Keith Hill out

Wowzers looks like we have a new pantomime villain.

If you listen abit longer you get to the real problem though Rochdale are clearly punching above their weight and it's inevitable they will lose some of their better players in the summer unless they do the unthinkable and go up and won't have the resources to replace them.

This might be as good as it gets for them and that frustrates him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowzers looks like we have a new pantomime villain.

If you listen abit longer you get to the real problem though Rochdale are clearly punching above their weight and it's inevitable they will lose some of their better players in the summer unless they do the unthinkable and go up and won't have the resources to replace them.

This might be as good as it gets for them and that frustrates him.

So he should come to the massive Latics who have none of those problems ...

We'd be lapping it up if it was the other way round though...

Not sure about that. I'd prefer a manager with a reasonable level of self-control, who's worried about his own team, rather then some rivalry with another club which only half of the fans really give a toss about..

All the problems we have yes but these are even bigger problems at Rochdale.

Not sure I agree. Hill's record of selling his best players and replacing them with near equal quality, selling them on, and repeat is what is one of the main reason's they've found good success over the past decade or so.

They seem far better at it than us anyway!

This season does seem to have started to form some sort of fledgling rivalry between the two clubs. Some of it coming from inside Latics based on the Latics Player interviews, making it sound to players and management that its a big rivalry (which it never was from our side at least), and some of it coming from the fact for the first time in my lifetime they are a geunie rival on the pitch.

The fact that this is our best season for over 5 years and we are still behind Rochdale in the league despite taking 6 points (and GD) off them confirms that at present they are genuinely a good side.

The fact that they have achieved that on crowds than would make SC cry is all the more impressive - and at the same time gives us hope. If they can push for the play-offs, then so can we.

If we are both to be in this division for a few more years - then I am more than happy that the rivalry builds a little. KH going off on one will only help that.

Not sure I agree. Hill's record of selling his best players and replacing them with near equal quality, selling them on, and repeat is what is one of the main reason's they've found good success over the past decade or so.

They seem far better at it than us anyway!

They being the Rochdale Chairman! He gets the deals done eg Posh 'can we have Hogan for £350K' 'No' OK Then what about if we double it? 'Yes'

I know that he priced himself out of the Peterbro deal with his wage demands but Hogan has since been sold for more to Brentford!

Rochdale sales always include sell on clauses and they even got money out of Rickie Lambert signing for Liverpool this season

Laugh at Hill all you want, he's done a remarkable job at Dale. I'd argue for him to be Manager of the Season if they can get play offs.

He's the closest Rochdale have to a Royle...

Agreed.

Don't mind him getting upset and ranting a bit about the game either - some of our players were less than gentlmanly in victory, which whilst I don't have too much of an issue about you can't then complain when the other side behaves less than perfectly either.

Also it is a local derby and it will have hurt to be in form going into both games and then coming out on the wrong side of a 3-0 scoreline (which IMO flattered us slightly).

Passion and results - the two thinks you want from a manager. Kieth Hill has over acheived at Rochdale and is likely to get a shot at a bigger team in the future (more deserving of that opportunity than LJ was IMO).

he's prob right though, his budget will be way less and he's doing a much better job than a lot of others including us. id be shouting about it every week if i had rochdale 6th, i cant even do that on footy manager. plus i personally like a manager who is prepared to come out and shoot down a rival if there's been a bit of niggle. they will finish above us this season for sure, id have him as manager any day of the week

They being the Rochdale Chairman! He gets the deals done eg Posh 'can we have Hogan for £350K' 'No' OK Then what about if we double it? 'Yes'

I know that he priced himself out of the Peterbro deal with his wage demands but Hogan has since been sold for more to Brentford!

Rochdale sales always include sell on clauses and they even got money out of Rickie Lambert signing for Liverpool this season

They do well for instance they are due another £250k for Craig Dawson if West Brom stay up this year,and he left them several years ago.

He's made a bit of a dick of himself in that interview. Someone at Latics has pissed him right off but he should rise above it.

However, if I were in Corney's shoes, I'd do everything I could to make him Latics manager.

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of even approaching him.

I can't see a single reason he'd leave Rochdale for us.

Rochdale fans adore him. And imo i would have him here in a heart beat. Money talks for the majority of those involved in professional football, with keith hill however i am not sure it does... Dale fans would be best to answer that one. Either way, i hope they enjoy there promotion hunt, the 6 points will do for me!

Rochdale fans adore him. And imo i would have him here in a heart beat. Money talks for the majority of those involved in professional football, with keith hill however i am not sure it does... Dale fans would be best to answer that one. Either way, i hope they enjoy there promotion hunt, the 6 points will do for me!

He looks like a bin man, he suits DogDale, leave him there!

Money talks. We have none.

He might have doubled his wage when he :censored:ed off to Barnsley.

We might be able to pay him double if he accepts his salary in SportsDirect vouchers, otherwise it's a none starter.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Money talks for the majority of those involved in professional football, with keith hill however i am not sure it does...

Apart from when he pissed off to Barnsley at the first opportunity (which sounds familiar). He's only back at Dale because he was out of his depth in the Championship

I think he's a decent manager for our level, however the way he always plays off the 'little old rochdale' line in nearly all his interviews would grate on me if he was to become our manager.

YES just the same as Rochdale, we're not exactly the biggest fish in the pond that is League One, but I wouldn't want to be reminded of that every week.

I think he's a decent manager for our level, however the way he always plays off the 'little old rochdale' line in nearly all his interviews would grate on me if he was to become our manager.

YES just the same as Rochdale, we're not exactly the biggest fish in the pond that is League One, but I wouldn't want to be reminded of that every week.

Not as bleak a reminder than having 3 stands for the past 5 seasons!