£100 season tickets

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the initial price is lower and we end up selling thousands of more season tickets yet taking Slightly less money or breaking even on the current 2400 sales, it's a good thing because the key to any business is footfall the more people in the ground = more money being spent by them people.

Which could lead to us having to increase orders for things like pies again this would give us more negotiation with the supplier because we would be shifting a lot more.

I will put my neck on the line and say if we got 7000 sales an had a similar season to this every single home game would be a bigger attendence than this season.

I wonder if Simon will give me one for free for starting this thread lol (a season ticket that is)

The key is footfall, but not at an unsustainable admission price. You've completely missed the point of footfall if you think you can knock your main revenue generating activity down by 2/3rds and that you will recoup it from increased take up and side-sales - you need to think about the fact that the main revenue generator (gate money) creates very little in the way of additional cost as sales increase (less than £1 per person I'd guess for stewards, gate men, plod etc) but at low admission price levels that additional cost starts to eat into the receipts. The side-sales (food/beer/programmes/lottery etc) all have significant service/provisions costs - staff/ingredients/production) and therefore have lower profit.

Are we really saying that we only value football at £4 and a bit a game? Really?

Start with what you think would be a reasonable fair price - I've picked £10 a game - do people think that's too high for an adult?

It is still £4 a game more than the stayaways/casual fans pay currently... To a fan already committed and a frequent attender it seems like daylight robbery but even at £10 a game (£220( it is too much up front to a fan that might decide to go to between 0-10 games a season....he may as well pay on the day when it suits.

Attendances should be up next year based on how the league tables look across the divisions at the minute...!

Blackpool - Wigan - Millwall Coming down from Championship

Burton - Shrewsbury - Wycombe - (Possibly Bury in Play Offs) coming up from League 2

Bristol City - MK Dons - (Possibly Swindon) Promoted from League 1

Leyton Orient - Crawley - Colchester - Yeovil Going down from League 1

Attendances should be up next year based on how the league tables look across the divisions at the minute...!

Blackpool - Wigan - Millwall Coming down from Championship

Burton - Shrewsbury - Wycombe - (Possibly Bury in Play Offs) coming up from League 2

Bristol City - MK Dons - (Possibly Swindon) Promoted from League 1

Leyton Orient - Crawley - Colchester - Yeovil Going down from League 1

When does the PLastics parachute money run out? Just seen 4 years, so end of 16-17 season, though ONLY £9m next season if relegated.

IIRC that is 9x ours.

(Suprised Johnson didn't hang on a bit)

So 2 seasons in League 2 and then their Prem money has been spent.

13- 14 £23m

14- 15 £18m

15- 16 £9m

16- 17 £9m

Incidentally, Blackpools are

16,16,8,8 so they are on £8m nex season and that is it. for them.

Edited by singe

Just seen a "match day experience" package at Old Trafford for that lots game against Spurs, it costs £100. Alright it includes a meal and drinks etc. but it would be amazing if we could offer 23 matches for that very same price.

£100 for a PL game, a probably decent meal and a free bar is actually not that bad value. I know quite a few Latics fans who could do a decent % of that £100 in the bar alone

so this : to register your interest you deposit £100 with latics (re fundable if the price increases and you are not happy to go ahead )

7000 sales = £100 season ticket

5000 sales = £ 200 st

4000 sales = £250 st

3000 sales or less £330 st

latics keep any interest earned on deposits

no concessions on the £100 season ticket

match day prices £22 and same for away fans

discuss

so this : to register your interest you deposit £100 with latics (re fundable if the price increases and you are not happy to go ahead )

7000 sales = £100 season ticket

5000 sales = £ 200 st

4000 sales = £250 st

3000 sales or less £330 st

latics keep any interest earned on deposits

no concessions on the £100 season ticket

match day prices £22 and same for away fans

discuss

This concept Was discussed earlier in the thread Graham... Corney has mentioned that his issue with 7,000 fans and £100 season ticket is based on needing the 7,000 to turn up every game otherwise it doesn't stack up commercially. He can only do 7,000 for £100 based on those 7,000 spending on all the facilities on match days. Not guaranteed and unlikely in honesty.

If we get promoted we'll piss 7,000 season ticket holders next year...

Afraid you have to get realistic , we will never get 7000 S/T holders , even i suspect with a £100 offer.

We can only just get over half that amount on a £5 offer game.

We can't even get that many for a home game in the play offs last time we were there !!!!!!

Football is a slowly dying game regards attendances and people have far more other interests than spending Saturday afternoon watching football.

The absolute best Latics can hope for these days is promotion to the championship which will bring in 4/5000 S/T holders if were lucky plus the away followings.

In a few years time even premier league clubs will be struggling regards attendances and prices will drop to £10 - 15 per game which will of course be subsidised by the obscene amount of money that Sky and the others are pouring into the game.

I can even see in years to come when the current crop of supporters has died out and nobody is filling the dead mans shoes that sky will be handing out free tickets to get people to fill the stadiums.

These clubs wont care because they will still be getting £100 Mill + per season for finishing bottom !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this did have legs at some point.

However recent results and performances and board level decisions have quashed any chance of this being successful.

Agreed the club will strike when the irons are cold...the horse has well and truely bolted on this one