Dean Holden in charge for foreseeable future

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's certainly not the best talker judging from that interview but he comes across as very passionate and driven. Shades of Tim Sherwood in that - hopefully he doesn't don a gilet though. Until they've managed a few games you can't grade their managerial skills so hopefully everybody will reserve criticism for the time-being.

Good luck to him and Locky.

Edited by NewBlue

I'm warming to Deano;

"In my career, I wasn't the best player but someone once called me 'Ronseal' because I did exactly what it said on the tin. I knew that I was going to go out there and give it everything and work harder than my opponent".

"The fans will get behind the team as they always do and hopefully they will see the players running through brick walls for the shirt".

Edited by BP1960

Guest Stanley30

I want a good young English coach, who is is hungry and who's doing his uefa a badge. Sounds like we have our guy. Don't want another experienced failed manager, let's get a young upcoming guy who will improve with the team. I'm right behind you Deano! Up the latics

I just got round to watching his press video. Interestingly encouraged.

Particular his comments and thoughts on the mental aspect, clearly this team's Achilles heel!!

He simplified issues very well (ie what's in control, out of control) and shifted the subject to a clear, motivational outcome (so we do this,..you do that).

We all know footballers aren't the brightest - you don't need a degree to kick a ball. But even the cleverest folk don't achieve their potential sometimes due to struggles with mental attitude and focus - this is particularly the case with a lot of talented kids at clubs who earn money and get treated like royalty before they've 'made it', and then don't fulfil their potential.

I'll be interested to see how the players respond to this - I think they might; wouldn't surprise me if some didn't get that kind drive from LJ's words.

But the test after that of course will be matching LJ's strengths - player recruitment and tactics. Although the referee shafted us against Doncaster, the way we managed the conditions and totally tactically outdid Donny and Dickov was very impressive. But on the other hand, LJ did now and then produce systems, subs and selections that baffled all of us / maybe the players too!

I want a good young English coach, who is is hungry and who's doing his uefa a badge. Sounds like we have our guy. Don't want another experienced failed manager, let's get a young upcoming guy who will improve with the team. I'm right behind you Deano! Up the latics

If I told you there is a UEFA Pro licence would it blow your mind?