Oldham 3-0 Rochdale

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Philly had a good game and have confidence in him comlng good again

Philliskirk frustrates me, he looks to have a decent football brain, but he is knocked off the ball so easily. If he could add some strength to his game we would see a far better player.

That was fun! Proper team performance. They wanted to win and after a slow start curtains for Dale. 52 points and safe. Now to stay in the top half. Worth saying that all three loan signings played their part and Woodland 'man of the match'. Deano and TP look a good team on the touchline.

That was bloody marvellous!

Not the greatest performance but a good Derby performance. We could have scored after about two minutes but after that they were the better team for the first twenty. Good work by Forte led to Turner's first of the night and that seemed to change the whole game. Dale players started dropping like flies and they lost three to injury in the first half, only one was from a challenge so we can't be blamed, besides there was only one booking all match.

We got to half time and weren't ever in trouble despite Dale looking good going forwards. Sadly for them they weren't so good at the back and after a goal mouth scramble Forte doubled our lead and we started to look comfortable. Or so I thought, Brown went down off the ball and Lockwood went mental! He was complaining that Brown had been strangled by one of theirs, Henderson I think but the ref and lino hadn't seen it so didn't do anything. Brown wasn't too happy about but did a bit of showboating/fannying around at the back and Lockwood had a right old pop at him all the way back to the halfway line. It did look like their heads had gone and I thought that if Dale could nick one then it would likely be a draw or worse.

Then up popped Turner again, looked like he waltzed through several challenges and slotted home, three nil, job done and the Dale fans drifted away. After the last month we've had, to do that tonight was marvellous. I can't stop smiling. Well done to Dean, Lockwood & Philiskirk and all the players, they earned that tonight.

I forgot my favourite bit, as the game was winding down Henderson broke down the left but was offside, Gerrard was running with him started pointing to the lino and then got right in Henderson's face explaining the offside rule, telling him he needs to be in front of the defence when the ball is played. Henderson didn't look happy! Two minutes later, same thing, close offside decision with Henderson with Gerrard in his wake, Gerrard again starts pointing to the lino and explaining offside, Henderson didn't like that one bit and pushed Gerrard away.

Been a while since we've had an experienced niggly player at the back, good work from Holden and Corney bringing Gerrard in.

Edited by beag_teeets

well that was sweet, ending my run of attending consecutive Latics defeats with a very comfortable win and against Dale of all teams. my Dale supporting friends are not best pleased, to the point where they did not wait to meet up with me after the match. ?

I cannot remember the last time I saw Latics play when they had the game so comfortably won towards the end. still it was fortunate that Noble-Lazarus missed that sitter as the match entered its final stage. i would have been fearing Dale coming back from the dead had that one gone in.

Whilst on the subject of the manager, it was a great sub replacing Brown with Kusunga because, although he was excellent, Brown was a walking red card after his spat with Horrendouson...

hmm right change but it was made 15 mins after he was booked at 2-0 up and more than 10 mins after Latics had gone three up. why take the risk in that time? but let us not criticise Holden in the aftermath of a performance like that.

well that was sweet, ending my run of attending consecutive Latics defeats with a very comfortable win and against Dale of all teams. my Dale supporting friends are not best pleased, to the point where they did not wait to meet up with me after the match.

I cannot remember the last time I saw Latics play when they had the game so comfortably won towards the end. still it was fortunate that Noble-Lazarus missed that sitter as the match entered its final stage. i would have been fearing Dale coming back from the dead had that one gone in.hmm right change but it was made 15 mins after he was booked at 2-0 up and more than 10 mins after Latics had gone three up. why take the risk in that time? but let us not criticise Holden in the aftermath of a performance like that.

The real risk became clear when their lad tried to create a body check by Brown. Ref chose to ignore it but it was obvious that they'd seen the opportunity to get him sent off. Kusunga was on two minutes later.

The real risk became clear when their lad tried to create a body check by Brown. Ref chose to ignore it but it was obvious that they'd seen the opportunity to get him sent off. Kusunga was on two minutes later.

That was both a great piece of refereeing and an awful piece of refereeing, the ref clearly saw what that was and rightly ignored any Rochdale claims, however, he should have booked their defender for diving/ungentlemenly conduct, as you say it was a blatant attempt by Rochdale to get Connor sent-off.

Considering Keith Hill's comments after the game...

hmm right change but it was made 15 mins after he was booked at 2-0 up and more than 10 mins after Latics had gone three up. why take the risk in that time? but let us not criticise Holden in the aftermath of a performance like that.

Might have been a calculated risk - Brown was winding their players right up and getting the crowd behind him, maybe Holden thought he had more chance of getting one of theirs sent off than getting sent off himself. Right decision to bring him off.

What a thoroughly satisfactory night's work. Especially enjoyed Joel Coleman relentlessly taking the piss out of their forwards in the last 10 minutes.

Throughly enjoyed that match, even the ref had a good one too.

Love it when we are flying down the flanks.

Totally threw my predication score out as I had us down for a draw after recent injuries and all.

What a turnaround, if we can keep playing like this and there is competition for places when injured players come back then I will be a happy bunny for the rest of the season

The players believed, we believed. Playoffs maybe too much to ask but I'll take a top ten place and if we can finish above Barnsley then even more sweeter.

Great win, and whilst perhaps not a clear 3-0 game (though neither was the reverse fixture to be fair) we took chances at the right times and earned the luck when we needed it.

Any team losing that number of players to injury is going to be disrupted.

The crowd and confidence the players will take from that performance should see us finish the season OK - not Top 6 I don't think, but hopefully top half and playing well which will retain and attract good players for next year.

needs to have a word with his son then

Philly IMO needs some time out of the team - he hasn't been performing for me in 2015.

Interesting hearing the radio comments from Ritchie et al, makes him sound like one of those "fans don't see the benefit" type players. But honestly, I have been looking at him a lot the last few games and I just cannot see what he is offering the team.

Philly IMO needs some time out of the team - he hasn't been performing for me in 2015.

Interesting hearing the radio comments from Ritchie et al, makes him sound like one of those "fans don't see the benefit" type players. But honestly, I have been looking at him a lot the last few games and I just cannot see what he is offering the team.

Been a lot longer than the last few games, I've not seen him have a good one since Fleetwood.