New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, a decision needs to be made almost immediately. Unbelievably, we've as much chance as the dross around us snatching a play-off place and the appointment could make all the difference.

There's got to be some reasonably high caliber out-of-work managers who reckon they could sneak us in there.

I reckon it'll be James Beattie. Cheap, young, limited experience, good talker. Him or Craig Hignett.

It's certainly not going to be somebody with a long management history like a Gary Johnson or a Nigel Worthington. Rosler and Adkins wouldn't come to Latics either so forget about them.

Them or someone promoted from within until the end of the season and then a full review then. The play off shot would be squandered by then though, you'd think.

I think Murray would depend on Tommy staying.

Rosler would likely prefer more from a club than we could give him.

True, but one thing in our favour is Rosler likes the area and even has a link with the Latics in that his best friend is Gunner Halle. Edited by BP1960

Might get a bit of stick for this but someone like Martin Allen for the last 15 odd games could do the trick, might not be pretty but think we could have a go at it with hard to beat percentage football. The football at the minute when it clicks is great but when it doesnt we are weak and awfully poor, obvious i know but at least with someone like Allen, he could instill a bit of fight and balls into them and the formation/tactics wouldnt be rocket sicence to undesrtand!!

Who cares?

1/4 of the fans will immediately dislike him for some obscure reason.

1/4 of the fans will immediately slag him off to appear more knowledgeable than the rest of the fans.

1/4 of the fans don't really care any more.

1/4 of the fans know we as a club are :censored:ed due to geography, world moving on, no money and no divine right to success.

If, IF Johnson does go, wait for the appointment. There will be some interesting applicants and I hope Corney appoints the best one. Another "powerpoint" manager please, someone with something up top rather than any "Triffic" "He'll he disappointed with that..." "Good footballing lad" kind of dinosaur.

I wouldn't mind seeing an interim manager until he end of the season. Someone who has had experience at this level before. a gamble perhaps but we are two points off the play offs and if someone can come in and grab this team by the short and curlies then we might just get over the line. As others have said though I reckon it will be an appointment from within.

If we get Holden until end of season or someone of that ilk then, IMO, we are doomed for 4th tier football soon. Really need new owners who have fresh ideas and more importantly, cash. Very disappointed in LJ if he leaves for Barnsley. Understand it, better chance for promotion next season. But some of the things he's said smacks of Dowie leaving for Palace.....!

The problem with appointing a temporary manager until the end of season alla TP is that there will be plenty more shinier and more well endowed clubs in for managers in the summer. Now is probably the most power we will hold that a manager can become a manager and get paid for the 4 months in to summer.

I don't recall a collective fist pump when we appointed LJ so if it was Holden, Murray, Mick Priest or whoever, surely they just get support & backing don't they?

What does Dean Holden bring to the party? We've been defensively horrendous since his appointment and he didn't come across well at all on LP the other week.

Murray is clearly a coach not a manager.

We're a league one team on the edge of the playoffs. Those would be conference appointments.

What does Dean Holden bring to the party? We've been defensively horrendous since his appointment and he didn't come across well at all on LP the other week.

Murray is clearly a coach not a manager.

We're a league one team on the edge of the playoffs. Those would be conference appointments.

Johnson does everything by himself though doesn't he?

People can't have it both ways, if Johnson is good then the staff around him must be good too.

Johnson does everything by himself though doesn't he?

People can't have it both ways, if Johnson is good then the staff around him must be good too.

I never said Johnson was good either.

If truth be told, I think we're another bang average side amongst 20 other bang average sides in this division.

Corney's so-mad-it-might-work managerial recruitment policy narrows the field considerably.

It'll be someone with cash (any recently retired reasonably successful league footballer should do, but any recently retired premier league player wouldn't touch it with a bargepole).

It'll be someone who has an unshakable belief in their ability to defy the football Gods, perhaps despite being only 5 foot tall with their boots on.

It'll be this person's first managerial job.

This person reckons their contacts in the game will help...possibly a well travelled player.