£100 season tickets

I'm liking the positivity and the the throwing out of ideas.

The club has a new CRM am system, surely they can contact people now and register interest if not then take up the other options discussed on here.

It's possibly one of the only plausible/realistic ways we can get out of this fair play crap and out of this division if we are all in it. I'd take at least two adults

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...yet understand Corbey can only honour it on a guarantee of 7,000 paying up...a bit chicken an egg but a retro discount or up front deposit is certainly a way of bridging it...

We just don't have a great reputation for marketing things too well...I know Corney had a go at the Colchester offer not getting many fans. But I only heard about it the Monday before the game so not sure if it was poorly advertised or short notice but Most of my mates thy weren't going already had valentines day plans!!

Just got home so not up to date up with this topic and tonights radio programme but my question is

Would we be able to persuade local business to buy a number of season tickets for staff, clients etc?

That would be the job of the commercial/marketing team to take to local businesses/schools and get sign ups...ideally with added incentives for bulk bookings...doesn't have to cost us the earth but could be low cost like a player takes a pe lesson or some free advertising on programmes etc

100 quid season ticket and if we sell 7000 all good

6000 and it's a pound entry every game with your season ticket (£6000 extra per game)

(£138,000 a season)

5000 and it's £2 (2 x 5000 = £10000 per game extra) (£230,000 per season)

4000 and it's £3 a game (3 x 4000 = £12,000per game)

(£276,000 per season)

** based on all season ticket holder going every game.

100 quid season ticket and if we sell 7000 all good

6000 and it's a pound entry every game with your season ticket (£6000 extra per game)

(£138,000 a season)

5000 and it's £2 (2 x 5000 = £10000 per game extra) (£230,000 per season)

4000 and it's £3 a game (3 x 4000 = £12,000per game)

(£276,000 per season)

** based on all season ticket holder going every game.

I like that idea in principle £100 for a season ticket then after the number of people signed up topped up by a minimal pay on the day contribution to balance the books... The problem is again there is no guarantee all season ticket holders will turn up even if £2 or £3 on the day...especially as a lot of people may buy £100 season tickets if only planning on attending 10 games a season

I like that idea in principle £100 for a season ticket then after the number of people signed up topped up by a minimal pay on the day contribution to balance the books... The problem is again there is no guarantee all season ticket holders will turn up even if £2 or £3 on the day...especially as a lot of people may buy £100 season tickets if only planning on attending 10 games a season

Plus, even taking the current 2400 number now and them paying £100, then at say £5 per game for each of them when they produce their season ticket at the turnstiles, that's only £360,000 which would be a financial disaster for Corney.

I understand your point but I think a problem is fundermentally cost if more people have a season ticket more will turn up (to games they wouldn't normally) because it's already paid for rather than have to spend £22 on a Tuesday night to watch oldham v Crawley or something like that. Half the reason I don't go to as many as I could is cost and not having £22 quid spare every week and that's whiteout a pint or a pie.

The misses would be getting a season ticket to at that price I could imagine that quite a few of us would buy more than 1

Buy two get two free?

(£350 each).

Would that not just mean plenty of those who currently pay full price for ST's now just get together in a group to effectively get cheaper ones, thus not actually increasing numbers too much.

Might be hard to find groups of 4 stayaways to look at this deal and think "yeah, go on then"?

Its easy. 2400 ST holders all buy three each and flog two to friends for 50 quid. Seriously, the idea of a discounted ticket could generate enough interest if marketed correctly. Mark Moisley hope you are taking notes, publicise and guage interest - set something up to allow fans to register interest (7000 = £100; 6000= £150; 5000 = £200 and so on). If 5000 dont register, normal prices resume.

Buy two get two free?

(£350 each).

Would that not just mean plenty of those who currently pay full price for ST's now just get together in a group to effectively get cheaper ones, thus not actually increasing numbers too much.

Might be hard to find groups of 4 stayaways to look at this deal and think "yeah, go on then"?

It's an intriguing one around what "customer" behaviour it would generate.

Doubtless there would be some cannibalisation of existing sales and that has to be expected.

Families might choose to use their free allocation on one for Grandad and one for son, so the cost of the freebies is less to the club. It might increase family attendances too - bringing more women into the ground. It would hopefully appeal to the Asian community in a way that hasn't been seen before.

Groups of friends where some lost the Latics bug years ago might suddenly be reunited at Boundary Park - the two for two dynamic persuading two stay always to persuade each other to jump back on board and go halves with their mates.

