Full Time: Crewe 0 Oldham 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day out Crewe, not a great game but we won so I don't care, atmosphere was superb, us latics fans really are a credit at times. Got in Manchester at 9am for breakfast and beer, supposed to go home straight after the game, bollocks to that, got in at 4am. Sore head, £200 quid lighter and the Mrs ain't talking to me, was it worth it? Too bloody right.

Oh, we won this because of me by the way.

After resisting joining the party in backing Barnsley and MK Dons I lumped on Crewe yesterday.

I expect to recoup my losses in beers from those of you who know me prior to the next Saturday home game.

My dad texted me to point out that we only win when I don't go.

He does talk out of his arse though

Great day out Crewe, not a great game but we won so I don't care, atmosphere was superb, us latics fans really are a credit at times. Got in Manchester at 9am for breakfast and beer, supposed to go home straight after the game, bollocks to that, got in at 4am. Sore head, £200 quid lighter and the Mrs ain't talking to me, was it worth it? Too bloody right.

Quite a party pre game in the bar over the road from the ground, I didn't take much notice of the name of it, but the "DJ" really got into the swing even playing Mouldy old dough twice. Full of Tics having a proper drink and sing along. I still hate drinking from plastic glasses though.

Any truth in the rumour some Athletico's were caught pissing on the outside wall of the Fox Inn and made to clean it up with bleach and water?

Which one was the Fox Inn I saw that they had opened a new pub I think was Number 7 was pretty rowdy. I was in Last Orders . Was a very nice atmosphere in there

Official highlights (from the other side of the pitch to the FLS):

Winchester's the man for me in that goal. But lots of players involved.

Well judging from the most non biased highlights I have ever seen, we were all over them. There were only 3 shots on goal and they were all ours. Massacre!

What i don't understand with Latics is the number of players we get in the opposition box away from home is far greater than when we play at BP.

Look at clips of Latics attacks at Crewe , Port Vale etc and we always have 4 , 5 or even when we scored at Crewe we had 6 in their box.

Yet when we attack at home Forte puts some great crosses in and we don't have anybody in the box.

I'm forever screaming at home to get players up into their area ,maybe if we start getting players in the box at home we might start scoring more !!!!!!!!!

What i don't understand with Latics is the number of players we get in the opposition box away from home is far greater than when we play at BP.

Look at clips of Latics attacks at Crewe , Port Vale etc and we always have 4 , 5 or even when we scored at Crewe we had 6 in their box.

Yet when we attack at home Forte puts some great crosses in and we don't have anybody in the box.

I'm forever screaming at home to get players up into their area ,maybe if we start getting players in the box at home we might start scoring more !!!!!!!!!

Our goal was not a fair reflection of how many men we got in the box generally, which was pretty poor on most attacks.

Once Wilkinson came on things changed.

He reminds me of Matthew Tipton in his pomp

I think I missed that 5 minutes buying a pie ;-)

Odd player Tipton. Was a complete wuss who pulled out of anything even 75:25 in terms of tackles and didn't score any goals.....cut all his hair off and started diving in on 40:60s and still didn't score enough goals.