New Manager thread.

Stevenage in talks with Teddy Sheringham about becoming their new manager.

A team in the division below us, with equally (if not more..) modest resources are looking to appoint a former international footballer with experience of coaching Premiership players....

...just an observation.

Might be happy and settled down south. Probably didn't apply for the Oldham job for that reason....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevenage in talks with Teddy Sheringham about becoming their new manager.

A team in the division below us, with equally (if not more..) modest resources are looking to appoint a former international footballer with experience of coaching Premiership players....

...just an observation.

He coaches the West Ham strikers part time, a couple of sessions a week.

Thay have scored once from open play in the last 8 games

just an observation :)

He coaches the West Ham strikers part time, a couple of sessions a week.

Thay have scored once from open play in the last 8 games

And yet would still arguably be a more impressive appointment. .

So we're fortunate that our board now only seem to appoint cheap, unheard-ofs, then?

Yes ,

cheap unheard of's work with the squad they have got in the main.

The ex pros and journey men bring in all their mates on contracts we can't afford.

Give me a :censored: (Cheap Unheardof Natural Talent) any time.

Championship here we come.

Sheringham is a complete are though, isn't he? I predict loads of media bull:censored: and an early bath.

Used to see him regularly when his overrated arrogant son played for my local side. He gave every impression of being a complete arse

Used to see him regularly when his overrated arrogant son played for my local side. He gave every impression of being a complete arse

In a new addition to, "Leeslover's Random Facts," he is also fond of licking his own semen off lady conquests. Whether that means he will be a success as a manager I haven't a clue.

In a new addition to, "Leeslover's Random Facts," he is also fond of licking his own semen off lady conquests. Whether that means he will be a success as a manager I haven't a clue.

It's certainly something for Corney to ask future prospective managers about if Sheringham does do well......

• 2 weeks later...

How do I acquire a Chaddy Jnr? One of his cousins obviously. Not that one.

I adopted him in 2003, you can acquire him by signing a legal statement requesting to be tracked down to the ends of the Earth and tortured horribly to death.

We're trying to see if they can be sourced, apparently the club had some at the open day thing. If the club aren't able to get them into the new store it could be something for the Trust to look into.

Plymouth have appointed Derek Adams as manager. Far from spectacular by itself, but it made me realise that there's been a lot more left-field appointments in the Football League compared to usual since the end of the season.

Were we trend setters? Or are other teams just as cheap as us!

Plymouth have appointed Derek Adams as manager. Far from spectacular by itself, but it made me realise that there's been a lot more left-field appointments in the Football League compared to usual since the end of the season.

Were we trend setters? Or are other teams just as cheap as us!

Maybe clubs are beginning to realise that 'unknown but qualified' is cheaper in the long run than 'high profile'. The difficulty for coaches like Kelly will be getting the players on board with their methods. The players will soon rumble a numpty and there are plenty of those on the magic roundabout on far higher wages than Kelly. Edited by mikeroyboy

Kelly's best chance is getting in a team of players that have something to prove or desperate to secure their professional footballing career at the highest level (I.e championship youth players with the right attitude)

If he has a small squad of players who are all fighting it out to start in the 11 pushing each other to be at their best then they might just do enough on the field...

We can't afford to bring in reliable names in our position so it needs to come from a desire and effort with a bit of luck of good youth loanees

My one observation so far is that there's too much talk about targets identified, talking to targets etc but no real action at the moment.

It might be more the media regurgitating a few snippets from Kelly to create column inches but I'd expected one or two signings confirmed if he'd already got a plan, been talking to his targets etc. Then again that's just the close season for you...I'm bored already and want some news and some excitement for next season...

My only concern is that Kelly's comments have retracted a bit from 4-5 vacancies & targets being spoken with to we have a quality squad already....remaining budget not as great as first thought or cards close to chest?!

We need a two central defenders,, another attacking midfielder, a winger (one being Watmore) and, in my opinion, two strikers (one being a recognised name generating a little excitement I hope)...

My one observation so far is that there's too much talk about targets identified, talking to targets etc but no real action at the moment.

It might be more the media regurgitating a few snippets from Kelly to create column inches but I'd expected one or two signings confirmed if he'd already got a plan, been talking to his targets etc. Then again that's just the close season for you...I'm bored already and want some news and some excitement for next season...

My only concern is that Kelly's comments have retracted a bit from 4-5 vacancies & targets being spoken with to we have a quality squad already....remaining budget not as great as first thought or cards close to chest?!

We need a two central defenders,, another attacking midfielder, a winger (one being Watmore) and, in my opinion, two strikers (one being a recognised name generating a little excitement I hope)...

Yea I agree...get the feeling he is learning as he goes and is changing his tune accordingly...to be fair people highlighted that his comments sounded a bit nieve and they still do...especially comments like I want people who want to play football and win things not those in it for the money! Why can't a player want both?! Edited by Blue_Guru

Yea I agree...get the feeling he is learning as he goes and is changing his tune accordingly...to be fair people highlighted that his comments sounded a bit nieve and they still do...especially comments like I want people who want to play football and win things not those in it for the money! Why can't a player want both?!

Johnson said exactly the same things and was hailed as the messiah... Im waiting till I see the team on the pitch before I judge