Lee Johnson Departure Confirmed

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no loyalty in football anymore.

How does what Barnsley have done make us loyal?

You have a very narrow minded view! All Employees have a certain loyalty but also a desire for material gain and/or promotion, it is the ability to weigh up the 2 that makes for either a succesful or a 'relatively' wasted career. I think that Mr Johnson may live to regret his choices made at quite a young age

Edited by ChaddySmoker

You have a very narrow minded view! All Employees have a certain loyalty but also a desire for material gain and/or promotion, it is the ability to weigh up the 2 that makes for either a succesful or a 'relatively' wasted career. I think that Mr Johnson may live to regret his choices made at quite a young age

Our longest serving player is Carl Winchester.

What does that tell you about loyalty at our club from players and the club itself.

I can't fathom how anyone can begrudge him leaving on his own terms. At a club like ours, you're only ever eight bad games away from the sack...

You're being rational about it.

He was our great hope. People feel "betrayed" because he left. In a strange way that's a complement to the bloke.

The reality is we valued his "loyalty" at a certain level and Barnsley paid up. If we'd paid him more to start with he might have stayed. More likely the playing budget at Barnsley attracted him more than the decent pay rise though.

Our longest serving player is Carl Winchester.

What does that tell you about loyalty at our club from players and the club itself.

Irrelevant. You are not comparing like for like, players are basically commodities with a shelf life (that might be reduced by injuries etc) that is hard to quantify.

Management and workers have completely different values and employment conditions within most organisations! LJ has made what I think is a bad decision!

Irrelevant. You are not comparing like for like, players are basically commodities with a shelf life (that might be reduced by injuries etc) that is hard to quantify.

Management and workers have completely different values and employment conditions within most organisations! LJ has made what I think is a bad decision!

'Within most organisations' not football clubs!

He may have made a bad decision... So what!

His bed he has to lie in it.You can't say there is loyalty in football and then select only some employees to suit your argument. If there was loyalty our last manager would have made it at least to the Everton game.If Doncaster go up this year did Cornet make a bad decision?

'Within most organisations' not football clubs!

He may have made a bad decision... So what!

His bed he has to lie in it.You can't say there is loyalty in football and then select only some employees to suit your argument. If there was loyalty our last manager would have made it at least to the Everton game.If Doncaster go up this year did Cornet make a bad decision?

Why should different rules apply just because football is an emotional business? A contract is a contract is a contract! Not rocket science is it?

Originally we were talking about the decision of LJ. Now you move onto Corney who makes so many bad decisions does his latest mean any different?

If you want to argue that this is progression then carry on but I am bored of it now, because it most definately is not

Cut all this :censored:e out. Oldham for me is for life. Twats who suggest otherwise in actions are just that twats. No rational, no wisdom. Johnson is even worse, tried to be one of us with his Hashtag brotherhood..................................................................deserves his :censored:. Hence why he knows and asked for police protection.

Johnson was a bit cryptic in his post match interview.

"I had two fantastic years here at Oldham and people don't know the full story about me leaving,"

Wonder what he's refering to?

He also said "it was a mixed reception" today. From where I was sitting it was quite hostile, with 'Judas' being the politest name he was called!

3 security guards and 2 coppers! Never seen anything like it! - self important little :censored: - i chose to just ignore him but it was difficult.

It amused me when the away crowd shouted for him to 'give a wave' - there was a longer than usual pause as he appeared to consider whether to - followed by the obvious wave and barrage from the paddock.