Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Preston North End 4

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A poor performance without doubt, but we have had a few of them this season and the measure I have judged the side in is that we have bounced back from them.

Why worries me is that is 3 on the bounce with no goals scored and very few shots of any genuinely threatening nature.

For the first time since the December patch I feel that we are in trouble of having a bit of a sticky patch.

Feel that a new face is needed not an appointment from within.

No.

x2 4-0s, a 3-0 and a 7-0 for shows we are that bad. No real belief / guidance highlighted by the lack of any leadership.

Roll on new owners with some capital, not next game co it's just gonna carry on being bad.

Sorry, this is just the way it is!

I sympathise for the fans that were there today and maybe the reason why I don't feel so bad is because I didn't witness it first hand.

But I think today only showed that we aren't good enough to mix it with the promotion chasers when we are at a low ebb. The next 2 games will be the true test of this squad and what they're about. Lose both or score in neither and an overhaul will certainly be needed.

I think we all need a moment to compose ourselves.

That wasn't great, granted. But I don't think we were as bad as is being made out. Holden had literally 11 fit outfield professionals to choose from, against one of the best teams in the league, who have only lost to Man Utd in the past god knows how long.

Kean was diabolically bad, but other than that, I don't actually think it was as bad as 4-0. Poleon had his best game, which was a plus, and it's good to see Jacobs get a run out.

George, Mills, Forte, Winchester and Wilko would have all played if they were fit. But they weren't.

Roll on Tuesday, hopefully have Wilko and Forte back.

No excuses, the side that started should have been at the very least been competitive.

Let's be frank. We have a poor squad and a poor budget.

That makes it x2 0-4s, a 0-3 and a 0-7!

I agree Dean Holden seriously not the answer.

Sadly, I feel he'll probably be left to sink his teeth into management with us. Nothing to base Holdens impending failure at management, can't blame him for today's result. Gut feeling is he'll be crap and we'll lose ever more fans attending.

Hope I'm wrong, really hope I'm wrong.

Pray for Oldham Athletic

Funny, Isn't it, how you never post on here until some thing negative happens across all threads. Did you even go today?

Whether anyone comes in with a boat load of cash or not, we are still goverened by the FFP, so we can't just go chucking money around as most of us would wish. That is the hard truth, so we have to get this lot upping their games again. We didn't reach 5th by being rubbish, so something has gone wrong in the last few weeks that needs addressing fast. It's OK saying get a new manager in by next week; we need applicants first, then interviews, then offer a contract. Unless, of course, we started lining some bugger up the minute LJ said he was going to piss off and take TW with him.

A motivator is all holden and Lockwood are IMO need some brains behind the Sparta war cries

When I said motivator I was thinking Dowie. Holden has come across well and in different circumstances Id be ok with him being given the rest of the season. But id rather have someone from the outside to try and boost everyone.

Dowie would be my choice to come in and galvanise the squad and fans.

Whether he'd even be interested or affordable i have no idea.

Poleon, Kelly, Brown......... the rest of the starting 11 were :censored:e.

Kelly was poor I thought. Was impressed with Dieng but that shower of :censored:e James Wilson next to him didn't help. Clearly has his eye on a move in the summer. Been rubbish for months now

No excuses, the side that started should have been at the very least been competitive.

Yup, I agree. I think a few took this as a "freebie" game and thought they could mask poor effort with the week's events.

That said, the tactics were unidentifiable. It was shambolic at times. A new manager is definitely needed.

On paper, we were playing a miles better team, but we didn't half shoot ourselves in the foot with our strategy and attitude.

On a lighter note - Poleon did alright. If he learnt to not overdo it every single time, all hope might not be lost on him.

Edited by JoeP

I was praying for a least a draw but deep down I thought we would loose simple on injuries alone, PNE didn't batter us they just took 4 chances.

We have about 6 players out, think it's a case of looking at the games we can win, damage limitation until we can players back fit or get some new blood in.

Hope we can kick on with port vale and Yeovil next week and I was hoping to thrash Barnsley but I'll take a point and a chance at rotten tomatoe throwing at the one who should not be named.

Oh well

Kelly was poor I thought. Was impressed with Dieng but that shower of :censored:e James Wilson next to him didn't help. Clearly has his eye on a move in the summer. Been rubbish for months now

Well it wasn't you sat near me in the Chaddy at the back. From minute 1 he was laying into Dieng, personally I think he has got a bit about him. But as for our keeper today, the less said the better.

Is James Wilson the most fragile player at the club?

He's no leader, that's for sure. It doesn't take much for him to lose confidence and form and you don't want him anywhere near a struggling team. The player we saw when he arrived isn't the same one of the past 4 months.

Our bipolar nature is probably a symptom of having players that are very confidence dictated

Edited by NewBlue

At the risk of sounding like a happy clapper, i didn't think it was terrible, merely poor. They were gifted 3 goals ( I thought Wilson was fouled for the second). You cant do that especially against clinical opposition. That being said i thought we got better as the first half progressed, Poleon played well and caused them problems. The major disappointment for me was the fact preston seemed to want the ball more.