Third highest above sea level I think, WBA, Port Vale, then us OAFC55

Conflicting info on the interwebs.

I did once find a site that measured altitude. No idea how accurate it was but the BP centre circle was a dozen or so feet higher than Vale Park.

This site, based on centre circle location, has them both at 160m. The RRE comes in at 161m so we win.

http://www.mapcoordinates.net/en

Edited by opinions4u

The pitches were like that everywhere back in the day I agree. However, players are far more finely tuned these days and the surfaces played on have improved dramatically to :censored: this.

Mud piles like Bradford's are dangerous to play on for players susceptible to injury. I have a feeling Turner and Forte may have to adapt their game to the pitch and that shouldn't have to happen.

Nobody can tell me that Bradford couldnt improve their pitch for litle money this season....

They have allowed it to happen becasue it is an advantage to the style of football they play, good for them if it works.

should it be allowed though?

Edited by palmer1

Should Lockwood play on a pitch akin to Barrow where he suffered the bad injury? James Wilson could always slot in rather than Lockwood take the risk.

If the manager thinks Lockwood is the better option then he should be picked, potentially increased injury risk or not. I would be inclined to say yes against Stead and Hanson, Lockwood is at an increased risk of getting the injury due to age and previous history anyway. The pitch may not actually be that much of a factor in comparison.

I thought it played fine today.

I think the saying 'they don't like it up em' applies today - i reckon they expect teams to roll over and submit because they are 10 points clear - not today - lots of forced errors and pressing leading to kicks into touch and corners.

Cotterill is a sulker like keith hill...bull:censored: excuses when things don't go their way.

Nobody can tell me that Bradford couldnt improve their pitch for litle money this season....

They have allowed it to happen becasue it is an advantage to the style of football they play, good for them if it works.

should it be allowed though?

There manager hates the pitch. He said that the groundsman has been hung out to dry. The board are refusing to fund any improvements.

• 4 weeks later...