1954 at Rochdale

Just noticed the attendance at Spotland last night was 1954. Now I know ours are nothing to write home about these days, but they are in the most successful spell in the clubs history! Truly shocking turn out that.

I expect about 800 to come to BP in a few weeks based on that.

If anyone has had a bad day, turn to their forum for a right good laugh. Them 'lot' (emphasis on the lot given the fact there is so few of them) aren't half deluded. Not only don't they own their own ground or have an accountable training ground, do they forget where they have been the last 40-50 years? Makes for hilarious reading! They are a nothing club! Look forward to the 3 figure away following they bring to us in march.

Night matches are a disaster for lots of clubs. Lots of fans can't be bothered after a hard days work. Many more can't abide the travelling, which includes home and away fans. Accringtons home gate last week against the top of the league was 919. It makes you wonder how they survive on gates like that. I think that we will be lucky if Rochdale bring 500 .

They really do hold against us what happened back in November don't they. I'm not saying the crowd trouble was right but you'd think we had napalm bombed the town the way they go on.

Edited by 4froale

Night matches are a disaster for lots of clubs. Lots of fans can't be bothered after a hard days work. Many more can't abide the travelling, which includes home and away fans. Accringtons home gate last week against the top of the league was 919. It makes you wonder how they survive on gates like that. I think that we will be lucky if Rochdale bring 500 .

We did take 3600 to Spotland for the league cup game though remember and that was midweek.

I do take your general point about midweek attendances though.

If anyone has had a bad day, turn to their forum for a right good laugh. Them 'lot' (emphasis on the lot given the fact there is so few of them) aren't half deluded. Not only don't they own their own ground or have an accountable training ground, do they forget where they have been the last 40-50 years? Makes for hilarious reading! They are a nothing club!

Hilarious they dont even own their ground. Mind you, we dont own ours either

They really do hold against us what happened back in November don't they. I'm not saying the crowd trouble was right but you'd think we had napalm bombed the town the way they go on.

Heaven help them if they ever play one of the big city clubs in an important game! They'd be too scared to leave their houses for a week if they think we are trouble makers haha Edited by ghostofcecere

You know I would quite like to get a rivalry going with Rochdale but I'm really struggling to dislike them.

Rochdale are the most inoffensive club in the country and Oldham fans lording over them is like the short fat kid at school lording it over the disabled kid at school because he beat him in the egg and spoon race on school sports day. Forever in our shadow really!

They are not city or United but not many clubs are. They don't have an obnoxious element of fans like Leeds or burnley. They don't have illusions of grandeur like a Huddersfield or Wigan hell even tranmere had enough scamps in their fan base for me to muster up a dislike and Ronnie Moore.

I want to dislike them but I feel they need to be more successful than us for me to do that.

You know I would quite like to get a rivalry going with Rochdale but I'm really struggling to dislike them.

Rochdale are the most inoffensive club in the country and Oldham fans lording over them is like the short fat kid at school lording it over the disabled kid at school because he beat him in the egg and spoon race on school sports day. Forever in our shadow really!

They are not city or United but not many clubs are. They don't have an obnoxious element of fans like Leeds or burnley. They don't have illusions of grandeur like a Huddersfield or Wigan hell even tranmere had enough scamps in their fan base for me to muster up a dislike and Ronnie Moore.

I want to dislike them but I feel they need to be more successful than us for me to do that.

Started off well then ruined it with that last sentence