Dare to dream?... Again!

games in hand for others, points needed and poor goal difference mean we will need to win probably 6 of our 8 to have a chance

with the injuries we have, not going to happen, but we can hope

prove me wrong!

Think it was on twitter that J.Wilson, Mills and Kelly are due to train on Thursday

What a shame we had that slump post Swindon, even an average set of results would have kept us right in the mix.

And why it take four games for somebody to decide it might be a good idea to have Tony P involved?

Anyway, win the next 8 and none of that will matter...

Very similar pattern to last season.

Start well playing pretty football but losing.

Then get on a run of form and look the part.

Then it all goes wrong and inconsistency creeps in.

We get a run of games (Preston, Rotherham, wolves - Preston, MK..) where we get tonked.

New signings settle in and we finish the season strongly.

....the first phase was much shorter this season, and the second was longer. If we go unbeaten we could get top 10 - and, with Bradford, Sheff U and Peterborough to play, it would be amazing to if the play-offs remain a growing possibility, even if it's still a very outside chance. It would generate some real decent support and momentum and set us up well for next season and the new stand.

Bradford a toughie, but can we do what we did last season - suddenly we are keeping clean sheets with a fresh centre-back partnership that's clicked, and we have a young striker who had found a goal-scoring touch - turner, like JCH last season

Course we can dream, we're four points from a play off place with eight games left. Why wouldn't it be possible, who gives up at this stage?

Are those around us 'giving up'?

Half this board had given up 5 days ago.....again

Half this board had given up 5 days ago.....again

That is your average football fan, pessimistic with a shade of optomism thrown in. Realistically we are not going to make the play offs, our inconsistency will make sure of that. But as long as we are still in touch with the play offs it might encourage a few more fans to come and watch us.

I think after all that gone on with the Evans debacle, managerial departures, injury crisis' and the likes, a top 10 finish would be a great result for the season.

What I would like to see now we are safe, is us throw a bit of caution to the wind and really go for the opposition. Let's try to win 4-3 every week!

I barely know half of their names at the moment and yet they all seemed so loveable tonight.

I know what you mean, I usually go off the colour of players boots but Forte, Poleon and Kusunga totally threw me last night as they all wore white ones and the only way I recognised Turner scored our first was I saw a flash of jet black hair.

Sign of me getting old I suppose

With all the :censored: we've sat and stood through in the last few years, it's nice to not be worrying with eight games to go and to have a hint of excitement and what may be. We are not likely to do it because of the inconsistency but if Holden keeps them playing in the manner they did last night and we keep picking up points you never know.

The table on Saturday evening could make pretty reading. Fleetwood don't play until Sunday (against Preston), Doncaster don't play this weekend at all, Barnsley are at Bristol City...