Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Preston North End 4

Is James Wilson the most fragile player at the club?

He's no leader, that's for sure. It doesn't take much for him to lose confidence and form and you don't want him anywhere near a struggling team. The player we saw when he arrived isn't the same one of the past 4 months.

Lockwood in for J Wilson.the other Wilson can go too.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Dean's post match interview. Feel for the bloke a little as it was a baptism of fire but he didn't sound particularly convincing I must admit. Hope he gets the players in the right frame of mind for Tuesday.

Also I did get a bit nauseas watching him, he barely stops swaying!

At the risk of sounding like a happy clapper, i didn't think it was terrible, merely poor. They were gifted 3 goals ( I thought Wilson was fouled for the second). You cant do that especially against clinical opposition. That being said i thought we got better as the first half progressed, Poleon played well and caused them problems. The major disappointment for me was the fact preston seemed to want the ball more.

All teams who want it more will beat this bunch. No need for theories and tactics, just get at us and we fold.

Edited by BP1960

We seem to have a problem with hamstrings which suggests there is something wrong with the fitness training. Jacobs was feeling his towards the end and Kusunga appeared to go off with cramp.

Kean has got steadily worse and should have done better on three of the goals. For the second Wilson was clearly fouled. And yes there should also have been a penalty for guiding the ball out of play with the arm.

We were as good as I expected but once again the small size of our players is not made up by better skill. I suppose also Preston knew that had it in the bag after the first goal and our players knew it was a lost cause.

Where will we get the three wins we need to guarantee safety?

Confidence is so crucial in all teams - extra touches,instinct is ignored for safe options and it spreads.

We look pretty much shot today - a few individual moments (poleon,brown,kelly in phases and dieng who looked ok first half) but its wasted if your team mates are taking the safe option - nobody getting in the box and overplaying at the back (like a poor mans barcelona) general play today was way too slow.

Well another 6 hours of my life gone from leaving home to getting back .

A glass of Merlot in hand and I feel better than 4.45

Terrible defending for all goals , one shot on target, tactical disorganisation ....roll on Tuesday .

I actually thought Latics played with purpose in the first half, looked committed and up for it, but giving two soft goals away , and then a third with Prestons first foray in the second half, seemed to totally deflate them.

Some terrible individual performances I'm afraid - Kean, J Wilson, Philiskirk notably . But poleon looked a pacy hard worker , brown put in a shift...the rest pretty anonymous.

Dean Holden ? Baffled how he kept Philly on. Perhaps he didn't notice he was on the pitch...

Edited by LaticsPete

We looked pretty disorganised today and it got more desperate as the game went on. Don't think Holden will be the man for us long-term. Poleon looked decent down the wing and he tried hard but we created very little. Some of the goals we conceded were shambolic.

LJ has set the benchmark in terms of preparation, we should be looking for someone similar to that, whether they are experienced or not. We aren't going down and the new manager will have enough time to get used to the club and plan for next season.

I hope we have someone in charge before the 14th March.

Crowd was interesting today. Just drifted away towards the end like an injured cat with not even the energy to boo! Some will stay away so all the good work has been lost in a moment.

We knew it wasn't the players or Deano at fault. We have all been dumped by Johnson. I couldn't even get up the energy to drink more than a pint after the game.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I feel like this club has ripped my heart out and stomped all over it this week, with today being the cherry on the icing on top of the cake...

that sounded.....melodramatic

understand your feeling mind...

When did James Wilson become a clogger? How many times did we see him hoof it to Philly Poleon and their defender just head it back

Make no bones about it, we've been a hoofball team for a while now.

Ever since Johnson learnt that the passing wasn't working and we brought in Jabo we've been an ugly side

He simply has to.

I'd think Kusunga will be fit to start, so a back-four of:

Kusunga, Wilson, Dieng and Brown will probably be OK, i didn't see an injury to B. Wilson either so he might be fit to start too.

Lockwood played like a man who's legs went months ago and hasn't played since.