Full Time: Crewe 0 Oldham 1

My dad said that he never thought that he would witness a game as dire as the Shrewsbury home game back in Joe Royle's early days. I think that it was Royle's first home game in charge. Yesterday's game apparently eclipsed it. I distinctly recall my dad saying that after watching that garbage it's going to be a long ten years...looks like we are going to be ok then

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great football for the goal and good to see Philliskirk at the centre of that, contributing to the attacks in a way he hasn't for a while. Edit: It appears the lay off was from Sadler... Also enjoyed the Rhys Turner run. He looks a right nuisance, being very positive and direct with the ball - I'm sure I read somewhere he'd been described as the next Jermaine Defoe...

Now is the time for a home result, having lost 4 in a row at BP.

Edited by NewBlue

Special mention to Connor Brown, full of enthusiasm and very good defending, no way should B Wilson return to the team in his place.

Lol Why is it always a special mention for Connor Brown?

If he came on and did his job,well done him buts its like you are talking about someone who shouldn't be there 'special mention to Connor Brown who had to be dressed and fed before the game but didn't he do well when he kicked the round thingy!? Happy meal on the way home for Connor!'.... ;)

He is still 2nd choice right back and left back no matter how many special mention he gets. Like it or not....

Edited by palmer1

Its a special mention because people like you don't recognise what he brings to the team over the pedestrian B Wilson.

Did you actually go to the game?

You're constant critism of my posts are wearing thin, go and target someone else.

Edited by BP1960

People like me?

I recognise when a player does well no matter who it is?

I thought for 20 mins against Barnsley he did well..... then he handelled the ball stupidly on the edge of the box which nearly cost us and get caught up in needless sniping session with the winger instead of carrying on his good start. He is improving however he does not need a special mention when he doesn't :censored: up!

If someone can produce stats that show me he gives more to the team than Wilson other than looking enthusiastic then I may look at the 2 differently.

Its a special mention because people like you don't recognise what he brings to the team over the pedestrian B Wilson.

Did you actually go to the game?

You're constant critism of my posts are wearing thin, go and target someone else.

What are you :censored:in on about? I've only replied to one post!?

You referred to 'people like me' I was talking about special mention for Connor Brown.

Lol Why is it always a special mention for Connor Brown?

If he came on and did his job,well done him buts its like you are talking about someone who shouldn't be there 'special mention to Connor Brown who had to be dressed and fed before the game but didn't he do well when he kicked the round thingy!? Happy meal on the way home for Connor!'.... ;)

He is still 2nd choice right back and left back no matter how many special mention he gets. Like it or not....

Why is it you always criticize and pick up on people who praise Brown?

Maybe some posters say special mention due to the amount of unfair stick he gets.

People like me?

I recognise when a player does well no matter who it is?

I thought for 20 mins against Barnsley he did well..... then he handelled the ball stupidly on the edge of the box which nearly cost us and get caught up in needless sniping session with the winger instead of carrying on his good start. He is improving however he does not need a special mention when he doesn't :censored: up!

If someone can produce stats that show me he gives more to the team than Wilson other than looking enthusiastic then I may look at the 2 differently.

Much as I agree with your general assessment of Brown (and his weaknesses) Brian Wilson has been :censored:e for a couple of months.

While Brown's selection yesterday was, apparently, due to Wilson being ill I'd say he's worthy of a starting place ahead of the Beachboy on merit at the moment.

Edited by opinions4u

Why is it you always criticize and pick up on people who praise Brown?

Maybe some posters say special mention due to the amount of unfair stick he gets.

I don't criticise people who praise Brown? I criticise Brown who I also mention is improving.

Let's be honest they say special mention because he was absolutely :censored: but because he was so bad that when he doesn't make an error or defends well like the other defender its like well done Connor Brown you didn't :censored: up.

As I see it you want B Wilson back no matter how Brown performs.

No point in arguing with you as you seem to be looking to criticise anything I post. I will make a note to ignore you in future and not bite.

As I see it you want Brown to start even if Wilson does nothing wrong.

You seem to have an over inflated opinion in regards to what you post and my thoughts on it. I couldn't give a :censored: what you post! It could be anybody's name next to the post, if I agree or disagree I use the message board to state what I think on the topic at hand. If you feel targeting BP1960 you are imagining it.

Edited by palmer1

Interesting that Wilkinson makes a beeline for Tony Philiskirk after scoring, they have a similar physique and I wonder whether Tony has been working with him? If so, keep it up!

TP was definitely a massive coaching influence on Matt Smith after Dickov's back room staff were exited. Gave Tarky a first team opportunity too ...

I don't criticise people who praise Brown? I criticise Brown who I also mention is improving.

Let's be honest they say special mention because he was absolutely :censored: but because he was so bad that when he doesn't make an error or defends well like the other defender its like well done Connor Brown you didn't :censored: up.

Sorry, didn't mean you criticised those who praised Brown. Meant that you seem to criticise Brown and then pick up on people on praise him.

Interesting that Wilkinson makes a beeline for Tony Philiskirk after scoring, they have a similar physique and I wonder whether Tony has been working with him? If so, keep it up!

TP was definitely a massive coaching influence on Matt Smith after Dickov's back room staff were exited. Gave Tarky a first team opportunity too ...

Hopefully he can do something similar with Turner & Poleon.

He would be the ideal person to be the new manager, but he won't give up the youth team...