Corney + New Director on GMR Monday 18:00

Hopefully, in time, a number of people on this board will realise their crass comments towards Johnson were a bit on the silly side.

Doubtful. We have now had LJ say he doesnt want to go and SC saying that he sold him. On OWTB this logically equates to LJ applying for every job going and forcing his way out. That kind of mind just cant process the real world.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selective denseness from many people. LJ wasnt 'a jumped up gob:censored:e applying for loads of jobs' SC actually confirms that he finally sold LJ to barnsley. LJ didnt lie to us, it really was 'up to the board' if they wanted to pack him off to some minging club that is no better than his current one. Selecting quotes from LJ press conf at his new minging club is utter stupidity, hes already told us he doesnt want to leave. He is not gona sit down and say 'hi new minging fans, I didnt want to be here but please like me' is he??

SC is in no rush to appoint a new manager, well Im in no rush to pay full league price for what is effectively now a six month spell of worthless games with no ambition and no end goal. Way to kill our best hope in years SC.

For years ive heard what I believed to be a silly argument that 'SC doesnt want promotion' I still dont buy it, but it has more credence now...

Give us a cup of what your on!

Johnson applied for more than 3 other jobs....there you go I've said it....Johnson made it clear that he wanted to progress up the ladder as quickly as possible and was going to push any move through. SC backed LJ over Evans, Backed him in January, Backed him with a new contract et al all in the hope to hang onto him for as long as possible and hope to use that loyalty to him to keep him beyond the end of the season.

Johnson made it clear that he wanted out whether it be Brighton, Barnsley or elsewhere......his father was also touting his name around to anyone who would listen.

If you cant see that its not because it s not there its because you dont want to see it

Johnson reminds me very much of Steve Bruce when he started out as manager........would move at the drop of a hat only it doesnt always work out for the best

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Give us a cup of what your on!

Johnson applied for more than 3 other jobs....there you go I've said it....Johnson made it clear that he wanted to progress up the ladder as quickly as possible and was going to push any move through. SC backed LJ over Evans, Backed him in January, Backed him with a new contract et al all in the hope to hang onto him for as long as possible and hope to use that loyalty to him to keep him beyond the end of the season.

Johnson made it clear that he wanted out whether it be Brighton, Barnsley or elsewhere......his father was also touting his name around to anyone who would listen.

If you cant see that its not because it s not there its because you dont want to see it

Johnson reminds me very much of Steve Bruce when he started out as manager........would move at the drop of a hat only it doesnt always work out for the best

I just don't see how SC would allow somebody to operate in such a way for so long, and leave at such a time, without at least dropping one clue for us to follow. Usually, he would just say it. On this ocassion he repeatedly praises LJ and even alludes to the big club guff. IMO because he sold him.

In a weird way, hearing SC discuss it, both hardened my view but softened my pain in that he sounds like he has got a plan, but we have to wait to see its fruit. So I will.

I just don't see how SC would allow somebody to operate in such a way for so long, and leave at such a time, without at least dropping one clue for us to follow. Usually, he would just say it. On this ocassion he repeatedly praises LJ and even alludes to the big club guff. IMO because he sold him.

In a weird way, hearing SC discuss it, both hardened my view but softened my pain in that he sounds like he has got a plan, but we have to wait to see its fruit. So I will.

Football people are all firmly lodged up each other's arses and do everything in their power to remain there, just in case.

Apart from Joey Barton

SC is in New York too much for this to happen now.

I'm someone that would thank Simon for what he has done BUT why does it take an appearance on a radio show for him to explain what has gone on?

My trust in Lee Johnson was badly placed. He is all for one and one for one. Simon seeing that what he had was what he expected to get when he signed Johnson negotiated a four year contract which increased the compensation payable should Johnson want to move. Johnson was not pushed he jumped but it was his right under the terms of the so called four year contract for him to speak to suitors and to go if they paid the compensation. I still now think he is a little :censored: because he made so many two faced comments and because of what he has said since. I'm also disappointed that he did not stand up to be counted on the Ched Evans mess and actually say he wanted to sign the player.

I am also disappointed with Simon. He needs to be more open. We are told Johnson has agreed a four year contract. As a Johnson fan I'm delighted but that was not the whole truth as Johnson could leave whenever it suited him. And leave at the worst possible moment he has - the little :censored:!

I'm someone that would thank Simon for what he has done BUT why does it take an appearance on a radio show for him to explain what has gone on?

My trust in Lee Johnson was badly placed. He is all for one and one for one. Simon seeing that what he had was what he expected to get when he signed Johnson negotiated a four year contract which increased the compensation payable should Johnson want to move. Johnson was not pushed he jumped but it was his right under the terms of the so called four year contract for him to speak to suitors and to go if they paid the compensation. I still now think he is a little :censored: because he made so many two faced comments and because of what he has said since. I'm also disappointed that he did not stand up to be counted on the Ched Evans mess and actually say he wanted to sign the player.

I am also disappointed with Simon. He needs to be more open. We are told Johnson has agreed a four year contract. As a Johnson fan I'm delighted but that was not the whole truth as Johnson could leave whenever it suited him. And leave at the worst possible moment he has - the little :censored:!

I always thought a contract being signed would be on the basis of both parties getting what they sought, otherwise there is no point in having one!

It seems that OAFC Ltd agreed to sign a contract giving them nothing but a potential liability of 4 years salary but recompense of slighly below the cost of 1 Poleon in other words just above sweet FA!

He said 20 or 30 years ago. 20ish years ago is correct...

er, we were in the Premier League. Those levels of crowds were short lived. To suggest it was the norm was bogus.

I've checked... in the 30 years since 1984 we have averaged more than 10k just 4 times, the year before promotion and the prem years. On the other hand, we have averaged less than 6k on 16 occasions.