Squad movements, summer 2015

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oldham supporters have been out of order in my opinion

The negative attitude towards Watmore on here speaks volumes. What chance do we have if some fans are already criticising Watmore and saying he's not good enough?

The thing I remember was after the Carlisle cup game he said he was stunned at the pace of the game, how quickly that he was closed down and how little time he had to think.

The one thing the lad has over the our current midfield is pace, and it doesn't matter if he's the best in the world or not put him on in the second half and tell him to run at defenders

Should be sold if we get a half decent offer. Clearly not good enough.

I've heard Man Utd are sniffing around him. It would be typical if he left without even playing.

SOME nuggets from forum.... however the rumour starts v the Chron....

I'm confused where has anyone, on here, slagged of Watmore?

Hopes of completing a new signing early next week have receeded according to Chron.

Obviously the silly rumour season but I've heard we've been in for a couple of players who would apparently be good signings if they came off. (I chose not to enquire any further because I just don't enjoy making some people feel awkward). Also a club have been in for one of our players but we're not keen on selling at this stage.

There you go a post of so little detail that it's almost completely pointless. It's all you whinging gets deserve.

Jones and Winchester could be sold tomorrow but the club have chose not to according to Simon Corney, when he met the fans upset over the Darren Kelly appointment. I've heard Birmingham City are keen on Mike Jones but he is desperate to stay in the North West.

Prozac here on my mates log in - the Dodgers last first team goal was at Orient in the 2-4 3rd Round FACR in Jan '92. Last league goal was against Everton in a 2-2 draw at BP in Dec '91

After that he was very much a bit part player in both 92/93 & 93/94 playing a much more traditional midfield role he was rarely used wide or upfront

He scored on his last ever appearance for the reserves the day after relegation in May '94 having been 2-0 down Palmer scored the winner in the last minute in a 3-2 comeback win

• 2 weeks later...

Updated based on Chron story that Elokobi and Lockwood have turned down contract offers.

Current squad (contracted to date)

Joel Coleman (2016)

Connor Brown (2017)
Timothée Dieng (2016 plus option)
George Edmundson (2016)
Joseph Mills (2016 plus option)
Jack Truelove (2016)
Brian Wilson (2016)
James Wilson (2016)

Danny Byrnes (youth player, offered contract)
Lee Croft (2016 plus option)
Mike Jones (2016)
Liam Kelly (2017)
Jack Tuohy (youth player, offered contract)
Carl Winchester (2017)

Jordan Bove (2016)
Jonathan Forte (2016)
Devante Jacobs (youth player, offered contract)
Rhys Murphy (2017)
Danny Philliskirk (2016 plus option)
Dominic Poleon (2016)
Rhys Turner (2016)

Going or gone

James Dayton (released)

George Elokobi (turned down new contract)
Anthony Gerrard (loan ending)
Jake Kean (loan ending)
Genséric Kusunga (released)
Adam Lockwood (turned down new contract)

Jacob Mellis (loan ending)
David Mellor (released)
Amari Morgan-Smith (released)
Mat Sadler (loan ended)
Conor Wilkinson (loan ending)
Luke Woodland (loan ending)

Youth players Ryan Ellison, Callum Etches, Eddie Fulwood, Ben Grant, Emil Tansinda, Paul Tyson and Jordache Walters also released.