Luke Woodland in from Bolton

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kelly is out for a month and Winchester on international duty for 2 games, I guess we need some more............ I can't help thinking it's sending a boy in to do a man's job tomorrow though.

It most definitely is. However, we can't afford a man to do the mans job!

Well tickle my helmet and call me daddy. A real statement of intent. One month loan, near the play offs, now or never.....

And we sign someone who has never played in the 1st team. Christ.

Every player has to start somewhere Clifford, who do you propose we should have signed with no money to do so?

Hadn't heard about Kelly and Irish Socrates. Even more screwed for Saturday, so it be. Would tumping us actually be more humiliating for Johnson?

This really is the sort of :censored: signing that says you're resigned to finishing bottom half that is so archetypal of the past 6 or so dire seasons. Exactly the symptom of why fans would be prepared to risk relegation to have a manager like Gattuso just to see a bit of excitement for once in a while...

Bit harsh on the lad to be the one who has to come in at this time, and I hope he does well. It's just coming to grips with how a season that promised more than any had for a while will end the same way the rest did.

Edited by NewBlue

Every player has to start somewhere Clifford, who do you propose we should have signed with no money to do so?

Yes dead right - the kid seems to have some pedigree having been an England Youth player- let's hope come the hour, come the boy. I wish him all the luck and hope the crowd take to him for a good debut.

I am in a time zone 10 hrs ahead of UK for the game and will have to find out how we did the morning after so fingers crossed the Oldham we love turns out and puts in a showing.

Who's got no money? I'm sure LJ and Tommy aren't on the wage bill anymore. No reason we couldn't have got someone decent in as one last very short term go at it.

Who's got no money? I'm sure LJ and Tommy aren't on the wage bill anymore. No reason we couldn't have got someone decent in as one last very short term go at it.

Us. We have no money.

Who is your 'someone decent' ?

Have a go at what? We are a million to finish in the top 6, anyone with a brain knows that.

Us. We have no money.

Have a go at what? We are a million to finish in the top 6, anyone with a brain knows that.

But as Cliff rightly pointed out....we have the wages of LJ and TW to delve into.

There are plenty of better options out there.

Look at the table. We are still in it.

Us. We have no money.

We haven't got enough money to cover the loan of an experienced midfielder for a month? Bollocks.

If the club has given up why sign the new players? Our best two players are out and we are within a decent run of the play offs. Either go for it or play Mellor and the kids. Glad I'm not going Saturday, clearly thrown in the towel.

But as Cliff rightly pointed out....we have the wages of LJ and TW to delve into.

They backed the manager in Jan - Kean won't have come cheap, neither will Mellis or Wilkinson, 2.5 year deal for Murphy, bids turned down for Forte and A.N Other.

They backed the manager in Jan - Kean won't have come cheap, neither will Mellis or Wilkinson, 2.5 year deal for Murphy, bids turned down for Forte and A.N Other.

FFP wouldn't have allowed us to sign said players if we couldn't afford them.

There are two wages off the books and we have brought in a kid on probably £100 a week.

Hadn't heard about Kelly and Irish Socrates. Even more screwed for Saturday, so it be. Would tumping us actually be more humiliating for Johnson?

This really is the sort of :censored: signing that says you're resigned to finishing bottom half that is so archetypal of the past 6 or so dire seasons. Exactly the symptom of why fans would be prepared to risk relegation to have a manager like Gattuso just to see a bit of excitement for once in a while...

Bit harsh on the lad to be the one who has to come in at this time, and I hope he does well. It's just coming to grips with how a season that promised more than any had for a while will end the same way the rest did.

Though not half as harsh as calling him a :censored: signing 24 hours before he's played for the club.

I doubt Dean Holden and Adam Lockwood will be doing their new roles for the same money as their old ones though.