going to crewe?

The 18:11 didn't leave Crewe until 18:25, then spent 20 minutes idle at Wilmslow and 40 minutes at Stockport for BTP to turn up to arrest one teenager. Got into Piccadilly at about 20:10, having been due in at 18:44, a near 300% delay.

If you were causing trouble on that train, I hope you get banned for life.

Was that a Virgin service?

Remember to claim.

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/contact/?reload=delayclaim

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teenager was then unarrested bacause belive it or not a middle age man shouting "am FYC I'll kill you all" was being abusive and threatening towards him!

Got out of hand but it wasn't any of the young lads being violent thy was singing someone took offence to a song and rather than say right lads you gone to far starTed throwing punches and threatening young lads!!

After warning him the police were on the station and to calm down because he may get arrested I was then hit in the mouth!

So all that for a grand total of no arrests, BTP are a joke.

I never trust rail replacement busses. I got on one once going back to Glossop which stopped at Ashburys when there was a Citeh game on and they left about 200 City fans stranded. As funny as that may seem to some they would have almost certainly done the same to us yesterday. So I went via Warrington and had no real bother

Correct, I've used them before. You're entitled to some sort of compensation, regardless of train company - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/72098.aspx

Yes, they can be used on all uk train journeys

You get 50% if between 30 and 59 minutes delayed and 100% for more than 60 minutes, and are valid for 12 months

Take a photo of the ticket and upload it to the delay repay link, should get the vouchers within 2 weeks

I've had some delays on the virgin route to euston and using them to get a return trip to Wembley for me and my son on Friday this week

Friend of mine claims for every single delay. He took his wife on John O'Groats to Lands End on a 1st Class sleeper with the proceeds

It was a nice little earner on business funded open peak returns to London!

Edited by opinions4u

The teenager was then unarrested bacause belive it or not a middle age man shouting "am FYC I'll kill you all" was being abusive and threatening towards him!

Got out of hand but it wasn't any of the young lads being violent thy was singing someone took offence to a song and rather than say right lads you gone to far starTed throwing punches and threatening young lads!!

After warning him the police were on the station and to calm down because he may get arrested I was then hit in the mouth!

Why don't you tell the full story?

The song that "that someone" took offence to was "Dale Cregan is my hero" or some such yodel. The middle aged man was very close to Nic Hughes (she was a Dobcross girl, after all) and this touched a raw nerve (albeit, booze-fuelled). It was all a bit handbags really. And the train was stuck at Wilmslow thanks to some of the yoof banging away on the ceiling of the train carriage.

Why don't you tell the full story?

The song that "that someone" took offence to was "Dale Cregan is my hero" or some such yodel. The middle aged man was very close to Nic Hughes (she was a Dobcross girl, after all) and this touched a raw nerve (albeit, booze-fuelled). It was all a bit handbags really. And the train was stuck at Wilmslow thanks to some of the yoof banging away on the ceiling of the train carriage.

That is correct.

But there was some singing about Turks with knifes at the train station too and that didn't strike a nerve with anyone.

Not saying that it's right to sing that if course it's not but what am saying is you can't pick and choose what you take offence too.

Like I say it wasn't very nice but the reaction was pathetic

That is correct.

But there was some singing about Turks with knifes at the train station too and that didn't strike a nerve with anyone.

Not saying that it's right to sing that if course it's not but what am saying is you can't pick and choose what you take offence too.

Like I say it wasn't very nice but the reaction was pathetic

Aside from being pretty disgusting, a song about two Leeds fans being murdered is a weirdly irrelevant thing to sing on your way back from Oldham v Crewe.

Saturday was a cracking day out but why would anyone think that singing about people getting murdered was a bright idea at any time never mind on a busy train? We all have to acknowledfge that we each play a part in the way that our club is perceived by the public, particularly at a time when those running the place have opted to drag us through the mud and stoke up negative views in those who only view us from a distance. The press would love an "Oldham fans sing about murderers just weeks after trying to sign a rapist" story right now.

I was on the earlier train when the police stopped all singing which I thought was over the top but the reaction of the other passengers on the train when those who had been singing reverted to continuing at a whisper was one of amusement.

We've got some amazing fans, lets not allow the few idiots to ruin it.

I agree with AW. It's like those bastards with their 'allergies'. Don't come in here, saying 'has that got nuts in it?' and then start drinking a glass of milk. You're either allergic to all of it or nothing at all.

Saturday was a cracking day out but why would anyone think that singing about people getting murdered was a bright idea at any time never mind on a busy train? We all have to acknowledfge that we each play a part in the way that our club is perceived by the public, particularly at a time when those running the place have opted to drag us through the mud and stoke up negative views in those who only view us from a distance. The press would love an "Oldham fans sing about murderers just weeks after trying to sign a rapist" story right now.

I was on the earlier train when the police stopped all singing which I thought was over the top but the reaction of the other passengers on the train when those who had been singing reverted to continuing at a whisper was one of amusement.

We've got some amazing fans, lets not allow the few idiots to ruin it.

Couldn't agree more. Look at how the press have recently been reporting on incidents on public transport carrying Chelsea & West Ham fans and how that then reflects on those clubs. Somewhat of a forlorn hope but I'd like to think that the individual(s) involved reflect on what they were singing and are thoroughly ashamed or, even better, decide to stay at home in future.

AW -It's a very weird thing to say that you can't pick & choose what you take offence to. What point are you trying to make?