Keith Hill out

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the interview, nowt wrong there for me. He was clearly hurting from losing, for his players, his fans and for him.

He obviously felt some of the chat from the Latics player's wasn't respectful. One mans food is another man's poison and all that.

Anyone got a link to the KH interview?

Did think that (special mention) Conor did behave a little unprofessionally in the goading of Henderson.

I'll go in and say (as on a thread earlier) that he did.

Granted I didn't see the original incident (I'm not convinced there was one in truth!) but I would question why after scoring a key goal, any of our players were turning 3 or 4 times to an opponent rather than celebrating!

I thought it lacked class - and was so apparant I noticed it whilst in the euphoria of celebration!

On a more serious note..... it ended up causing him to be taken off, and I saw far more evidence that it had affected his game than Hendersons. His previously decent defending was getting more haphazard by the minute and as said elsewhere, he was a red card waiting to happen. Holden had to take him off by the finish.

I would like to think our players would have more about them in truth, and IMHO he let himself down - I hope he learns from it!!

Edited by whitey1980

The incident started when Brown was tugging at Hendersons shirt and he turned round and pushed him away by putting his hand on his throat.

Lockwood was trying to convince the ref that he had punched him.

Brown played well upto that point but later he nearly cost us a goal when he tried to dribble his way out of defence instead of the big hoof.

Think he was trying to take the p out of Henderson and nearly came unstuck.

At the end of the day Brown was very stupid and ultimately it cost him the rest of the game because quite rightly he was subbed.

Just shows how stupid some players can be because if i were Brown i would have just asked Henderson "whats the score" every time he came near me.

More chance of him getting wound up then and let him do something stupid.

Hopefully Brown will learn one day - how to be a pain in the arse to an opponent without anybody else noticing !!!!

lets all have a go at Brown.....the kid is flying at the moment but lets have a dig.....idiots

I think Conor Brown has been a massive plus for us since his return from loan. He is a key part of the team now, and hopefully could be for the next few seasons.

That said, it is still possible to have a discussion about how any player behaves on the pitch.

I think the attempted show-boating in the corner flag that nearly back-fired was an example of where he could/should have behaved differently - he had beat Henderson once (and got the cheers from the fans) but could have cleared it, but instead he attempted to beat him again another couple of times and lost possession in a dangerous area. He is young and inexperienced and will make mistakes - but I'd imagine the blocking that Lockwood gave him immediately afterwards will ensure that he has learned his lesson there.

The (IMO) crass celebration of our second and third goals towards Henderson are something that I am not overly bothered about. Think it would have been better to just ignore Henderson and let the scoreline tell the story, but I seem to recall some of our players being equally 'in the face' of Roy Carrol a few weeks back. I'll be honest and I found Roy's reactions before that 'entertaining' and the response seemed to wind him up even more...

It was a derby ffs. Henderson was a prat and had it coming, it didn't cost us a goal and he still had a very good game. No big deal, locky had a word with him a couple of times. He'll have been told quite a few times by holden, i assume as well. I liked it and it help improve the atmosphere. Brian wilson shouldn't be getting back in the team anytime soon, lets put it that way.

I think the attempted show-boating in the corner flag that nearly back-fired was an example of where he could/should have behaved differently - he had beat Henderson once (and got the cheers from the fans) but could have cleared it, but instead he attempted to beat him again another couple of times and lost possession in a dangerous area.

Yes, but on the flip side, we were three nil up and it was hilarious.

Yes, but on the flip side, we were three nil up and it was hilarious.

I think it was only 1-0 t the time but I could be wrong.

Not a big issue, it was fun, and in the end the senior players and management will have had a word.

cant wait for the recation when he gets himself sent off or when we concede a goal from him messing about. I wonder if it wil still be funny then?

he does these sort of things a lot not just when we are in winning positions.

Ongoing battles with Garner and the Barnsley winger, both heavy defeats. He didnt need to get involved with either but he cant help himself.

cant wait for the recation when he gets himself sent off or when we concede a goal from him messing about. I wonder if it wil still be funny then?

Ongoing battles with Garner and the Barnsley winger, both heavy defeats. He didnt need to get involved with either but he cant help himself.

198_zps13678875.gif

To be fair Henderson, Lalkovic (?) and Garner are all in need of a good shoeing, especially Garner whose only redeeming feature appears to be his goal celebration makes Lee Hughes's look sensible.

To be fair Henderson, Lalkovic (?) and Garner are all in need of a good shoeing, especially Garner whose only redeeming feature appears to be his goal celebration makes Lee Hughes's look sensible.

I think Garner came out of the game better than Brown did. It's ok at 3-0 but he needs to concentrate on his game when its not a walk over. He was ratting at Garner all game and we got battered. Didn't Garner get 2 goals as well? If he is doing it every week then it's clearly something he has decided to do which he needs to leave out.