Lee Johnson Departure Confirmed

I'd like to send a message which is from the heart.

Dear little-:censored:

I hope you take your sheep shagging tossers all the way down to division four.

You are full of :censored:, you southern dwarf.

I hope Barnsley fans don't swallow your crappy sound bytes. They always made me vomit. Stick that on twitter, knob.

Yes i am bitter at what you've done, the timing and the fact you've gone to a small club near Sheffield.

Still, your style of football, though at times effective, bored the arse off me.

See you in a fortnight.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens in these circumstances with the players.. does he speak to them for a final time before f***ing off to barnsley or does he leave them feeling :censored: and on a low, leaving Holden and Lockwood to fire them up? Genuine question, wonder what his way of dealing with that is.. because surely he'll have relationships with most of the players?

From Barnsley website

"

A small number of candidates were interviewed and Lee Johnson was selected as significantly the best of these. He met the selection criteria established and also produced a specific plan for Barnsley Football Club for his first 100 days in charge. This included a playing strategy, specific tactics, identified current weaknesses and credible recruitment targets to strengthen our team."

So Johnson really put a lot of effort into getting the job...not dragged to the altar was he!

Prepared a 100 day plan, how long did it take him to do that?

Game against Orient was a huge game for us, obviously he was not fully focused as he had been preparing his 100 day plan, was his body language bad to the players thus not inspiring the team for last Saturday?

Did he not want us to win at Orient so we would not be further ahaed of Barnsley?

Sold Jose Baxter unless I am mistaken .......now that was a mistake , a huge one .......we should have built the team around him , so much for all those over hyped coaching badges.

We didn't hold the cards with Baxter. He had a buy out clause. He was always going to leave us that summer. It's a small miracle he signed in the January, if he hadn't we might not have survived the drop

Prepared a 100 day plan, how long did it take him to do that?

Game against Orient was a huge game for us, obviously he was not fully focused as he had been preparing his 100 day plan, was his body language bad to the players thus not inspiring the team for last Saturday?

Did he not want us to win at Orient so we would not be further ahaed of Barnsley?

So THAT'S why Turner was on the wing.

What happens in these circumstances with the players.. does he speak to them for a final time before f***ing off to barnsley or does he leave them feeling :censored: and on a low, leaving Holden and Lockwood to fire them up? Genuine question, wonder what his way of dealing with that is.. because surely he'll have relationships with most of the players?

In my experience most football managers are distant from players.

The chances are that Johnson will have a good working knowledge of every single team in this division what their strengths and what their weaknesses are, as he has spent the last 8 months competing against them. He would also have a very good knowledge of the availability of players. Therefore putting together a 100 day plan would not have taken him that long and shouldn't necessarily have distracted him from his current day job.

The chances are that Johnson will have a good working knowledge of every single team in this division what their strengths and what their weaknesses are, as he has spent the last 8 months competing against them. He would also have a very good knowledge of the availability of players. Therefore putting together a 100 day plan would not have taken him that long and shouldn't necessarily have distracted him from his current day job.

If he was doing anything other, football related, than managing us, I'd say he'd been distracted. Definitely a conflict of interest.

If you asked Lee at 14:55 on Saturday who would he rather finish higher in the league, Oldham or Barnsley?

What do you think his answer would have been?

Edited by PlayItLivo

His working knowledge didn't work against the bottom six clubs though, if he couldn't figure them out I suggest he wasn't as knowledgeable as made out.

Your Glossop manager is doing well, 150 goals, odds on to win the league and one step from Wembley, can we have him?

Edited by BP1960

The evidence would suggest otherwise

His working knowledge didn't work against the bottom six clubs though, if he couldn't figure them out I suggest he wasn't as knowledgeable as made out.

Your Glossop manager is doing well, 150 goals, odds on to win the league and one step from Wembley, can we have him?

Let's face it look at our budget and our league position we are punching above our own weight. Our budget suggest a team that should be fighting relegation.

If he was doing anything other, football related, than managing us, I'd say he'd been distracted. Definitely a conflict of interest.

It would have taken him a couple of hours out of his week. That's still enough time to pull together a plan for us to beat both Colchester and orient. It wouldn't have been that difficult to do both. If he can't do both he won't last long in a more demanding job.

I do a day job and study for a proffesional qualification in the evenings and weekends I still make time for a Latics season ticket and for family and friends and even to look for another job if necessary . I also get 2 games of football in a couple of sessions at the gym watch my favourite TV shows and spend an appalling amount of time on Facebook and on this message board. time management it's not that difficult.

Edited by GlossopLatic