Joel Coleman or replacement for crewe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jheeeez, all that's a bit exaggerated. I mean, hes good but top flight hopes already? and talks of bigger clubs sniffing around him already?

at the moment though, all things being well he'll be our number 1 next season

He's 10 years from his prime he will be in the higher leagues for sure

I think he looks the part. We need to get him signed up for longer.

And we also need not to get on his back and damage his confidence if (when) he has a couple of bad games on the run next season. It's a damned hard job to be fully confident week in week out as a very young keeper.

And we also need not to get on his back and damage his confidence if (when) he has a couple of bad games on the run next season. It's a damned hard job to be fully confident week in week out as a very young keeper.

He appears to have similar confidence to Paul Gerrard when he broke into the first team - and he didnt do so bad after that.

He appears to have similar confidence to Paul Gerrard when he broke into the first team - and he didnt do so bad after that.

Good keeper - his only real weakness being his kicking... I'll never forget Spurs away in the premier league - on a par with Guzan versus Citeh ...

big difference now being the fans...

Gerrard made errors and conceded goals and fans clapped him and sang his name. I remeber he made an error against Southampton (i think) that put us 1 down. The chaddy immedietly encouraged him. we won 2-1

if a recent goalkeeper makes a mistakes he receives ironic cheers if he catches the ball. Than can make or break a kid who is playing in fromt of a larger crowd

Edited by palmer1

They're usually loanees to be fair though Palmer, but yes I agree - I can imagine our fans will be slightly more apologetic with Coleman if he makes a mistake (I live in hope anyway)

Shouldnt really matter if they are wearing the Oldham shirt should it? I want whoever is in gaol to play to his ful potential; and keep a clean sheet. If the home fans affect that then it doesnt help the team.

Must be hard work playing in front of our fans when low on confidence sometimes...

Edited by palmer1

Shouldnt really matter if they are wearing the Oldham shirt should it? I want whoever is in gaol to play to his ful potential; and keep a clean sheet. If the home fans affect that then it doesnt help the team.

Must be hard work playing in front of our fans when low on confidence sometimes...

Totally agree, ironic cheers were met when Kean eventually came off that game and that would have knocked him for six which isn't what you need and that's what I don't like in our fan base.

But rightly or wrongly I do think they'll be more patient/apologetic with our own keeper

'I want whoever is in gaol to play...' I think we should knock this recruitment of ex cons on the head... :getmecoat:

Edited by TheBigDog

If this Tyson is as good as some are saying surely we would have heard of efforts being made to tie him down to a long contract?

Maybe the problem of having 3 good young keepers, from what Ive seen Renshaw could be the 2nd choice next season, looks about 6ft 2ins and a strong build.

We cant keep them all as there's no reserve league anymore to give particularly Tyson a game.

Edited by BP1960