Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Preston North End 4

Despite 6 key men being out (Elokobi, Mills, Mellis, Winchester, Forte and Wilkinson), that was rubbish.

Slowly starting to worry as we slide down the league... :omg::cry:

Play Off hopes have gone! Here is hoping for top 10! :peepwall:

......................... and #man (Lee Johnson) got a 1-0 win at Gillingham and they go above us :ranting:...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expected the worst to be honest. No harm to Deano but we need someone in as soon as possible. If Deano stays i can see us struggling to get the three wins we need to be safe- the sooner the better, nothing to base my fear in Deano at the helm, just dont think its gonna pay of.

Being the optimist i am i can see two defeats coming as well, hope im completly wrong.

The board need to get their finger out and appoint ASAP next week. Be as decisive as Barnsley with an appointment so they have time to organise the team. A bit of a budget to strengthen too won't go amiss.

Next week will be the measure of the new board members and Corneys commitment.

Absolutely.

Don't appoint a new manager soon and this season will finish off with us sliding rapidly. The club needs a boost big-time and having your ex-manager's coach take the helm isn't something that looks progressive or gives anybody a lift. It extenuates the lull.

Bring somebody in before next week that can talk a good game and get fans and the players going again.

Let's be frank. We have a poor squad and a poor budget.

That makes it x2 0-4s, a 0-3 and a 0-7!

I agree Dean Holden seriously not the answer.

Sadly, I feel he'll probably be left to sink his teeth into management with us. Nothing to base Holdens impending failure at management, can't blame him for today's result. Gut feeling is he'll be crap and we'll lose ever more fans attending.

Hope I'm wrong, really hope I'm wrong.

Pray for Oldham Athletic

Ideally someone on for next Sat, Johnson senior would be a tad ironic.

Even if we do get someone in for Tuesday do we ever beat Port Vale down there, remember them scoring with almost the last kick of the game few years back of Hazels head, they sicken me!!

Even with the injuires etc today, we need a spark from somewhere which a new appointment could bring.

Edited by deckyd

Probably 6 of those missing today would have started. This season was always going to be about getting lucky with injuries.

Can't blame Holden but we need to appoint a personality and motivator as soon as possible. If we get players back and someone to boost them then you never know.

Let's be honest Deano doesn't strike me as having the tactical knowledge to outwit league one opponents...I know today wasn't a fair test against Preston but from his player interview comments of 'work harder than my opponent' and 'run through brick walls' which might be music to fans ears but it's not enough at this level.

We need someone in fast to steady the ship. It is probably the best chance we have to capture someone above our ability before more clubs are managerless in the summer and there is more competition.

Like people say I fear Corney has finally given up all hope for OAFC and he will just go for cheap/easy options and try to find the quickest way out possible!!

You cannot start games as poorly as we have done in the past few weeks and expect to win against any opposition.

To gift a simple set piece goal to a side in good form is criminal.....to do it week after week is just suicidal!!

The ease with which we opened up at the back was disgraceful.....at any level you have to make your opposition beat you - we just seem determined to beat ourselves at present.

That was (for all the huff and puff) an embarassement....unfortunately thats the third or fourth such embarrassment this season.

Injuries or not, that wasn't good enough - we were naive and wasteful in possession, and easier to hit on the counter than a pissed up drunk!!!!

I'm not entirely convinced that LJ has left us any better off than when he started with us. Sure, we're not worse off - but major problems still exist.

I'll be happy with survival in this incredibly bi-polar season.

Mutton dressed as lamb we were under Johnson...he knew our soft underbelly would show in the second half of the season

Can't lay too much of the blame today on holden's shoulders, key players out and players making poor decisions in bad areas. Add to that a keeper who thought we were playing with a bar of soap and a heavy defeat was always on the cards.

Offensively today we had nothing, lumping the long ball forward was never going to get us anywhere.

Forget the play-offs, we're not ready. Mid table is the best we can hope for IMO.

Probably 6 of those missing today would have started. This season was always going to be about getting lucky with injuries.

Can't blame Holden but we need to appoint a personality and motivator as soon as possible. If we get players back and someone to boost them then you never know.

Any amount of motivation wont work these half hearted lightweights.

Can't lay too much of the blame today on holden's shoulders, key players out and players making poor decisions in bad areas. Add to that a keeper who thought we were playing with a bar of soap and a heavy defeat was always on the cards.

Offensively today we had nothing, lumping the long ball forward was never going to get us anywhere.

Forget the play-offs, we're not ready. Mid table is the best we can hope for IMO.

On that showing avoiding relegation is the best we can hope for. The only positive is that lot wont play together again.

I think we all need a moment to compose ourselves.

That wasn't great, granted. But I don't think we were as bad as is being made out. Holden had literally 11 fit outfield professionals to choose from, against one of the best teams in the league, who have only lost to Man Utd in the past god knows how long.

Kean was diabolically bad, but other than that, I don't actually think it was as bad as 4-0. Poleon had his best game, which was a plus, and it's good to see Jacobs get a run out.

George, Mills, Forte, Winchester and Wilko would have all played if they were fit. But they weren't.

Roll on Tuesday, hopefully have Wilko and Forte back.