my point, the trust is pointless if the head man / men don't give a :censored:. 3% of b shares (which the trust doesn't even have any more) doesn't get you much. The people running the trust are to be praised to rafters in all honesty. So are the ones at Blackpool, Newcastle and Rangers. They get no real respect or anything like any power either.

Why would fans and the fans trust want anything to do with the board as it currently is constructed? Legal action against the official fans forum. Dear me. I need a camomile.

Clifford, a trust statement has been issued with regards to the ownership of the shares

It's has been confirmed it's an individual that is pursuing this forum with regards to legal action, not the trust, nor the club

Do you not value or believe anyone else's opinion on here? Why are you raking up stuff that's already been clarified? I read your posts and they seem to go around in circles sometimes.

You mystify me...you have been described as a troll, I can only presume not Clued up in modern language that this is a negative term and that you just come on here to provoke a reaction really.

It's hard to understand the tone/sarcasm of a typed post I suppose

Edited by underdog

I've not said the trust or a trust member looking at legal action, not once. Its a board member. A member of the board who run the club we support. Take a breath and think what our own board must think of its fans. If the other board members disagreed, especially the owner, he'd have had to either quit the board or call off the dogs.

Evans and now this. They don't give a :censored: so until they give a bit back (or just not threaten to take fans running a website to court) I think its a pointless entity.

Evans and now this. They don't give a :censored: so until they give a bit back (or just not threaten to take fans running a website to court) I think its a pointless entity.

Now I know you're taking the piss. You were full square behind Barry and the Board on Evans. I really do think you've gotten a taste for it round here and you're lurking for a pastime. Regarding the shares we have a hold in proceedings before we can get 3rd party verification of the Trust statement but I see little point in making definitive claims about it until then.

Now I know you're taking the piss. You were full square behind Barry and the Board on Evans. I really do think you've gotten a taste for it round here and you're lurking for a pastime. Regarding the shares we have a hold in proceedings before we can get 3rd party verification of the Trust statement but I see little point in making definitive claims about it until then.

No i wasn't. I started off as happy for him to get a chance to changing my mind Wednesday after hearing of fans i know giving their tickets up. And i certainly wasn't one of those claiming his innocence. However even if i was his biggest fan fact is most fans didn't want him and they didn't let that stop them going for him.

Why a group of fans, already ignored over Evans, think the board will listen to them (mid possible legal action against a large group of fans by one of their leading members) is beyond me.

get there cliff an make a difference on mon your a passionate latics fan.

let me know how you get on

Clifford did declined earlier JW, however who knows he /she could attend as I don't know whose who in person. Not unless your going to come out an introduce yourself that is.

Clifford the door is open, please attend if you can, same to you JW....or look at tweeting/asking the trust internet session that should be open on the night if you can't.

Thanks

fact is most fans didn't want him

Not sure on that. From my experience it was a vocal minority that didn't want him. Personally, I know around 100 Latics fans, when it was first announced only a couple wanted him. But as time went on and :censored: like milliband started telling us what to do, that swung massively and only a couple still didnt want him. I thought the timing of Ched turning us down was bizarre as the tide was definatley turning.

Ah well, we will be ruing it when his conviction is quashed and he signs for a bigger club.