Lee Johnson Departure Confirmed

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 100 day plan is probably the same plan he had when he applied for this job. The majority of the stuff would have already been there and just needed a bit of editing. Shame he's gone.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for the new manager.

The one thing LJ promised when he came here was "I will leave the club in a better state", that we can't argue with because we've improved season on season and sit just outside the play offs.

Talk of him writing out his 100 day plan, so what! The majority of us have updated our cv's and prepared for other jobs when working for a present employer. Maybe he did it in his own time, which he's entitled too, who knows!

As much as we don't like to admit it, Barnsley are a bigger club at present regardless of league position, have bigger crowds and LJ will no doubt be on a better wage and have more money to throw at a squad and increase his chances of success, which I think he'll achieve.

I'm in no way happy he's gone but no point dwelling on it, as much as we don't like it, the bloke has gone on to what he feels is a better future for him and his family, that is something we all try and do in life.

Forget him now and move on and get behind the new man coming in.

Prepared a 100 day plan, how long did it take him to do that?

Game against Orient was a huge game for us, obviously he was not fully focused as he had been preparing his 100 day plan, was his body language bad to the players thus not inspiring the team for last Saturday?

Did he not want us to win at Orient so we would not be further ahaed of Barnsley?

I don't get this outrage at him preparing this 100 day plan.

Surely it's just a tweaked version of something similar he presented to Corney when going for this job?

And as for highlighting Barnsleys strengths and weaknesses, we played them recently and he probably knows little more about them than most other league one clubs. Wasn't knowing such things an integral part of his job as Oldham manager?

We've seen similar, and worse, performances than Orient on several occasions during his tenure. I'm sure whether his presentation took him two hours or 20 to prepare he could easily have made the time with little or no detriment to Oldham Athletic.

I am not expecting a full explanation from either party about where it all went wrong but I’m guessing the 4 games of December were a major factor. Long before the Barnsley job became available.

A meek FA Cup exit to Doncaster followed by two extremely poor home defeats against relegation fodder and an embarrassing battering at MK Dons could, in my view, have been the catalyst.

Corney must have been absolutely numb with shock from a financial aspect – he is desperate to finish the stand.

January and February have been littered with poor performances and only a very poor League1 has kept us in contention. During this better season and a continuous flirtation with the top six there was no noticeable improvement in attendances. A giveaway fiver could only muster 5,600 or so and the visit of high flying Swindon barley 3,500. Both owner and manager must have felt utterly despondent.

Us retaining our playing squad in the January window could have simply been we had no offers.

That brings us to February and Corney being approached by Barnsley. Was it a way out of two problems he had? A disappointment /unrest with the manager together with a shortage of funds for the stand could have been too tempting to ignore, Johnson going to Barnsley for an interview a way out for him.

Maybe, Johnson had it in his contract to be informed of any interest or maybe he was gutted when Corney invited him to talk with Barnsley – who knows? If it’s the latter I can only see it as LJ being given a push. Any bond the two men had would have been broken by the mere suggestion.

LJ may well have had Corney’s blessing to prepare for his interview. Reading some of the ‘facts’ now emerging the parting may well have been amical with only a minority of fans feeling let down.

I think Johnson has done a decent job for us especially some cracking away days this season.

The 26th longest serving manager runs out of steam and the Magic Roundabout trundles around in circles packed with noisy ex-managers waving their arms shouting, me, me, me.

The crazy unstable world of football is by and large oblivious to our ‘local difficulty’. But it’s coming their way – no matter how big they are. Next week would be a safe bet for someone else’s turn.

I don't get this outrage at him preparing this 100 day plan.

Surely it's just a tweaked version of something similar he presented to Corney when going for this job?

And as for highlighting Barnsleys strengths and weaknesses, we played them recently and he probably knows little more about them than most other league one clubs. Wasn't knowing such things an integral part of his job as Oldham manager?

We've seen similar, and worse, performances than Orient on several occasions during his tenure. I'm sure whether his presentation took him two hours or 20 to prepare he could easily have made the time with little or no detriment to Oldham Athletic.

Not arsed about the 100 day plan, him turning up at their game last night sticks in the craw a tad though.