oh well thats me

Only question i have about yesterday was, why was kusunga at cdm and dieng at cb? Surely you'd put them the other way round.

Non league team doing better than that is a bit of an exaggerationn. They had kilkenny, davies and beckford on the bench. I expected to lose, we lost. Move on, stop making a big deal out of nothing. The effort was their, just silly errors cost us and a lack of cutting edge up top

Its hard when your stall its tipped over after 2 minutes, Kusunga actually might have worked in that role but for that disaster. What got me was the persistance with the defensive plan even after going 2 goals down.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't bring myself to watch the highlights.

But Dieng is suspect in the air and looks error-prone as a CB.

He has to play holding midfield, if at all, for me.

But having said that Kusunga man-marking D Johnson seemed a logical enough tactic. Added a bit of height and strength in midfield too.

We didn't create anything, but, although we were going a bit long at times as Preston flooded midfield, we were growing and Poleon was becoming a threatening outlet. We limited them to three shots in the first half I think - it's just that two of them were goals and one hit the bar!

Edited by IceStationLatic

Was that meant to be a joke? Stick to the day job. He and kusunga did ok saturday, just found it confusing that he'd switch them

No, it was me pointing out that Kusunga has played defensive midfield in the Champions League. I think the most likely scenario was that Kusunga was always going to be on the bench, with Dieng and Wilson at CB. When Winchester dropped out on Saturday, presumably due to illness, so at short notice; rather than break up the CB partnership that had been practicing all week in preparation for Saturday by moving Dieng into his more natural DM role, he played Kusunga, who has high-level experience of playing there, into the role.