Full credit to him.

It says a lot about his character to pick himself up after the weekend and produce what sounds like an excellent performance.

It is a point worth making that there might have been less organisational work for him to do with Lockwood on the pitch, and for those who were there a deeper defensive line?

Fair play and I hope he uses the performance as a springboard!!

A defense containing Wilson lockwood and brown keeps yet another clean sheet. Don't take my brown, my Connor connor brown

Was superb tonight. Claimed absolutely everything and pulled of some tidy saves.

I suppose having someone like Lockwood in front of you helps, but still....

Radio Stoke said he looked shaky and stayed rooted to the line.

And then spent half an hour of second half commentary describing him claiming numerous corners and crosses!

He looked a bit shaky 1st half and was a bit fortunate with one of their corners which he flapped at. Second half he was immense. He's a young lad, will make mistakes and have the odd horror show. Definitely got talent though and to come out with that second half performance shows some character too. Likely to be a good un given time.

Radio Stoke said he looked shaky and stayed rooted to the line.

I'd have to agree with them. First half he didn't look confident at all, too many balls played in and around the 6 yard box which were his to claim yet he stayed rooted to his line and caused our defence real problems. Second half was slightly better as he dealt with 3 or 4 crosses but I was worried every time Vale put a cross in to be honest. They caused us alot of problems from crosses and it was clear this was a weakness their manager had highlighted to them pre match. Very nervy from corners aswell with a fantastic clearance off the line by Connor Brown (I think). All in all i think we were lucky not to be punished last night

he is class, his shot stopping is 2nd to non. Every top keeper has a bad game where everything goes wrong. Im glad it happened on Saturday against Preston as it was a game which we had little chance of winning due to injuries.

Lets get behind him