New Manager thread.

It's thoroughly depressing idea that we'd be setting out to 'contain' Chesterfield, at home, in what for Latics was an end-of-season dead rubber game.

It shouldn't have been an end-of-season dead rubber game in Holden's eyes, if he's serious about getting the manager's job permanently. It's an opportunity for him to demonstrate how he'd adapt his tactics for a game when a few players are out, against a team who are sixth in the league who had just won 6-0.

It wasn't a great spectacle, but occasionally we're going to need to grind out a result. It could be argued that Holden showed on Saturday that he knows how to do that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glossop FC

Chris Willcock, Manager.

2013 to date 120 86 14 20 71.67%

And a Wembley appearance soon.

Not a bad record, can he do it at league level? - probably no league club would give him an interview anyway, so we will never know.

Edited by BP1960

Glossop FC

Chris Willcock, Manager.

Not a bad record, can he do it at league level? - probably no league club would give him an interview anyway, so we will never know.

He was my manager as a 15 year old at Rochdale...

This article is quite a compelling case for Neil Redfearn: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/11551152/Alarm-bells-ring-at-Leeds-United-as-cowardice-and-anarchy-undermines-Redfearn-and-his-talented-graduates.html

It says his contract is to expire and not be renewed in the summer, his track record with youngsters is one of the best in the country, and he's guided a very troubled club with relatively little funding to a decent league position, while his own backroom staff were undermined. Obviously a Latics legend so a big name for fans who might be attracted by a new stand and bit of ambition, and he probably won't be attracted that many suitors in better positions than us.

I'd offer him the gig.

This article is quite a compelling case for Neil Redfearn: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/11551152/Alarm-bells-ring-at-Leeds-United-as-cowardice-and-anarchy-undermines-Redfearn-and-his-talented-graduates.html

It says his contract is to expire and not be renewed in the summer, his track record with youngsters is one of the best in the country, and he's guided a very troubled club with relatively little funding to a decent league position, while his own backroom staff were undermined. Obviously a Latics legend so a big name for fans who might be attracted by a new stand and bit of ambition, and he probably won't be attracted that many suitors in better positions than us.

I'd offer him the gig.

Ditto!

I'd offer him the gig.

has he even applied ? Does he want it ?

I'd offer him the gig.

A few weeks ago i had a look on the Leeds messageboard. Many were not overly impressed. No plan B etc.

Given they are Leeds fans, I take that as a ringing endorsement. Come home Neil.

Very much doubt he's applied as when things were at that stage he was working with relative stability. Doubt he would do it for the money at his stage of life and people seem to forget that he left us in not ideal circumstances. Doubt he'd want big Joe as his assistant :)

Glossop FC

Chris Willcock, Manager.

33 clean sheets this season for GNE they have won the north west counties league finals to play and could get a historic treble. However this is the NW counties league their is a big big difference.

I'm averaging a goal every other game in my 6 a side team and the games last for 25 mins. I regularly bag atleast 5 on Tuesday nights works 5 a side games. I'm not the answer to the striker problem at oafc

Can't help feeling the new manager is already in !!!!!!!!!!!

Surely if it wasn't going to be Holden they would have already appointed one by now to give him the last few games to see what

he has to work with for next season ?

Or they don't have one and are waiting to see who is available at the end of the season.

33 clean sheets this season for GNE they have won the north west counties league finals to play and could get a historic treble. However this is the NW counties league their is a big big difference.

I'm averaging a goal every other game in my 6 a side team and the games last for 25 mins. I regularly bag atleast 5 on Tuesday nights works 5 a side games. I'm not the answer to the striker problem at oafc

You could be, our current strikers wouldn't achieve your strike rate at that level.