Philliskirk

If Philly added more goals to his game he wouldn't be here but we do play better with him in the team. It is a simple as that.

How on earth do you make that assumption? He hasn't missed a league game all season! We have worthy players sitting on the bench.

Again, it's not about snagging him off or giving up on him whatsoever, it's just that he's not in form and could do with a bit of an injection into his game, that LJ has proved he can provide to young players. He's a useful player but I just find that for that number 10 position he doesn't get anywhere near involved enough, and for a player who is supposed to 'knit' us together, he gives the ball away an awful lot.

If he had a clear role in the side you feel like we'd get the most out of him. At the moment he seems to play a strange 'inbetween' sort of position that he sometimes gets lost in.

Edit: just seen your post on Winchester. How can Philly be the player you rate higher out of the two?!?!

Edited by NewBlue

Sorry for having a differing opinion to you Mr Chaddy Ender, maybe you would like to check out LJ;s post match comments, i think you will find he was very complimentary in his assessment of Philliskirk's performance.

If you would like to offer an alternative player to take over his role then fire away

Incredible the amount of people wanting Danny P out of the team. His place is under threat from the arrival of Mellis but for now he stays in the team for me.

I don't see that he loses the ball all the time but I would say he takes an extra touch too often. Prime example yesterday he went clear in front of the RRE and choose to try and take an extra touch instead of taking it first time. Probably a confidence thing.

Take him out and we would notice. Defensively he's so important for us. Allowing other players like Forte, Winny and Jones to do their thing.

Sorry for having a differing opinion to you Mr Chaddy Ender, maybe you would like to check out LJ;s post match comments, i think you will find he was very complimentary in his assessment of Philliskirk's performance.

If you would like to offer an alternative player to take over his role then fire away

Mellis?

Mellis?

If Mellis takes that number 10 position, Philly will play up front! As some1 else said listen to LJ post match

How on earth do you make that assumption? He hasn't missed a league game all season! We have worthy players sitting on the bench..

Edit: just seen your post on Winchester. How can Philly be the player you rate higher out of the two?!?!

He plays every game, ask yourself why. How many reasons do you want?

Better link player/better with his back to goal/better passer/ better in the air/ better defensively/ better at winning penalties/ more assists/ more goals & lasts 90mins

Sick of players who work hard, but have no talent. The lad needs moving on, not good enough!

Not sure if he deserves a place on current form or not (I think Mellis could be perfect for that role) but no talent? Aside from being a tidy technical player with the ball at his feet, he's proven to be one of the more intelligent strikers that we've had recent years, especially for one so young. He'll misplace the odd pass but much more often than not he'll link play and keep attacks ticking over.

Also, how the hell are we keeping a STRIKER in the team because he's good defensively ? Mental! Let the defence worry about that

1st argument is when AC Milan had a "superstar" attack of Ronaldinho, Robinho and Inzaghi. They came to English teams in the Champions League and they got thrashed because the 3 of them stood on the halfway line watching the rest of their team getting overran.

2nd argument is Paul Warne.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

The good and the less good about Danny P

Second half, just inside their half , had plays a good ball out yo the left flank. Perfect for Forte to use his pace and chase down, which he does. Nips inside his man and looks to get it into the box - except Danny just hadn't put a run in. Once that ball had been played he should have been legging forward to look for the cross . Forte had to pause and the immediate opportunity was gone.

He is a decent footballer but he really does need to be more assertive and proactive.

Definitely still a developing player, but even so I'd have him in the team. Certain players make others look better and I'd put him in that category.

One thing I would note though - I think he plays better alongside guys like Dayton who are comfortable in interchanging across the pitch.

I am in the time for a rest camp.

I think there is a decent player there but he hasn't , for quite a while, shown the desire to win tackles, go for headers, or pull the trigger when in shooting positions.

He looks busy but it's not to great effect. At his age he should be bursting through on runs, being a pillar of strength - if any remember Darron McDonough you'll recall a young player who could play up front or midfield and who made a real impressin on a game.

Danny doesn't leave a mark...currently

I remember McDonagh well and yes he always put in a real shift and stood out in every game i saw. Not sure about Philly but would like to see more of Mellis from the start and so i guess that would be ahead of DP