I'm not saying it's a guaranteed winner. But there might just be something in it.

Edited by opinions4u

It's an intriguing one around what "customer" behaviour it would generate.

Doubtless there would be some cannibalisation of existing sales and that has to be expected.

Families might choose to use their free allocation on one for Grandad and one for son, so the cost of the freebies is less to the club. It might increase family attendances too - bringing more women into the ground. It would hopefully appeal to the Asian community in a way that hasn't been seen before.

Groups of friends where some lost the Latics bug years ago might suddenly be reunited at Boundary Park - the two for two dynamic persuading two stay always to persuade each other to jump back on board and go halves with their mates.

I'm not saying it's a guaranteed winner. But there might just be something in it.

Similar to what has been previously mentioned, how's about this:

Advertise STs at an up front £100

It also requires a fee to POTD which varies on the opponent. So cat A games would be an additional £5 and cat B would be £2.50. For arguments sake if we split the A and B in half over the 23 home games it's around £3.75 per game give or take.

Even if just 3500 people buy STs, that would total £350k up front, and then just over £301k on POTD sales. That's not including not ST holders who would have to pay standard POTD prices, not reduced rates specifically for ST holders.

If we got 4000, it'd be even more.

I'd happily pay £2.50/£5 per game in addition to an up front £100. It works out cheaper over the season anyway and may not leave Corney out of pocket if we managed 4000+?

Edited by sjk2008

Rememeber something being mentioned a few seasons back. Personally i think we can get 3,000 adults and 2,000 junior ones offer the fans something back rather than shooting ourselves in the foot.

Edited by Forte_Baby

one thing is clear, the idea of a discounted ST offer has generated a positive response on here including those who do not currently have one. With good and careful marketing from the club and local media, this could work and become a viable option to get the fans bacK and any increase in support has to be good for the club. If they buy a pie, a programme and, God forbid, enjoy the experience, maybe they will come back the following season. Got to be worth trying to get this idea off the ground.

Rememeber something being mentioned a few seasons back. Personally i think 3,000 adults and 2,000 junior ones offer the fans something back rather than shooting ourselves in the foot.

I know you love the club, but £3000 for a season ticket is taking the piss a bit, Tom. :wink:

It also requires a fee to POTD which varies on the opponent. So cat A games would be an additional £5 and cat B would be £2.50. For arguments sake if we split the A and B in half over the 23 home games it's around £3.75 per game give or take.

Even if just 3500 people buy STs, that would total £350k up front, and then just over £301k on POTD sales. That's not including not ST holders who would have to pay standard POTD prices, not reduced rates specifically for ST holders.

I'd happily pay £2.50/£5 per game in addition to an up front £100. It works out cheaper over the season anyway and may not leave Corney out of pocket if we managed 4000+?

Yea pretty sure this system would work....this could even form a back up plan to if we fell short of an initial "if we get 7,000 fans it's £100 rate campaign. Therefore encouraging all fans to not request their £100 back.

Yea pretty sure this system would work....this could even form a back up plan to if we fell short of an initial "if we get 7,000 fans it's £100 rate campaign. Therefore encouraging all fans to not request their £100 back.

And the other thing to consider with this suggestion is that the main reasons people won't watch us at the moment is because they either dont feel its worth forking out £300 up front at the start of the season, or that people don't have £23 in their pockets come Tuesday or Saturday to spend every week.

Paying just £100 up front would be much more appealing, and realistic, and then it's more likely they'll also fancy it on the day knowing they've paid an up front cost already and will likely have a fiver sitting on their mantelpiece or in their jeans pocket from the weekend.

There could be mileage in it. I would prefer something a little less complex. Hopefully the great minds on this board can find an economically sustainable straight forward proposition!

Paying just £100 up front would be much more appealing, and realistic, and then it's more likely they'll also fancy it on the day knowing they've paid an up front cost already and will likely have a fiver sitting on their mantelpiece or in their jeans pocket from the weekend.

Interesting ... Edited by opinions4u

I reckon we would sell more than 7000, I can't go to all games because of shifts, my son doesn't always have sufficient funds at certain times and prefers away games anyway, likewise a friend of his too, there's 3 sold.

There will be plenty in a similar situation.... The only negative factor I can see is that not everybody with a ST will go or be able to go to every game and that kind of defeats the objective of filling the ground.