Anthont Gerrard signs til the end of the season

No I'm not! I never said anything of the sort...

You and others have been posting all week about SC sitting doing nothing and giving up. He just put his hand in his pocket and brought another player in. He didn't have to do that and if he had given up in any way shape or form he wouldn't have.

I'm not saying this is the answer to any of our problems but SC has once again backed an Oldham manager.

True enough, its a welcome signing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oldham Athletic defender Anthony Gerrard admits he would consider making his move to the club permanent.

Gerrard joined Latics last month on loan until the end of the season from Championship side Huddersfield Town.

He has helped Oldham keep three clean sheets during that time, and the 29-year-old is happy at SportsDirect.com Park.

Im enjoying my football here so Id definitely consider a move if an offer came in, he said.

The fans are treating me well and all of the lads are top drawer here and thats what its about for me.

I wasnt playing at Huddersfield and people can quickly forget about you if youre not in the team so I came to Oldham to get my face about and show that Im fit and available.

There are two matches left to go this season so once thats out the way I will think about my future and I just have to do what is best for me and my family.

Next up for Latics is a trip to Walsall on Saturday, a team that Gerrard played for from 2004 to 2009.

I have good memories from there so it will be nice to go back, he said.

The club itself is fantastic and the way it is run is brilliant as they manage to get at least 4,000 fans every game.

That might not sound like a lot but when you have the likes of Aston Villa, West Brom, Wolves and Birmingham nearby then its a great achievement.

Oldham Athletic defender Anthony Gerrard admits he would consider making his move to the club permanent.

Gerrard joined Latics last month on loan until the end of the season from Championship side Huddersfield Town.

He has helped Oldham keep three clean sheets during that time, and the 29-year-old is happy at SportsDirect.com Park.

Im enjoying my football here so Id definitely consider a move if an offer came in, he said.

The fans are treating me well and all of the lads are top drawer here and thats what its about for me.

I wasnt playing at Huddersfield and people can quickly forget about you if youre not in the team so I came to Oldham to get my face about and show that Im fit and available.

There are two matches left to go this season so once thats out the way I will think about my future and I just have to do what is best for me and my family.

Next up for Latics is a trip to Walsall on Saturday, a team that Gerrard played for from 2004 to 2009.

I have good memories from there so it will be nice to go back, he said.

The club itself is fantastic and the way it is run is brilliant as they manage to get at least 4,000 fans every game.

That might not sound like a lot but when you have the likes of Aston Villa, West Brom, Wolves and Birmingham nearby then its a great achievement.

He says he would consider an offer as he would consider all other offers. When he supplements this consideration with "It has to be right for me and my family". He means it wold have to be the best offer he receives which it won't be. He admits he came here to put himself in the shop window and show other clubs he was still around. The bottom line is we have no chance unfortunately.

He says he would consider an offer as he would consider all other offers. When he supplements this consideration with "It has to be right for me and my family". He means it wold have to be the best offer he receives which it won't be. He admits he came here to put himself in the shop window and show other clubs he was still around. The bottom line is we have no chance unfortunately.

I'd disagree, Gerrard will be settled somewhere in the area, we would have a much better chance of signing him compared to say Peterborough, as he would have to move away from his family or move them as well.

It doesn't have to be the highest wage offer he will get, but the best value one. Huddersfield have obviously deemed him to not be good enough for Championship; I'd be tempted to agree, that will rule out Bolton too. Depending on the interest from other local-ish clubs (bearing in mind Gerrard could live somewhere Liverpool way, as well as somewhere Leeds way), would depend on who he might be interested in signing. Given the clubs in that area, especially with some new additions for next season, eg Blackpool and the Plastics, we might still struggle.

Furthermore, Gerrard will have earned a decent sum already, he might not necessarily be motivated by money. He might be more interested in playing somewhere where he is likely to play often, has some friendly people he knows (I'd think him and Holden are former team-mates) etc. In which case we stand a good chance.

The "me and my family" quote surely means staying up this end and not dragging his kids out of their school and down to the arse end of London.

Get Locky off the books and get Gerrard in permanently.

I have faith.

• 3 months later...