Oldham 3-0 Rochdale

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The back four were ruggedly effective.

Woodland impressed, which is good as I'd have started Dieng ahead of him.

Forte looked sharper and Turner looks a player - I'd written him off as a lightweight.

Going forwards we were a lot quicker than we have been all season and it paid dividends.

Still concerned by Danny Philliskirk but he was part of a great team effort.

Dean Holden? Used his nouse with the subbing of Brown. Seemed to have got a real team performance out of them.

Edited by opinions4u

Whilst on the subject of the manager, it was a great sub replacing Brown with Kusunga because, although he was excellent, Brown was a walking red card after his spat with Horrendouson...

Totally agree there, his head had definately popped when he turned into Ronaldo 5 yards from his own penalty area.

Good alround team effort tonight, was great to see that level of desire and commitment from the lads.

Whilst on the subject of the manager, it was a great sub replacing Brown with Kusunga because, although he was excellent, Brown was a walking red card after his spat with Horrendouson...

Showed that Holden has learned from Wilson at Yeovil - impressed with him on the touchline tonight,

Didn't go as working but was listening to the half time report on GMR with stitch and Steve eyre. Stitch was full of praise for D. Philliskirk, said he was finding pockets of space for fun and Rochdale just couldn't pick him up.

Eyre reckoned that Holden tweaked the formation and made one or two tactical adjustments after about 20mins and that was what won us the first half.

Fair reflection?

Didn't go as working but was listening to the half time report on GMR with stitch and Steve eyre. Stitch was full of praise for D. Philliskirk, said he was finding pockets of space for fun and Rochdale just couldn't pick him up.

I thought he worked hard but seemed ineffective. Backed out of a couple of tackles too.

Eyre reckoned that Holden tweaked the formation and made one or two tactical adjustments after about 20mins and that was what won us the first half.

Fair reflection?

We were second best for the first 15 minutes. Something changed, but I'm not sure what. I'd put it down to their first injury.

Fair reflection?

Yes and no. I'm a fan of DP but he was little more than very industrious. Much improved mind.