James Dayton Signs For St Mirren

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say it haunts me to see Rooney doing well. Right decision to let go, same with Dayton. Hope it works out well for him.

I disagree. We should've persevered. We gave him about 5 months of a two and a half hear contract. It would've been a tough, brave call to stick by him, and it's easier to make it in hindsight, but it's one I regret we didn't.

There's no ill-feeling towards him though.

I disagree. We should've persevered. We gave him about 5 months of a two and a half hear contract. It would've been a tough, brave call to stick by him, and it's easier to make it in hindsight, but it's one I regret we didn't.

There's no ill-feeling towards him though.

Warren Feeney might have come good as well. It would have painful waiting for it to happen!

I don't think the three consecutive games from last season where he was our designated corner-taker and pea-rolled every one to the nearest opposition player is a true reflection of him as a player...but it's probably a truer reflection than the wonderstrike at Swindon.

Hope he's brilliant in Scotland. Kind of irrelevant if he can't do it here, though...

Would have loved to see him in behind strikers... In place of philliskirk.

Totally agree. I started a thread in 2013 suggesting this. His best play was always when he cut inside, and he's got great vision and shooting needed for that role. Might have made us lightweight there but it'd have been good to see him given a go, as when a player with his ability is on-song you're going to be a threat, and if it hadn't have worked there wouldn't be this 'what if' mentality.

Totally agree. I started a thread in 2013 suggesting this. His best play was always when he cut inside, and he's got great vision and shooting needed for that role. Might have made us lightweight there but it'd have been good to see him given a go, as when a player with his ability is on-song you're going to be a threat, and if it hadn't have worked there wouldn't be this 'what if' mentality.

Lets not be silly Philly is untouchable

A footballers height and stature is not too relevant when playing certain positions on the pitch - I give you Oscar, Cazorla, Silva, Sanchez, Di Maria etc. All top players and all smaller in stature. I have not even mentioned Messi, Xavi, Iniesta et al.

Granted these players are top talents - and that is the point; if a player is good enough, he is big enough. (you can replace the 'big' with 'old' too but that's another discussion).

It's not the man in the fight it's the fight in the man' as someone once said.