What would you do if you scored against Latics?

Just watching Match of the Day and whilst watching the Everton v Leicester highlights it got me wondering what I would do? David Nugent is a 'big' Everton fan, yet off he runs with a big smile on his fizog after bagging. Not sure I'd be that pleased with myself, but due to being utter :censored:e at the beautiful game (oh and fast approaching 40) I'll never know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the full length of the Chaddy doing the Matt Smith finger wag. Then I'm turning my attention to the main stand paddock, probably doing the sad-face-balling-my-eyes-out bit while running with my knees up to my chin. Probably sticking my face into Johnson's (or whoever's) and saying :censored:ing have that you shorthouse.

Then I look up to the directors' box and probably the Vs for Corney and Barry and the WAGS. Then it's down to the RRE to greet the Barcelona faithful and whip them up into a further frenzy.

Can't stand it when players don't celebrate scoring against their old clubs - that goes for testemonials or competitive games.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Run strait to the bottom left corner of the chaddy and party with the fans realy hate those Wigan scum can't wait to do them home and away next year .tho will be fifty by then and can't see me being the answer to LJs striking needs but we can all dream

Dulwich Hamlet. You've grown a trendy beard and ridden a fix gear bike 250 miles to the match. FA Cup 2nd replay. It's 2-2 in the fifth and final minute of injury time and you're on a hatrick. Manchester United away in the next round.

I'd do a Marco Tardelli all the way over to the RRE to bask in the "Hurrah!"s and "Bravo!"s of our travelling vegan army....

It's another Save the Club game and I'm playing for the All Stars against the current mercenary First XI. It's a fairly gentle 2-2 affair when news filters through that the buyers (a sheikh and an oligarch) will pull out if the current First XI lose, what with them knowing nothing about football and that.

Something flips and I feel the need to stop the ridiculous truce. I waltz through the defence, pass the goalie, stop it on the line, kneel and head home in front of the Chaddy End. I'm standing in the net doing the behold-your-saviour bit as the tears flow down the Chaddy End concrete steps like a river.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

It would depend if I'd ever played for the club or not, and how much abuse I would get from the crowd.

I'm not quite sure why certain players feel the necessity to not celebrate a goal when they have played for certain clubs ok their was the incident with Denis Law which perhaps as a Man U legend and the significance of the goal you can understand but the other year Daniel Sturridge scored against Man city and didn't celebrate, while he came through the youth team there he was hardly a club legend and unless he intentionally lorded it infront of the fans knowone would really care.

If your a player and you are getting grief then the loudest thing you can do is play a blinder or put the thing in the back of the net anyway. For me I'd just do that then celebrate with my own fans and players that would be more devastating.

It would depend if I'd ever played for the club or not, and how much abuse I would get from the crowd.

I'm not quite sure why certain players feel the necessity to not celebrate a goal when they have played for certain clubs ok their was the incident with Denis Law which perhaps as a Man U legend and the significance of the goal you can understand but the other year Daniel Sturridge scored against Man city and didn't celebrate, while he came through the youth team there he was hardly a club legend and unless he intentionally lorded it infront of the fans knowone would really care.

If your a player and you are getting grief then the loudest thing you can do is play a blinder or put the thing in the back of the net anyway. For me I'd just do that then celebrate with my own fans and players that would be more devastating.

Or Wes Hoolahan not celebrating against Villa because they tried to sign him.

Dulwich Hamlet. You've grown a trendy beard and ridden a fix gear bike 250 miles to the match. FA Cup 2nd replay. It's 2-2 in the fifth and final minute of injury time and you're on a hatrick. Manchester United away in the next round.

In that case, self immolation in the center circle.

In that case, self immolation in the center circle.

It would be a knee slide starting around about the penalty area and continuing into the corner flag at which point I would spring upright grabbing said flag pole and lob it javelin like into the directors box whist shouting "Why did you not pick me when I was in my prime?" before hobbling off the pitch and into A&E for them to gently coax my kneecaps down from the tops of my thighs...